1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Total Drama News & Discussion thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Markus Nelis, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis CN Fan

Any sign of new episodes of Total Drama? Is Total Drama is really back in 2017 or is in hiatus or was The Ridonculous Race Series Finale and there's no future seasons? There's a change that Total Drama is back, maybe they wanted to take a break.

#1 Markus Nelis, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I'm going to copy-paste my post from the "What's Ruining Cartoon Network?" thread:

So, yeah, we don't know.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Isn't there usually a new season each year? I'm starting to think the show is cancelled.
    A shame. It's not that great, but a fun guilty pleasure.
    For those in the US, the whole series, including Ridonculous Race, can be watched on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Ridonculous Race was a huge improvement over the two previous seasons. I'd would've thought that they would've gone for a second season of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. hiperjavier2004

Sorry!!! But the Total Drama franchise has finally come to an end, like 10 years ago!!! That means no more new season, equals no more new characters as the new contestants, equals no more new episodes, equals no more new hosts, equals no more new location or place or challenge!!!!!!!

AND that's the end of the Total Drama series and the Rindonculous Race, FOREVERMORE!!!!!

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

6. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

How can it have ended 10 years ago when the Ridonculous Race ended last year?

7. EdCNPowerpuffDrama

EdCNPowerpuffDrama Active Member

According to Fresh TV (The people who produce the show), they are waiting for Cartoon Network (Yes, Cartoon Network and NOT Teletoon) to tell them if they have any future plans for the show or not. After a year, CN still didn't talk with them, but Fresh is trying their hardest to get the show renewed.

Fresh TV is trying to to make the fandom stay alive with constantly making contests, and Chris's voice actor, Christian Potenza making videos on his youtube channel mostly about Total Drama.

So we don't know right now if it's cancelled or not. If nothing will happen next year (which will be the show's 10th anniversary) then we can officially call it cancelled.

8. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Edgier than a piece of paper

THIS. IS.

NO.

PLEASE

9. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis CN Fan

I still believe that total drama will be back next year

10. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

possibly keep checking in the news

11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting that Fresh TV is relying on CN US specifically. I'd figure having more foreign networks interested in picking it up will be enough to fund a new season, but I guess combined they wouldn't be enough.
    I don't fully understand how it all works, but I'm interested in seeing how it all unfolds.

12. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Why does Fresh TV have to ask CN USA, they could just renew the show in Canada through TeleToon and we would still be able to watch it through TV Rips, shouldn't be much of a big problem to begin with.

13. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Watching the TV Rips is a big problem. Watching shows illegally means revenue lost, and then they can't afford to make future seasons.

14. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

That's true but if CN doesn't want to renew then they can just air in Canada.

15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And then people can watch it on Netflix.

16. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

wont they still make money from that?

17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know who "they" you're referring to, but the Netflix deal would've been handled by Cake Distribution, who's job is selling the broadcasting and streaming rights to the show globally. CN is not involved at all, so they don't make any off of it.
    If "they" is Fresh TV, they do make money off the deal with Netflix.

Now I'm starting to question the claim that the show needs CN US to renew the season, but I guess they're one broadcast deal short of funding the next season? I dunno.

18. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I'm guessing that CN is their major customer to this deal, and they were getting the show to actually premiere faster than even Canada as a result.

19. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Yes, they fresh TV, cause they makes money from it. But doesn't Netflix make some of them money?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes. Fresh TV makes money from the deal, but Cake gets a cut of that money as well for brokering the deal with Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk