"Total Drama All Stars" - News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by BrianLeague, Feb 1, 2013.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

[​IMG]

This is the news and discussion thread for Total Drama All Stars, the fifth season of the Total Drama franchise.

Here's the series synopsis from Cartoon Network's upfront press release:

According to Tom McGillis, the first 13 episodes will be an all-star season (Heroes vs. Villains) and the following 13 episodes will introduce a whole new cast of characters.

The teams will be called Heroic Hamsters (heroes) and Villainous Vultures (villains), according to a photo posted by Duncan's voice actor.

Here are some of the characters that will appear this season, according to this video:

• Chris
    • Alejandro (with a new voice actor)
    • Mike
    • Gwen
    • Cameron
    • Heather
    • Courtney
    • Sierra
    • Duncan
    • Zoey

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Can they really call it “All Stars” when there are only two sets of characters to choose from, and one set had a short season and were barely used at all? It seems like a misleading name, and if what you said about them introducing a third cast is true, well, they can hardly be called “All Stars” when this is their first season. Anyway, I didn’t finish watching Revenge Of The Island after my power got knocked out for two weeks last July, but both Dawn and Silent B got eliminated during that time and they were the only two characters I cared about. Hopefully they’re in this.

And can we finally let Ezekiel be Ezekiel and stick around for a while? Not that Gollum thing he became last time we saw him.

3. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Man, that poster looks amazing. Really looking forward to this.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Ah, my favorite guilty pleasure has returned, and like rumors have stated, this will be a heroes vs. villians show!

So who do you think will be on which team? I think in terms of total contestants there will be 12 members.
    For the heroes, I think it'll be Gwen, Mike, Cameron, Sierra, Dawn, and Cody

For the villains, I think it'll be Heather, Courtney, Scott, Duncan, Alejandro, and Jo.

There's one thing I don't like is how they took the surge of ratings from the fourth season, and now think to keep everything at Camp Wawanakwa. I think the show got great ratings because all the new contestants was a breath of fresh air. I just think having everything take place at the same location from here on out, will get boring.

5. kidstandout

kidstandout New Member

well this is gonna suck.

6. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Why?

7. kidstandout

kidstandout New Member

before i answer that, what season did you start watching and which characters/ships do you like?

8. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

9. Sam Hill

Sam Hill New Member

I'm REALLY unsatisfied overall with the characters who have been selected to be in this season. I think I'm looking less forward to this one than any season before it. :sad:

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Oh man....Zoey has got to be the most bland character in the whole show. She was pretty much there to be Mike's girlfriend, with all the conflict that goes with it.

11. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

I started watching in Season 1, and I donmt really like shipping. I just let the writers do their thing.

12. Sam Hill

Sam Hill New Member

I'm disappointed so few TDI characters seem to be returning. I can take or leave the majority of the TDROTI characters and it doesn't even look like we're getting the best ones of that group back. I don't like Mike, Zoey, or Lightning and they've all been confirmed to return . Where's Brick? :shrug:

13. MatthiasofRedwal

MatthiasofRedwal New Member

The TD franchise is full of one-dimensional and unlikeable characters and once All-Stars is over
    You can bet you'll easily forget these characters

14. kidstandout

kidstandout New Member

ok, here's why it going to suck, 1 half the season is composed of an all star competition featuring some of the original cast and some of the new tdri cast. its bad enough they came up with a theme just to bring back the screen hogs like duncan and heather, but instead of throwing in some underdogs like noah, they throw in some tdri noobs. how they are all stars is beyond me.

2 the first half will also be heroes vs villains. which makes no sense because there are way too many heroes compared to villains, which probably explains why they used tdri noobs for this

3 after the derails to several notable characters in tdwt, primarily dxcxg, there is no way they are going fix them properly in thirteen episodes

4 the second half of the season will feature another new cast -_-. what was the point of even making tdri a half season? they could of just done this all star competition using more of the orginal cast with a full 26 episodes which would be more then enough time to fix the derailed characters. then make another season with all these noobs that most of the fans dont care about.

the show had been getting worse since tda. tdri had potential but this season is just throwing that out the window.

15. Yoko Kurama

Yoko Kurama New Member

Oh no not another one, I'll never understand why this show can get 5 seasons yet other better shows barley make it past the first season, I mean come on it's a freaking cartoon about survivor I don't know whose smart idea(sarcasm) it was to come up with this franchise but they need to go reevaluate themselves. Seriously if wanted to watch Survivor then i'd watch Survivor not some animated rip off of it

16. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

To be fair, it's more like a parody than a rip-off. Also, the same could be said about a lot of series.

17. Monte

Monte Active Member

What we have is only the confirmed cast, not necessary the WHOLE cast... 9 players are announced and a few more may be added to balance out the teams; heck Dudley even pointed out how the teams could potentially be filled out with 12 players included those already announced.

Its not a ripoff of suvivor, its a parody of it... this has been done plenty of times in animation; Parodies of movies, of sitcoms, and so on.

18. kidstandout

kidstandout New Member

i know thats not the whole cast, thats not the point. the whole reason they made it heroes vs villains is because they want to use the newbies from tdri. which completly cotradicts the all star competiton they are labiling this season as.

19. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 New Member

Has there been any word on when this series is set to air? Iam realy hoping it hits for the summer, rather than be held off until the fall.

20. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Probably they'll give us an estimated air date in the Upfront...

But yeah, I'm guessing it'll air around June, as that's when most Total Drama seasons premiered.