1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Worst Nicktoons

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Channeleven, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

Well there were Nicktoons from the later part of the 2000s that are hated for the same reason (Tak, Back at The Barnyard and Fanboy and Chum Chum) but for the most part even with those problems there were a lot of redeeming qualities to the older Nicktoons (1991-2005) than even the bad qualities can so be somewhat be brushed off, but these newer Nicktoons for the most part have very little good things going for it, hence why they're hated.

2. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

Plus I'm talking about the majority of people (mostly teenagers and adult) who hate these shows.

3. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I'm a teenager, and I don't really like CatDog and Rocket Power (I didn't even like them when I was younger).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

Well you're in the minority, if you see a lot of FB posts or Youtube videos/comments or sites such as Buzzfeed and Bustle, you'll see that a lot of pople really lik Catdog and Rocket Power, trust me I've seen them.

5. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

And that's probably based on opinion, not fact.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #25 Cartoon Ruler, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  6. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Sometimes vocality can be quite deceiving in how liked a show actually is. Bringing up this example again, TTG is probably the single most scathingly hated cartoon of today, for various different reasons, and yet it usually gets the highest first-run ratings of any show on the network, even before the network's live numbers started taking a steep decline. Meaning there's obviously a lot of people that do genuinely like it, they just don't speak up nearly as much. My guess is because every time someone does try to defend it, others would pretty much bully them over it. Sad, really.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

They objectively are not

Sanjay & Craig has legitimately good writing, while Pig Goat Banana Cricket has some of the best art and animation on the network

• Like Like x 1
  8. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

Yeaaaaahhh.....NOPE

That maybe your opinion bbut to a lot of people, it's hated for a very good reason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

The thing about opinions is that yours is no less valid than his, despite both being opposite, assuming both are equally reasonable. And no, merely going against the grain doesn't count as unreasonable.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. SaneMan

Yeah, it is called nostalgia goggles
    like how everyone hated the 2000s during the 2000s

The reason being they never bothered to watch it, only parroting what some nobody on the internet said

• Winner Winner x 2
    #30 SaneMan, Apr 26, 2017
  11. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

If thiss mentality is true then how come The Loud House became popular?

BECAUSEPEOPLE WATCHED IT BEFORE JUDGING IF THEY WERE GOING TO WATCH IT JUST LIKE HOW THEY DID WITH SANJAY AND CRAIG AND BREADWINNERS

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SaneMan

Actually no

There was a huge hype for the series LONG before it even premiered

thanks for proving my point

• Winner Winner x 2
    #32 SaneMan, Apr 26, 2017
  13. Blast Zone

Blast Zone New Member

ITT: People not realizing that the term "objectively good/bad show" is an oxymoron

• Like Like x 1
  14. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

I've seen a few episodes of PGBC and TBH it's art style is very unappealing. Everything has this nauseous sort of melted look to it, it seriously makes my stomach churn to watch it. It's one of the worst cases of "ugly for the sake of ugly" I have seen in animation, IMO. There are shows with worse character designs, but PGBC is one of the worst in terms of raw animation style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I personally find the backgrounds really nice and original, unlike the plots and humor.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a5ea560801e16a8c302bb12dfe59acd4/tumblr_nqq4krLofi1r6br3oo6_1280.jpg
    http://francisgiglioart.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PGBC_TreeHousePigBedroom.jpg
    http://payload292.cargocollective.c...Screen-Shot-2015-08-17-at-11.11.02-AM_670.png
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/58/db/97/58db9795b4a345489287105f1e185eff.jpg

Do you find Ed Edd n Eddy, Cow and Chicken and Flapjack less ugly?

My stomach couldn't handle Chowder :D Those moving patterns are terrible. My equilibrium body is quite sensitive, apparently. I often hear a beep in my ears. (right now, actually) Nothing to do about it.

• Like Like x 3
    #35 Red Arrow :D, Apr 26, 2017
  16. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

That's because TLH doesn't feature gross out style. Animation is good, story is good.
    I don't know how Sanjay and Craig in the beginning have good ratings considered it's gross out shows even hated by most people. Sure this is, but there are few moral friendship styles, and love the part for featuring Nick's parody classic game show.
    I've watched Bunsen, and it doesn't click me well. I already outgrown cartoons now in mid 2000s as I barely watched those. Except FOP and SpongeBob, and Loud House is ok and most are liked by adult demos and total viewers for premieres and reruns. Sorry I'm no expert in animation,.

17. SaneMan

It has also an exceptionally detailed art-style, and fluid animation considering the amount of detail
    It is obvious that ALLOT of effort went into the visuals, something that is extremely rare in this day and age

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Yeah...
    NO.
    Just NO.
    And also, Hell NO!

If these shows had been made today, I know for a FACT I'd hate them NOW, just as much as I hated them BACK THEN as a kid growing up with these pathetic excuses for colorful moving pictures. Doesn't matter what everyone else thinks of me or my tastes (whether IRL or especially on the internet!).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

I like EEnE's style (the characters were oddly shaped, but not covered in warts and wrinkles like in Flapjack) Cow and Chicken was OK (never watched it that much) but Flapjack had horrible character designs IMO. The show's characters were like Spongebob "grossup closeups" that ran the whole length of an episode.

Chowder is interesting for me, the style I kinda sorta liked, but the constantly moving patterns made it hard to watch episodes back-to-back, as it strained my eyes.

@SaneMan: Shame all that effort didn't go into making the show appealing to look at. ;) That's perfectly fine if you like it, but personally I don't find "melted Tex Avery" to be a good looking artstyle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. SaneMan

@90'sKid
    remember, making everything look the same is not necessarily a good thing

• Agree Agree x 1