1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Worst Nicktoons

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Channeleven, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Channeleven

Channeleven New Member

What are your top 10 worst Nicktoons

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I make a point out of not watching these videos (unless they are by Pan Pizza and maybe Doug Walker)

not sure if I personally can name enough bad Nicktoons to make a top 10, but I em sure Doug would be number one, and CatDog would be somewhere on the list

3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

This video is so bad, I can only make out a couple of words from this guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Knowing I've actually grown to like Sanjay & Craig, for example of something everyone hates that I like / tolerate, I know this thread is nothing but trouble to me... Although let me be honest - I really don't like My Life As A Teenage Robot, Rocket Power, CatDog, or Danny Phantom, period. Also, just about any Nicktoon that isn't Rocko's Modern Life, As Told By Ginger, or the Avatar shows doesn't really hold up too well for me, either.

Yeah... Why did I participate in any of this? This seems like an excuse to gang - up on & shame anyone who doesn't like what's popular, as well those who like stuff people otherwise don't like / find overrated.
    These threads can be such a time - sink, honestly.

5. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

Breadwinners
    Sanjay & Craig
    Planet Sheen
    TUFF Puppy
    Pig Goat anana Cricket
    Rabbids Invasion
    Robot and Monster

6. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

If we are generous and include shows aired on Nick but not actually produced by them, then my list would be, in no particular order:

Back at the Barnyard
    Mr. Meaty
    Sanjay and Craig
    Rabbits Invasion
    Pig Goat Banana Cricket
    Planet Sheen (Probably the least bad on this list)
    Breadwinners
    Doug (Never really felt "Nicktoony")

7. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Sanjay & Craig and Pig Goat Banana Cricket do not belong on that list

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

They end up always being bait choices, constantly seen on every list. As always I wonder how much do most people even see these shows before calling them the worst.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I.R. Shokew

Obvious assumption (I'm addressing both of you as best as I can) - the humor both examples employed wasn't as mature, nor intelligent enough, as it could have been and is - in things on the spectrum of Harvey Beaks (which I'm still a little bummed about being canned, but that's Nick's fault with their lack of faith in it.), and The Loud House (which can be pretty boring & predictable at times, however.), to many people out there, including me (unfortunately).

Difference is is that (and this is why I can come to its defense at times) Sanjay & Craig did try to dial it back a bit in Seasons 2 & 3, but it was still there and hurt what is otherwise a criminally underrated show (for me, of course), sadly. I ain't a fan of Pig Goat Banana Cricket, but I can't go any farther than that because (unlike whomever made this list thread,) I don't want to go out of my way to bash hard on shows I don't otherwise care for.

I still think these list threads / countdown vids are nothing but bait only people on 4chan/8chan would be proud of and they're just annoying as hell to see on better sites than that, like here, for example. I really do think there should be a rule against these (and last time I checked, there was -and this one is already feels like a violation, due to a lack of explanations / effective criticism for why these target shows are bad enough to be the worst, according to OP)

Yeah - No explanations / effective criticisms of what you dislike, whatsoever = WEAK and INVALID ARGUMENT treated like it's FACT. Again - Not smart, OP.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 90'sKid

That list is personal choice, so IMO, they do belong on that list. I don't tell you what to put or not put on your lists, so don't tell me what I can or can't put on my lists. Personally I think both of those shows are deserving of being on my worst list. I loathe gross-out shows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

Yeah, there's a reason these shows are hated they're really that ad so don't e suprised to see them on ny worst of lists SaneMan and IRShokew, because they're bad cartoons.

12. 90'sKid

That's exactly what I was thinking, the fact that they end up on so many "Top Ten Worsts" lists both on here and across the web shows that they are not that well received. So I don't see the big shock in them winding up on my list. I mean I have heard that S and C got better, but I just cannot like it, I find gross-out to be the worst form of humor, and I cannot enjoy shows that use a lot of it. Now before anyone says that "Oh your list is just new shows!" I was going to add CatDog and Ren and Stimpy to the list but had forgot. I don't mean to cast any ill will to the shows on my list, it's simply personal preference, I respect at others can and do like some of those shows, and that's great. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I.R. Shokew

Worry not - I'm really only taking a shot at the OP. As long as we can respect each other's opinions and not come down on each other's tastes/views on things, we're alright.

Besides, despite my criticisms, The Loud House and Harvey Beaks are still better shows - again, ALL IMHO and that only.

Like I said, that's your opinion - just like mine is... well, I've seen worse, once again - IMHO, of course. That's probably one reason I can defend one thing a lot of people otherwise don't like, TBH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 90'sKid

Alright! Ya I place respect for others and their opinion above all when it comes to discussions on here. I may seem strongly opinionated at times but I will NEVER trash another's opinions.

I know how it is to defend something that the majority hate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Sorry mate, but your opinion ≠ fact.

I've known some people on the internet (excluding myself, SaneMan, I.R. Shokew, and a few other TZ members) who happens to like Sanjay & Craig, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, or even both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

At least not all of your picks were from the current decade, and you at least tried to mix things up. Plus just the fact you refuse to trash other people's opinions as you said is infinitely more respectable than those that do. I think it's safe to say we've all gone against the grain at some point or another, after all (like Rugrats for me).

That being said, while it is true a lot of people hate shows like that, sometimes even shows that are as hated as they come do in fact have a fanbase that just isn't very vocal for one reason or another. Case in point, Teen Titans Go. That doesn't invalidate your point in any way but it goes to show that sometimes opinions can vary super wildly.

Sorry, but that black and white mindset is not quite how it works. Obviously somebody must have liked those shows so they could get made in the first place, after all. It's not like they just passively approve everything since greenlighting an animated show requires pretty heavy investments.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #16 Toon4Thought, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  17. 90'sKid

Exactly.

I have learned that even the most hated and despised cartoons/anime have a fanbase, but even though the shows they like may be hated by the majority, that doesn't mean they (the fans) aren't deserving of respect.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Toon4Thought

If only the guys on Tumblr and YouTube who constantly demand TTG be cancelled knew that...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

There's a reason a lot of the hated Nicktoons come from this decade, to a lot of people including myself they're not good, shows like Sanjay and Craig, Breadwineers, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Rabbids Invasion, Robot and Monste and Bunsen Is A Beast are poorly written, theey go for the lowest form of comedy, only appealing to one demographic. If nostalgia was the reason these Nicktoons were hated then the Loud House would have never gotten popular in the first place

20. Toon4Thought

Well, it mostly comes off as biased when literally all of the picks are from the current decade. And it's not like none of their older shows also did just that. Plus, some people may think the poor writing either isn't poor given their tastes or has some charm underneath it.

• Winner Winner x 2