1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone News Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by dtemplar, Aug 8, 2017.

1. dtemplar

dtemplar Old School Professor
    Reporter

2. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Wasn't there a Legion of Super Heroes animated cartoon series on the old Kids WB network in 2006-2007 despite making the TOP 10 CHARACTERS THAT NEED A DC ANIMATED FILM list?

3. dcfan819

dcfan819 New Member

I absolutely agree with Flash, given The Flash live action show is CWs number 1 show (and a cash cow for DC) there is no excuse at this point why James Tucker or Bruce Timm can't give us an animated Flash movie.

I do think Shazam needs one. I feel DC needs to do more to expose him to a wider audience given we're getting a live action movie.

Another character I know was a prominent character before but never given a solo animated movie and deserves one is Supergirl, like Flash, the TV show is doing solid numbers and there's the fact that we've only had one animated solo female movie in Wonder Woman

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Well-Known Member

I like this top 10, especially for seeing Ray Palmer on that list! :D

my top 10:

10) Green Arrow
    9) Justice League International
    8) Shazam
    7) Firestorm
    6) Flash
    5) JSA
    4) New Gods
    3) Aquaman
    2) Hawkman
    1) The Atom

5. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I would still like to see Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil adapted as a 'PG' animated movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd love a comedy starring Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

Pipe dream never gonna happen, but a movie with the Milestone characters.

Yes, an animated series. The topic is about a movie starring a team/character, not an animated series.

7. dtemplar

dtemplar Old School Professor
    Reporter

Yes it does. The blog I made is for which heroes should have their own film. I'm not sure which members of the Legion would they use. I know that Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, and Brainiac 5 would be the most obvious members to be part of the group.

8. juan1193

juan1193 Member

I'd definitely include Dawnstar! It sucks that she never apeared in the original show. She's a cool character and she's a Native American superhero which is a huge plus in my book! Timber Wolf and Phantom Girl are also must haves for me.

Edit: I would love a Blue Beetle animated film, although it'd probably never happen. Maybe as a DC showcase short? They can adapt the Posse storyline and finally animate La Dama! You know since YJ already handled his two most iconic stories perfectly (The Reach & Black Beetle).

#8 juan1193, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Tucker had plans for Dawnstar in season 3. I forget but I think she had a background cameo at the end of season 2 when the original 3 were doing the rally call for the big battle. At least she appeared later on in the Trapped in Time DTV.