1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone's Cartoon Network 25th Anniversary: 2017

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Scrappy-Fan92, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

And now we celebrate 2017! This year so far, we've gotten:

-The premiere of OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes and the Adventure Time miniseries Islands and Elements
    -The end of Pokemon the Series: XYZ's run on Cartoon Network, heralding the end of daytime anime on Cartoon Network

OK K.O.! intro:

Islands intro:

Elements intro:

Thank you all for your patience these past months. It's been fun reading your comments on all of these threads.

2. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Ahhhhh you're smoking that good sh*t.

Anyways, this was Cartoon Network's worst year since 2009 in my honest opinion. Pokemon's departure, the ultimate spam attacks of Teen Titans Go! on the live stream, the beginning destruction of the live stream as well as many of their shows beginning to be removed off the website and the app.

I had hope in 2014 when Miller came, but now..... idk.

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, it may be a bit soon to say it's the "Worst Year Ever", because the year's not over yet...but it certainly feels like the worst year since 2009. I guess it depends on whether or not "OK KO" is the start of a transition for the network.

I haven't felt confidence in Cartoon Network's line-up since 2014.
    "We Bare Bears" wasn't the start of a new era. "Mighty Magiswords" wasn't the start of a new era. The "Ben 10" and "Powerpuff Girls" reboots didn't light the world on fire. The network's been in a funk.

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

It's just another year not much else to say really, the patterns are still the same. The best thing to come this year was OK KO during August.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk