1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" Voting Thread (Spidey conference) Round #1

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by wonderfly, Mar 10, 2014.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I vote Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I love this show, and I'd say it's the best superhero team show Marvel has produced so far. It's pretty amazing how much stuff actually happened on the show, and how awesome pretty much every character featured on the show was. Stories inspired from the comics, with plenty of new twists along the way to make things more interesting, and I thought the Secret Invasion story-arc (probably the show's highlight) was amazing. I really enjoyed the characters, the story-arcs and the show as a whole. Even the latter, re-tooled episodes, while not nearly as good as the previous ones, are still pretty enjoyable and much better than anything its replacement show has managed to do so far. It's a shame the show didn't continue, since I'd say there was still a lot of potential for future stories.

I think I only watched the first two seasons of Jackie Chan Adventures. I remember liking it, but I just got to vote for Avengers: EMH in this round.

2. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

I gotta go with Avengers: EMH.

3. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Also going to go with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I liked Jackie Chan Adventures a lot, but Marvel cartoons tend to fall flat a lot more often than not for me. Avengers: EMH was to the Avengers what Spectacular Spider-Man was to Spidey: a series that went back to basics and got things right as a result. Other than X-Men Evolution and maybe the original 60's pan-imation/motion comic cartoons, I haven't really gotten into any other Marvel shows.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree with everyone else. Jackie Chan was good in the first two seasons, but got repetitive in terms of the MacGuffins, and writing and even animation went down in quality over time.
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes gets my vote. The action was fun, the characters were all fun, and it was a good showcase of the Marvel universe. Plus it has the best Hulk I've ever seen in a cartoon.

5. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ooh, I really enjoyed Jackie Chan Adventures way back on Kids WB! and in Cartoon Network repeats, but even as a kid, I remember it getting redundant and less fun as it went along. Still, in another match, I might vote for it. But against an incredibly strong animated adaptation of what's always been my favorite comic book franchise? Nah. Avengers: EMH has to get my vote. I also have to give it credit for bringing some of my favorites to the screen that the movies haven't incorporated yet, such as the Wasp, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel, as well as giving Hawkeye the sense of humor Jeremy Renner hasn't projected yet.

The first few episodes and some of the ones near the end weren't too mighty, but everything else? Easily in my top 5 super hero shows.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which may be Marvel's best series EVER. I still wish for a third season...

7. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Avengers. Jackie Chan could be enjoyable at times, but it was also ridiculously repetitive. Avengers is easily the second-best Marvel animated series made to date (Spectacular Spider-Man being the top position).

8. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

My vote goes to Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now this is a pretty tough decision. I remember watching Jackie Chan a lot of Kids' WB. It had likable characters, good action and some nice humor to make it all around fun. I thought that the first two seasons were the best one, but I thought that the third season was pretty good as well. It was retreading the same ground with searching for the talismans in the form of animals, but it was still decent. The last two seasons were pretty bad and I also was disappointed with how badly Valmont fell from grace. He was so intimidating in the first season and a bit in season two, but he slowly became more of a joke, which was a shame. Still, despite the repetitive nature and the poor writing in the later seasons, it was a fun show that is pretty nostalgic for me.

I think that I only saw maybe four or five episodes of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes that one week or so when it was available On Demand, but what I little I saw made the show look really good. The storyline was interesting, the group dynamic looked pretty good, the action was great and it was engaging to watch. So, I'm also going to vote for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I wish that they hadn't taken it off of On Demand so quickly since I wanted to see more and the episodes I did see made me want to check the show out a lot. It's a tough matchup for Jackie Chan Adventures since I probably would have voted for it if it was against a different Marvel series, but Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes left too much of a good impression for me to not vote for it in this case.

10. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

Jackie Chan

I thought it was an ok show and I've still got a grudge against EMH that won't let me vote for it.

11. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Just a reminder: You have around 2 hours left to vote!

12. Cookiefication

Cookiefication ¯\(º_o)/¯

I vote for Jackie Chan Adventures. Yet another Kids WB show that I watched every week. It was humorous and fun, and I always enjoyed seeing the each talisman's unique powers being used.

I watched a few episodes of Avengers: EMH, but I never really got interested in it. I didn't think it was bad, though.

...I feel like an outcast.

13. wonderfly

The voting has ended for Match #15!

The Winner:

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!!

Onward, to the next match!

14. wonderfly

And now, the Final Match of Round #1!

Match #16:

Aladdin (the TV series)!

[video=youtube;zfoZ1xOBwkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zfoZ1xOBwkw[/video]

Versus:

15. wonderfly

[video=youtube;szKZ0keja-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=szKZ0keja-g[/video]

Who do you vote to win?!?

16. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Gonna go with Avatar: The Last Airbender. I did enjoy some Aladdin when I was a kid, though.

17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Avatar is probably in my top 5 favorite series. I'm not sure if Aladdin is in my top 50 (no slight against the show. It was fun when I did watch it after school).

18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My vote goes to Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's a pretty amazing show overall, which I really enjoyed watching. Most of the characters are likeable, the story-arcs were great and I thought the show offered plenty of action, mixed with some comedy and drama along the way. The story-telling was great, and pretty consistent for the most part. It's a very entertaining show.

From what I remember of Aladdin, it was a pretty good show as well, though I wasn't a regular viewer. The characters were fun, the episodes had some neat adventures and while I remember a couple of stories, Avatar has an edge in this round for me.

19. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Simple: Avatar: The Last Airbender. It is probably the only series I can consider to be perfect. Almost every episode was strongly written, entertaining, and at times emotional. The characters feel genuine, the animation is gorgeous, it doesn't talk down to its audience, its themes are heavy, just EVERYTHING!

20. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

I vote for Avatar: The Last Airbender as well, it really is, or was, a great show.