1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" - Semi-Finals Voting thread (Dragon conference)

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by wonderfly, Apr 17, 2017.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

There were limited spots in the tournament, and I wanted to pay tribute to all eras of Dragon Ball...they were aired as separate series on Toonami, whereas new seasons of Sailor Moon were just billed as a continuation of the Sailor Moon series.

Frankly, I'm surprised both versions (DBZ/DB) made it to the final match up.

In retrospect, I suppose I could've done a tag team match with DBZ/DB versus Justice League/Batman Beyond (those 2 series are connected)...but going by the votes here, I think DBZ/DB would've won that match-up.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I kind of figured that the two Dragon Ball series would go up against each other at some point. They're some of the most popular series Toonami has aired, especially DBZ. It's too bad Batman Beyond lost, but it honestly lasted a lot longer than I would have expected it to.

Anyway, I'll go with DBZ. While I'm still more familiar with the Kai version than the original DBZ series that aired back in the day, I can still see why this was the series that became so popular. I still haven't see the original Dragon Ball and I don't plan to, but from what I've heard about it, I can understand why people would prefer its balance of action and comedy compared to the DBZ series.

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

In the battle of Kid Godu vs. Adult Goku...

The Winner:

Dragon Ball Z!!

And now, a new thread for the final match-up!