1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone Talkback - "Wreck-It Ralph" Pre-Release Discussion

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Astrolupine, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BagOfMagicFood

BagOfMagicFood New Member

Ah, I remembered something about Megamind that might actually be relevant! I once saw a discussion about a criticism that Megamind is hardly a hero when all he did was clean up the mess that he created in the first place. Now, since Wreck-It Ralph is said to "unleash a deadly enemy" in the official synopsis, do you think it will have that same problem as some fear, or do you think they'll find a way for Ralph to accomplish a net positive?

2. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Movies with Butter has a short interview with Phil Johnston, one of the writers of Wreck-It Ralph.

From the Disney Parks Blog, there was a Wreck-It Ralph Family Game Day at Walt Disney World last Saturday. Inside the Magic and Hidden Mickey Guy have additional blog posts about the event.

GamerTell has a list of locations where the Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade game will be appearing over the next two weeks. In the Los Angeles area, if you can get a high score on Fix-It Felix Jr., you can win tickets to the movie. I think Disney should try to get more of these machines into real arcades, particularly those that either were significant to arcade history or actually existed in 1982. Back in June, there was an article at Vending Times about Wreck-It Ralph, and a former Disney executive, Kevin Williams, wrote an open letter about how the amusement industry should try to help promote the movie. One arcade spot not currently mentioned in the Gamertell list I believe Disney should try to get a Fix-It Felix Jr. machine into is the Funspot in Laconia, New Hampshire. Funspot was the site of the first perfect Pac-Man game in 1999, and is said to be the largest arcade in the world on their website. Disney should try to get a promotional stop there if possible.

Also, as the premiere date approaches, I would like third parties with cameos in the movie like Namco, Sega, and Capcom to try promoting the movie as well. It is probably going to be something simple like mentioning the movie on their Twitter accounts. Also, it's too bad the movie posters with the cameo characters aren't for sale that I know of, as there are fans out there who would want a copy of the official Sonic the Hedgehog Wreck-It Ralph poster Disney made for this movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.