1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone Talkback - "Wreck-It Ralph" Pre-Release Discussion

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Astrolupine, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

In Real World I Play Games, In Sugar Rushia Games Play You

I was about to post about how the Speedway wouldn't let me play :anime:. But you found a link that works. Thanks!

"Sugar Rush" by AKB48 is very cute. It doesn't even matter that most of it isn't even in English.

Here's a bunch of character descriptions including Surge Protector and some of the Sugar Rushians. I totally want to see Surge Protector have a hissy fit and want to quit his job too.

http://collider.com/wreck-it-ralph-images-character-descriptions/198778/

Track listing for the soundtrack.

1. When Can I See You Again? – Owl City
    2. Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph – Buckner & Garcia

3. Celebration – Kool & The Gang
    4. Sugar Rush – AKB48
    5. Bug Hunt (Noisa Remix) – Skrillex
    6. Shut Up and Drive – Rihanna
    7. Wreck-It Ralph – Score
    8. Life in the Arcade – Score
    9. Jumping Ship – Score
    10. Rocket Fiasco – Score
    11. Vanellope Von Schweetz – Score
    12. Royal Raceway – Score
    13. Cupcake Breakout – Score
    14. Candy Vandals – Score
    15. Turbo Flashback – Score
    16. Laffy Taffies – Score
    17. One Minute to Win It – Score
    18. Vanellope’s Hideout – Score
    19. Messing with the Program – Score
    20. King Candy – Score
    21. Broken-Karted Score
    22. Out of the Penthouse, Off to the Race – Score
    23. Sugar Rush Showdown – Score
    24. You’re My Hero – Score
    25. Arcade Finale – Score

I was really hoping that they wouldn't reuse tried old pop tracks like "Shut Up & Drive" if I wanted to hear that I'd watch a Dreamworks picture:p. I'm betting that "Celebration" will be during the Fix-It Felix, Jr party.

On Saturday, The Disney Channel had a special Game Night where they promoted Wreck-It Ralph. They showed the scene where Ralph & Vanellope first meet.

http://www.dis411.com/disney-news/n...t-for-disneys-qwreck-it-ralph-game-night.html

I can't get that link to work for me.

But here's a portion of the special and the Meet Ralph & Felix commercials.

http://video.disney.com/watch/the-world-rotation-4cacfb6e321417d75ff3584a

Poor quality Game Night videos.

http://nekonohime.tumblr.com/post/32561523026/i-got-a-clip-more-are-on-the-way-btw-turn-your

Full scene of Ralph & Vanellope.

http://nekonohime.tumblr.com/post/32564585633/heres-the-sneak-peek-guys-its-the-full-scene

A spoiler free review of the movie from May.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/con...ut-advanced-review-film-see-our-thoughts.html

Here's some of the talk about a sequel I saw.

39. Besides Sugar Rush and Hero’s Duty, Ralph was going to go into a game called Extreme Easy Living 2, basically Grand Theft Auto meets The Sims. It was cut early on but could resurface in a sequel.

50. Felix’s father, Fix it Felix Sr., could possibly be in a sequel and Moore imagines Ron Howard as his voice.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70857555.html?thread=12450478419#ixzz28CF1LTdJ

2. BagOfMagicFood

BagOfMagicFood New Member

Hey, if you've already finished all the tracks in Sugar Rush Speedway and want a little more entertainment out of it, I've discovered one secret: Enter the code
    to
    Yes, obvious password is obvious.

3. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This just went up today. At Empireonline.com, there is a new trailer for Wreck-It Ralph. This one has the Disney castle logo in 8-bit form at the beginning.

Also, at Game Central Station on the Wreck-It Ralph official site, you can now play Hero's Duty, and now select Sugar Rush from there as well.

10/8 Update: Buzzfeed.com has a retro 1982 VHS style commercial for Litwak's Arcade, featuring Fix-It Felix Jr. and Wreck-It Ralph. The ad is definitely similar to commercials you would see airing during Saturday morning or weekday afternoon cartoons in that era.

Also, if you are curious as to how the Wreck-It Ralph movie logo came about, MichaelDoret.com has the details, including logo concepts used before the finalized 8-bit style logo now being used for movie promotions.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

5. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf Active Member

This video game world they're going for looks real fun, even if they're borrowing the "I don't want to be the bad guy anymore" thing from Megamind (Disney stealing from DreamWorks again LOL). So yeah, looking forward to this, along with Rise of the Guardians.

#145 Vaporleaf, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
  6. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There is a new Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade record set by a Disney Animation employee, according to an Examiner.com article written by Patrick Scott Patterson.

From the Disney Parks blog, Ralph and Vanellope will be appearing at the Disney Parks next month, and the Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade game will be at the Tomorrowland Starcade at Disneyland.

Also, following another link on MichaelDoret.com, check out the 8-bit Nesquik logo and 8-bit bunny. It makes me think of other possible logos promotional partners with Disney could use with this movie. Maybe another company could use their logo from 1982 on a branded product?

7. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

[video=youtube;R5eetsUxrJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R5eetsUxrJI[/video]

3:24. Looks someone lost their rings.

8. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wish I got that joke.
    I do like Bison's voice though. I also saw how the rhino from Altered Beasts had to be comforted by that blue chick. That made me chuckle.

10. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Remember 1997? BuzzFeed adds a Sugar Rush commercial from 1997. However, Sugar Rush's graphics are far too impressive for 1997 as it looks even better than Toy Story 1 from 1995! IMO, Disney should have simplified the game graphics from the Sugar Rush game on the website and used that in this commercial if they wanted something more authentic to 1997, but they are promoting the movie first after all. Note the "Select Your Kart" is written in Mario-style color letters, and the Litwak's Arcade deal has improved over 15 years.

The Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade machine is now appearing at more locations, as detailed in this thread at Arcade-Museum.com.

11. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

Well I was watching the clips on IGN's YouTube, and looks like they have a trailer for an actual game. As in, an official release for DS, 3DS, and Wii (a game based on a movie based on games? Gameceptoin! No, Movieception! Or wait, GameMovieGameception!) DS and 3DS makes sense considering the DS is so popular and 3DS is the newer system, but why only Wii and not Wii U? Nintendo looks to be the publisher, and you would think they would ask Disney or the developers of this game for a Wii U version. And could it be possible that Bowser will be given a bigger role, and maybe even appearances by Mario, Luigi, Link, Samus, Fox, Pit, Kirby, Pikachu, and any others?

Anyways, so all the Sonic cameos we've seen so far are:
    -the 'Sonic Sez' segment (talking about losing a life in another game)
    -The party (it looks to be from the building in Fix-It-Felix Jr.'s game, the party that Ralph isn't invited to)
    -Rings falling when hit (this got an lol from me when I saw the trailer)
    -A Sonic the Fighters arcade machine in the actual arcade in the movie
    -Eggman in the villain meeting
    -Eggman walking with a 'mysterious figure'
    -And a tiny little spec that is hard to see in the same scene as Eggman, some suggest it to be Classic Sonic, since Sonic is facing Eggman there could be a confrontation.

12. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Activision is the one making the video games. The trailer doesn't reveal much about the game at all however.

There is also now a GameFly tie-in commercial mentioning the video games and movie.

There are many blog posts out there about a recent Wreck-It Ralph press day event held by Disney Animation. At the time, the movie was in an unfinished state. Here are links to a couple of those blogs: Fabulous Finds by Tiffany and Life According to Damaris.

The San Francisco Chronicle has details of a new promotional item appearing in the city that is not the arcade game.

13. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

I rewatched the trailer last night, saw that I was wrong about Nintendo, and I was meaning to edit my post, but I forgot to. Activision publishing it means that if Hero's Duty is in this game just like the movie, then it will play exactly like the most recent CoD games or Transformers: WfC/FoC.

14. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

15. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Not really as Megamind was fine with being a bad guy for much of the movie and had accepted it as his life. It was not until late in the movie when he realized he could be more. With Ralph he wants to be more then a villain from the beginning so it's not really stealing. It's not that original of an idea anyway.

16. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From the Wreck-It Ralph Twitter, there was a screening of the movie for the gaming press tonight. Also announced tonight on Disney Interactive's Tumblr page, is a mobile Wreck-It Ralph game. It actually consists of three games: Fix-It Felix Jr., Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush: Sweet Climber. The Sugar Rush game is not a racer- maybe it is because of Wreck-It Ralph's appearance in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? Unlike the last Fix-It Felix Jr. game, there will be both an Android version and an iOS version. It doesn't say if it will be based on the early version from June, or the current version of Fix-It Felix Jr. My guess is it likely is the later version, with the cut scenes of Wreck-It Ralph, Fix-It Felix Jr., and the Nicelanders.

17. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf Active Member

It was more like halfway through the film, but who cares when it happens? I don't know any other animated film with the "villain not wanting to be bad anymore" theme but Megamind. The lines from the trailers are even alike "I don't want to be the bad guy anymore".

That said, I'm still looking forward to this. I hope the trailers and commercials don't reveal too much and ruin all the cool stuff.

18. BagOfMagicFood

BagOfMagicFood New Member

This may be just due to me having watched The Incredibles too many times, but I'm getting a sense that Wreck-It Ralph's journey may actually mirror Mr. Incredible's the best, only he's neither a hero nor a family man at the beginning of the story. Here we have a big strongman who can really be quite sensitive sometimes and--you know what, I should really spoiler-block this in case I've pieced together the plot too well or someone hasn't seen The Incredibles...

Hmm, maybe they should have called Mr. Incredible "Break-It Bob". :p

I can see why some people would want to compare Wreck-It Ralph to Despicable Me in the last half, though, where it appears that

I hear that "Turbo" may not be a Street Fighter joke, but something they made up just for the movie that won't make sense until you see it all the way through, so don't worry.

#158 BagOfMagicFood, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  19. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I kind of doubt it will follow the plot from The Incredibles or Despicable Me, and instead be its own thing. Plus, even if it does borrow elements from other animated movies, the most important aspect is how well it fits the story for this particular movie, not just "they borrowed the idea from that movie, so they automatically lose some review points for it."

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting may be one game referred to, with M. Bison and the other characters having alternate costumes in that game. That game also sped up game play. There is also Super Street Fighter II Turbo, the game that introduced Akuma to the Street Fighter world, and was made into a "HD Remix" version in recent years.

IGN has the Litwak's Arcade commercial for Hero's Duty now. The game is very expensive to play, .25 x 8, or two dollars. The Litwak's Arcade commercials appear to be doing a good job at building buzz for the movie from an article at Boxoffice.com. We'll see if that means a good opening weekend in two weeks.

20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.