1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone Talkback, "King Yakko"

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by K2323, May 25, 2010.

1. K2323

K2323 Member

I just rewatched this episode yesterday and what do you think of it? This one worked better than the three muska warners for me. I just think that it was the best full length episodes. I even like the wang animation. This one seemed to have the best setup of gags. My favorite part was their satire of Bob Hope and his cue card bit. The polka dot bit was funny but overused once too many times. I can't remember but was it Tom Minton who wrote that episode? If so, its his best.

2. cavgurl

cavgurl I'm cute!

Great episode! I love the song (Let the Anvils Ring) and the "Polka dot?" (Polka, Dot?) pun is cute. :dot: My favorite part is Yakko's address to the people of Anvilania.
    Y: Citizens of Anvilania, I stand before you because if I stood behind you, you couldn't see me. :)
    I drew a fan art recently of King Yakko. Here's the link to it:
    http://517newcreation.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ovqcm

3. K2323

K2323 Member

Well, its nice but where's King Yakko? All i see is a combination frame of various silverage characters.

4. cavgurl

cavgurl I'm cute!

5. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

I have the episode on my Animaniacs Volume 1 DVD set. It was one of the series' finest full-length episodes and I sincerely enjoyed its animation and plot.

6. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread, but I want to get my thoughts in. I believe this is the first Animaniacs special, and it was definitely a very fun one. The idea behind Yakko being holds a lot of potential for storytelling, and they ran with it all the way. Also, this episode was written by Peter Hastings.

7. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

I liked how the kids let Dictator Umlaut have it.

8. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

This is my favorite episode of Animaniacs. It should have been the series' movie because of how great the plot was and how it was a semi-musical. Anyone agree with me?