Toonzai Talkback: "Dragon Ball Z Kai" [Series Talkback] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by D Dubbs, Aug 14, 2010.

1. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

[​IMG][​IMG]

The story of Dragon Ball Z has been told many times before. FUNimation and Saban originally teamed up to bring the show to U.S. airwaves in 1996 through syndication. Eventually in 1998, the show moved to Cartoon Network's Toonami, and completed its run in 2003. In 2009, has created a new, more condensed version of Dragon Ball Z, called Dragon Ball Z Kai, and first premiered on Nicktoons Network earlier in May this year. Now, Dragon Ball Z finally returns to broadcast television as part of the new programming block Toonzai, allowing almost everyone in the United States to witness the amazing story of Goku and his friends.

Saturday, August 14th, 2010
    Episode 1: Prologue to Battle! The Return of Goku!

2. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

It'll be interesting to see just how many more replies the Toonzai run gets then the Nicktoons run...

3. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I dont think itll get more replies than the nicktoons thread. Its just one episode instead of the barrage of new episodes Nicktoons gets.

4. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

What time is this on? I lack Nicktoons network so this is news to me. =D

5. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

...Okay, 1 more guy.

Ah! I get it now! If Nicktoons is just a small fraction of DBZKai viewership. LOADS more will the network broadcast!

6. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

..Personally I prefer the Nicktoons network because I sense tons of cuts from this but eh.:sweat:

7. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Should be 10 AM on your local CW network.

8. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Sadly, it'll be 8 AM Sunday morning for my CW affiliate, so another 24 hours here...

That still annoys the hell (or is it HFIL?) out of me, that my affiliate splits the block between two days like that, all because they have to air their precious church services and Fresh Prince reruns (yes, they air a catholic service at 10, directly followed by a full hour of Fresh Prince) where the second half of the block should be airing.

I want to see this today, dammit! :sad:

9. partysmores999

partysmores999 New Member

So basically, you're only getting Cubix and Sonic X on your lineup? That sucks.

Well, here, they just ran an ad that Dragon Ball Z Kai will be on in 2/1 hours, if I didn't misread the sign.

10. veemonjosh

Don't forget about TMNT yet. My affiliate is showing those three shows today, then the other three shows tomorrow morning.

The frustrating thing is that, despite this, they're still showing the "Dragon Ball Z Kai is coming up in X hours" bumps. They're giving the people in my area one big stupid tease.

11. partysmores999

Well, maybe, your affiliate is just...mean?

BTW off-topic note but if they dare scream out "TOONZAI!" during the premiere of Dragon Ball Z Kai that's going to show they care more about the re-brand then the show. Seriously, they're saying "Toonzai!" every 5 minutes...at least for my affiliate.

Anyone else getting annoying or at least getting this annoying "Toonzai!" scream?

12. Immortal_Knight

Immortal_Knight Veteran Of The Cartoon Wars

For me (being a part of the chicagoland area) dbz kai may very well be cut out ENTIRELY. because of something called "the bud billikin parade" which cw appears to be showing STRAIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the block. then when that's done, they shall (apparantly) finish the block with uh some other stuff.

So im guessing dbz kai wlll be shown on cw everywhere else that isn't illinois? or will it be aired everywhere?

edit: yes i am getting that too.

13. veemonjosh

Nah, they've been doing this since the Kids WB days...I've just gotten used to it, I guess.

Yes, oh dear god yes.

It was irritating the first dozen times, now it's just "you want to carve your ears out with a rusty spoon" grating.

14. Immortal_Knight

Immortal_Knight Veteran Of The Cartoon Wars

actually i take back what i said.

for me (anyway me) the giant wave with the guy yelling TOONZAI has only appeared once per episode (the two episodes of cubix i saw). you guys are saying its happening MULTIPLE times per episode?

15. partysmores999

They're going to finish the block...how? If this parade is in the middle of the blog (9am), "Toonzai!" would run past noon, which is normally when most blocks end.

Unless they feel like signing off "Toonzai!" at 2pm. Which they probably don't.

So, some parts of the US might not be getting Dragon Ball Z Kai today?

EDIT: Yes, I heard it scream "Toonzai!" twice during the first Cubix, however it seems like they've done the Samurai thing. Or at least you can think when the first few seconds of Sonic X you see this samurai screamng "TOONZAI!" while surfing around my TV screen.

Hey, I never approved of that. I'm going to make sure that Samurai gets a big fine. xD

16. veemonjosh

It seems to be happening once every act...

17. partysmores999

Commercial just shown for Dragon Ball Z Kai. 90 minutes left.

18. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

Come on now, you should no that most states have different time zones. To tell you the truth I have about 40 minutes left XD

19. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

Watching it right now.

Judging from the first few minutes it seems to be the same as the Nicktoons edit, only now with parts of the video being sped up and time-compressed. Not to mention more commercials and that annoying Samurai-guy on a wave everyone was talking about. Ugh.

Edit: OK, these frequent commercial-interruptions are ticking me off.
    Watching it on Nicktoons is way preferable.

20. Pika Hikari KT

Pika Hikari KT New Member

Sometimes I still can't get over how cute Kai!Gohan is.:3 Seriously, props to Colleen for doing such a great job with him.

...was that bullet glowing in the Nicktoons run?