"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, May 26, 2012.

1. dragoonanime

dragoonanime Member

I really hope that they don't destroy the ship this TIE, I really like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

The possibilities following the end of "Countdown":

1. We get a new TOM
    2. We get a new SARA
    3. We get a new ship
    4. We get a new everything?
    5. Nothing changes (like some of the later T.I.E.'s from the early days of Toonami. Not every event needs to be akin to the original "Intruder").

What do you guys think?

3. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

You left out the possibility that Toonami could be ending and this is a big, final blowout.

Not saying that is the case, but if they were given the luxury of going out with a bang, I'm sure they would take it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Netflix strikes again.

5. Volthoom

Volthoom Member

So here is how I figure Attack On Titan season 3 will air: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure season 2 will end(first half of Part 3), Attack on Titan S3 will air.

6. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

New TIE 2019. Toonami is persevering despite the rapid decline in ratings. Adult Swim is really dedicated to making Toonami stay as the last home for non-toyetic anime on American TV.

7. wonderfly

Even "toyetic" anime is obsolete on American TV now - what's left besides "Pokemon" on Disney XD?

EDIT: Wait, where did you hear there's going to be another TIE in 2019? Do you mean 2018?

#6747 wonderfly, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  8. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

9. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I'm guessing if the channel wasn't included in family packages on some cable systems, they could probably air the ATHF movie without bleeps. Comedy Central, El Rey Network, IFC (and TCM!) would be able to air it uncut late at night.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Disney XD also has Beyblade Burst and I think they still have Yokai Watch. Nicktoons still airs Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V, although I don't know if that counts given how often they go on break with it and I seriously doubt that they'll play anything after they finish season one, assuming that they'll even make it that far after airing the series for nearly two years.

Still, toyetic anime titles definitely aren't not as big as they were back in the day. Most of the popular/most successful anime from the past few years wouldn't really fit for a kids audience without a lot of editing. Plus, most anime licensors aim their dubs at the teenage/young adult crowd, so there aren't a lot of anime specifically for kids coming out as much as it did during the late 90's and early 2000's.

I like how he reassures the fans that they decided to take that time to work on the next TIE instead of being forced on them by the network or budget issues.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. wonderfly

But NOT as part of Toonami. I think that's where the confusion kicked in (for me at least).

Still, it's been a while since Adult Swim aired ATHF the movie, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Definitely. I'd be thrilled if that came on, the last time anything Yamato was on Toonami was Star Blazers on the Reactor website...and this one is a full on remake.

14. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

I'm hoping this does better than the last follow-up to a 70s anime (cough Lupin cough). This one would probably do better due to being more action-packed. With the Yamato remake's lack of hype, I wonder how it will do, but under the radar hits (like Deadman Wonderland) could do wonders for Toonami. Even though Lupin is in the deathslot, it has been a fun change of pace from dark and edgy, and I am glad it was given a chance.

15. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

The main reason the remake didn't get much hype here before was because of how badly Voyager messed up the release. They pitched a pilot dub then went straight to an Aniplex style import model instead.

16. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Judging by the events of part 1, new TOM is my best guess. He hasn't gotten a remodel in a while and he looked pretty banged up there.

17. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

We have another DBZ Kai Marathon this thanksgiving along with the final episode of T.I.E. Countdown

18. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I get that they want to push Lupin III to the end of the year, but how many more times are they going to marathon DBZ Kai? They have quite a few other shows that haven't gotten the marathon treatment yet. Why not give those a chance?

Naruto: Shippuden has been on the block for nearly four years and hasn't had a single marathon in all that time. DB Super has been the highest-rated show alongside Samurai Jack this year. What about one of the smaller shows like Outlaw Star or, heck, even Lupin itself? Nope, it has to be freakin' DBZ for what seems like the 10th time already.

19. wonderfly

And there is probably still 2 more marathons this year, for Christmas and New years...

20. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

It's too bad they couldn't bring back movies. I wouldn't even mind seeing American-animated stuff like Batman: The Killing Joke or BB:Return Of the Joker (uncut).