1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, May 26, 2012.

1. JPReckless2444

On November 4th, The Vindication will be sitting on a ticking bomb....

[I didn't know where to post this lol..] #countdown.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

"Your wish has been granted."

3. JShaggy

JShaggy You Serious?!

Talkback image for Gundam IBO S2:

[​IMG]

4. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

What exactly is Sentai and Toonami's relationship? Sentai has dropped hints now suggesting fans ask Toonami for more Sentai shows. Why isn't DeMarco actively pursuing more Sentai stuff after how successful Akame ga Kill! and Parasyte were?

5. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

More info on Countdown.

Much like Intruder III, it will be 4 episodes long and 3-4 minutes each. However, the final episode will be six minutes long.

EDIT: Also, Sailor Moon Crystal is unattainable at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Well it's only 17 years that have passed and the entire television landscape has changed....

I wonder why they're sticking with the 4 episode count, like they did last year. Was there a reason to not do 7 episodes again? This will keep the event confined to November, it won't carry us through to the end of the year like Intruder II did. Well, I know the last couple Saturdays of the year are tied up with marathons, but I wouldn't have minded for "Countdown" to carry over into December...

I just like the idea of starting the new year with a new setting/new bumpers...but I guess there's no guarantee that everything's about to change (again)...

#6686 wonderfly, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would have assumed that the price for Sentai shows were too expensive, but if Sentai is actually suggesting for fans to ask the Toonami crew to pick up their shows, maybe they just aren't interested in anything they have in their library.

That's not surprising. Since the series is being streamed on sites like Hulu and Crunchyroll, including the dub version, that would probably make it impossible for them to get it right now. While I do like Crystal, I don't know if any version of Sailor Moon would fit on the block. It would provide a more light hearted show and a heavy female cast is a nice bonus. Plus, it would be nostalgic and new content at the same time, so that would be kind of ideal for the block in that sense. I just don't know if it would really fit with all of the other shows on the lineup. It would still be a better choice than going for the original series, if only because it wouldn't take a time slot for another few years.

8. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I forgot that show even existed.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't expect we'd get more Space Dandy episodes after learning that it underperformed in Japan. At best, we could have gotten a movie, but that seems out of the question now too.

11. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

12. wonderfly

Well that doesn't sound very "Halloween-ish"...

Did they do a Halloween marathon last year?

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure that they did. I don't remember what the show was, but it was shortly after Jojo's Bizzare Adventure started on the block. I remember people commenting that it would have been a better choice for a Halloween marathon due to the vampires, but it couldn't be an option because it had just started.

I like Samurai Jack's fifth season a lot more than Jojo, but the latter would be more fitting for a Halloween marathon. I'm more upset that there will be a marathon so soon after IBO started its new season, but I didn't factor in the Halloween marathon before.

14. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Yes. They did a Gundam: IBO marathon.

15. wonderfly

I guess I'm just surprised they didn't do a "Tokyo Ghoul" marathon. Now THAT would be appropriate for Halloween.

Be nice if they could get the rights to a retro horror anime movie (like Vampire Hunter D or "Blood: The Last Vampire" - Adult Swim did air the "Blood +" series, many years ago...).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I could see the Vampire Hunter D film from 2001 fitting in with the other anime on the block.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah. I'm surprised that I couldn't remember that given that I do like the series.

As much as I dislike Tokyo Ghoul, it would be more fitting for a Halloween marathon and the show just finished its run too. I don't know how much action Root A had considering I dropped the show like a bad habit, but Samurai Jack is a better choice out of the two in terms of quality. It would be nice to see them airing some movies again. It probably won't happen since marathons are cheaper and probably easier for them to handle, but I do miss watching movies on Toonami.

18. JPReckless2444

Looks like the final episode will have limited commercials

19. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Looks like Toonami just wants the highest amount of ratings as possible if they're bringing back S5 of Jack yet again...