1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, May 26, 2012.

1. GolfDude

GolfDude Member

the 15th is also easter weekend.. they figure less viewers that weekend, so dump jojo a week earlier when nobody is likely to watch it and come back from easter with the AOT Ratings Boom..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

It really could be an either or for Easter Weekend for the block, sometimes things can work well or maybe not just depending on the holiday at times.

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Voice actor Tara Sands made this Tweet yesterday:

That's interesting that she would announce something that is still 5 months away. It sounds like Toonami might have a surprise for us that they're not telling.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. wonderfly

wonderfly Say yes!
    Staff Member Administrator

Easter weekend is usually crap for ratings, speaking in general. "The Ten Commandments" on ABC probably gets better ratings than a show trying to air new episodes (it's like the Charlie Brown Halloween/Christmas specials, except for the Spring).

• Informative Informative x 1
    #6244 wonderfly, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's certainly interesting. I'm not sure what voice acting roles she's done recently aside from reprising Mokuba for the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie. If she's hinting at something like this, then we could get some surprise announcement within the next few months for this new project.

6. Daikun

Update Tweet from Tara Sands:

• Like Like x 1
  7. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

She must be up to something big, I could guess it could be Samurai Jack or another show that could be on later in a later time.

8. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Curious about that and how far out she means "in a few months" cause Jack will be over before June comes along (provided no other random missed weeks, but doubt it)

Trying to think of anything else that's being dubbed right now that would be eventually on but got nothing. Also wonder if that's limited to actively dubbed series she's voicing cause one of those two shows teased could very well be a completed series which happens to have her voice work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would have to be another show since Samurai Jack would be over before summer starts. Not to mention I don't think she'd have to keep a role in Samurai Jack hidden when they should have already finished recording the season by now. Unless her role was a major spoiler, I think we would have known if she was in Samurai Jack by now.

I'm not sure what the two shows could be that she's alluding to either. A part of me wonders if it's another western animated series made for Toonami/Adult Swim, but I think we would have heard about it by now, especially if they're airing this year. I'm not too sure what anime series she could be a part of either.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. wonderfly

wonderfly Say yes!

Maybe it's "still about 5 months away" from being announced (as in "production is underway!"), not "still about 5 months away from being broadcast"?!?

Don't most shows do the voice acting and THEN do the animation?

11. Daikun

She included anime as a hashtag, so it's likely a dub.

Tokyo Ghoul is scheduled to end in September (assuming there are no/few marathons or interruptions before then), so it's probably a replacement for that.

EDIT: She mentioned in a response that she did voice acting in Gundam Thunderbolt. Since Unicorn ends in June, that show is a good possibility.

#6251 Daikun, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  12. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any question about it. Obviously it's going to be Fighting Foodons and Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse.

Seriously though, if it's anime that have already been dubbed, I don't see a lot of strong possibilities from Sands' Wikipedia page. Maybe Seven Deadly Sins, or Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal, or Tiger and Bunny, but I think she had pretty small roles in all of those.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If it's been a show that has already been dubbed, I'm not sure why she'd need to keep it such a secret though.

14. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

My only guess is the anime isn't announced yet in the US and knowing [as]/Toonami, they don't want to announce it too far in advance, given there's some that they'll announce ahead of time like Samurai Jack, but since it's their own series it feels like a bigger deal Jack would have that much earlier an announcement than an anime premiering on Toonami. Heck, for all we know it might not be that big of deal. Could it though? Hm.

15. Daikun

There are always deals and NDAs and other such things in the entertainment business that anyone involved in such productions have to remain hush-hush about. It seems like she can't reveal any more than mere teases until the time is right.

EDIT: Yep. Definitely an NDA.

#6255 Daikun, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  16. wonderfly

wonderfly Say yes!

That's what I'm starting to think.

I was expecting something of "Samurai Jack" levels of excitement, but what if it's just another anime of "less than important" status (something like a "Dimension W")...

17. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Anybody who entered the 20th anniversary contest last month, you may want to check your inbox. Adult Swim sent out emails to the winners last night.

(I got one, by the way. :tom:)

18. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

No ghoul tonight?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

19. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Nope. Double helping of Jojo. Ghoul will be back next week.

20. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So we'll be needing a talkback image for Attack on Titan season 2.

And speaking of - has anyone decided to handle the talkbacks for that show yet?