1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, May 26, 2012.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

[​IMG]
    Toonami
    Tune in every Saturday night @ 12a/11c!

Current schedule:
    12:00 AM - Dragon Ball Z Kai (new episodes)
    12:30 AM - Akame ga Kill! (new episodes)
    1:00 AM - Parasyte -the maxim- (new episodes)
    1:30 AM - Samurai Champloo
    2:00 AM - Naruto: Shippuden (new episodes)
    2:30 AM - One Piece (new episodes)
    3:00 AM - Kill la Kill

Previous schedules:

Important links:
    Toonami's website
    Toonami's Tumblr
    Jason DeMarco's Twitter
    Jason DeMarco's ask.fm
    Adult Swim's Twitter
    Adult Swim's Facebook page

#1 BrianLeague, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Jason DeMarco just made me sad. Sean Akins no longer works at Cartoon Network. :crying: The man has too much talent to have not found work elsewhere and I hope he's happy that Toonami returned.

3. VSigma100

VSigma100 Still Gold

Eh, I figured as much. At least we have one of the originals still working on the project though so that's good enough for me.

4. astarisborn94

astarisborn94 Member

Glad that Toonami has returned.

Never would have expected it to happen, but it finally did and I will support it whenever possible. Ratings were decent for first week, let's hope the second week is as good if not better (still kind of skeptical on it, but first weeks ratings gives me more hope).

5. gtadbzman

gtadbzman 900 Horses of Detroit Muscle

This weeks ratings should be a fair amount better since it's not a holiday weekend. I wonder if there will be any new bumps tonight. I'm sure there will be a few.

6. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I'm totally hoping you're right on this, I could have sworn that Bleach had the ability to pull in almost 1.5M viewers or 1.2M at the very least. I was also hoping that Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland would bank in at over 1M total viewers, which I'm sure they still can if they're promoted better.

Either way, the Nielson system sucks and always have. You could literally times the Nielson ratings by 4 or 5 and get the true amount of people who are truly watching since those with Nielson boxes are few and far between.

7. Raidon Makoto

Raidon Makoto Long Live The Heroes

The numbers Nielsen gives are after they perform ratings voodoo on them to determine the true amount of watchers.

8. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Sounds like some arcane magic....or a bunch of Nielsen phoohey. I don't, and never have, believe in the Nielsen system as a true way to determine absolute viewership and I find it a shame that it's been adopted as the final say by networks and the public. You would think there would be a way that if you had a digital cable box that Comcast/Charter/Adelphia/Dish/DirecTV would be able to find out what people are watching and submit those numbers to someone. But I guess not....

9. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

The Neilsen system is one of those great disasters that never seems to be of benefit to anyone.

10. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

Jason DeMarco seems to be taking requests (with no guarantees) for game reviews on his twitter.

11. The Man in Black

Posting this here since this is supposed to be the "news" thread:

Jason DeMarco has tweeted:
    Toonami faithful: Two bits of news- one, look for a new GAME REVIEW from T.O.M. this weekend!
    And two- I've been told Toonami promos will run on Adult Swim some other nights. not sure which ones and not sure WHEN it starts.

https://twitter.com/#!/Clarknova1

12. Dewfanatic95

Dewfanatic95 Member

Glad to hear that Toonami promos will actually get aired other than during the block.

13. PC!

PC! lolwut?

They're really churning out those game reviews, huh? Glad to see new weekly content besides shows.

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Will someone at Toonami finally wake up and bring on GunXSword already? Seriously, CASSHERN SINS before GunXSword? Not sure who has the GunXSword license at the moment but this show should've been on AS ages ago. Now that Toonami midnight run is basically back, it would work even better. This is an awesome show and perfect for the new Toonami.

15. BrianLeague

Adult Swim changed the name of the "action" section of videos into "Toonami shows."

16. The Man in Black

I'm not seeing this. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I still see "action"in various places.

17. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

I see the change. On the main Adult Swim Videos page, there are categories on the top, and one of them is now "Toonami shows". And they're actually uploading the episodes now... if you log in with your television provider. Hey guys, do you really think that the only people who would want to watch these shows online are the ones who can already watch them on TV? Well hopefully I can log in with a television provider that one of my friends has so I can watch them.

18. The Man in Black

I see it. So does this make Durarara!! and Kekaishi (if it's there) Toonami shows?

19. BrianLeague

Kekkaishi was removed, and I don't think Durarara!! is considered a Toonami show, since it aired before Toonami premiered, on Adult Swim Action. I think Adult Swim is just keeping there until the rights expire. The Big O is also listed there, and I think that's going to be a Toonami show, because it's eventually going to return to the schedule.

20. The Man in Black

Well Toonami Digital Arsenal has had sections for online only shows in the past :p