Toonami network in the United States?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by OtakuGirl85, Dec 3, 2013.

1. OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85 New Member

So I was reading this article on the website Nick and more about the Boomerang no longer being ad free and I was reading the pros and I feel like they could add more funding to the network to have kids be aware of classic cartoons or being more active. But then there's the cons and I think they might face complete extermination of the network any which way. I mean there's less classic cartoons and more new shows from migrated cartoon network shows, a change of identity/ brand update all those stuff that will still get rebranded by Toonami and/or Adult Swim.
    With last year's April fools prank about the Toonami network what do you think about this situation? What are your ideas on the Toonami network? Does anyone still care about these classic cartoons? And if they were get rebranded, where would they go?
    A lot of those DC comic animated shows of the 90s are now on the hub so that's out of the question. What anime shows you might see on that? What's your overall opinion?

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/cart...annel-called-toonami-replacing-boomerang.html

Boomerang Breaks Ad-Free Boundaries

2. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

I wish we had a Toonami channel in Europe, similar to Toonami Asia. And I wish that the European version aired lots of anime and game reviews.
    But still, a Toonami channel for the States could be a good idea. It could be a cross between the American block and the Asian channel, and Toonami fans can stop waiting for Saturday night!

3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

I don't think the current market has enough material to justify a Toonami network.

4. OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85 New Member

I think this is a nice idea and they got more than enough materials in the current market to justify a Toonami network. Not only you get reruns of anime like Sailor Moon, the Dragon Ball series, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star but you also get action Cartoon Network shows like Teen Titans, Generator Rex and Samurai Jack. I like the idea of having Power Puff Girls Z as example for original programming on the network as well as featuring a Adult Swim shows to broadcast on the network as well. Everything you seen on the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim Toonami will be there. Everything contests, music videos, video game reviews, a jet stream service, and network official website will be there.Lineups such as Midnight Run and Rising Sun will be there also. As well as adapting ideas from the Asian version (like fanart).

5. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

And the Pretty Cure dub could make its USA debut there!

6. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

And they're licensed by...who, exactly?

7. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Don't you think they'd need to get Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star from somewhere? And it'd cost them too.

Hate to say, but this is the exact truth.

8. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Agreed -- and if it were to ever happen, I'd hope it wouldn't be just classics, but to have new shows in place, and of course, all of them wouldn't need to be anime, but to have more American action cartoons.

Just to bring this up, if there was ever the slightest chance it could happen, put them on BOOM and keep the BoomerAction block... Toonami Network would feel more likely to happen over this anyway, but just to point it out there.

9. OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85 New Member

Ill be nice if they adapt ideas from the Asian version like fan art, make it socially charged multiplatform experience by fans for fans. Have the fans give input especially in programming. See this link for details Turner Broadcasting System Asia Launches Toonami Channel - News - Anime News Network

10. OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85 New Member

11. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

Make it happen, Turner.

12. OtakuGirl85

OtakuGirl85 New Member

Yeah most people don't like classic cartoons anymore except remakes.

13. ToonzaiFan2012

ToonzaiFan2012 New Member

That would be awesome to have a new Toonami Channel in the United States , so I can watch anime everyday,all day. Make It Happen Turner!

14. Anime-Technocrat

Anime-Technocrat www.webcomicsnation.com/jm

Ditto. We're waiting, Ted.

If I won the $500 lottery, I'd bribe Ted Turner, Sean Akins, and Gen Fukunaga myself, with a big fat $500 mill. Which is a logical assumption seeing as Turner created CN originally by purchasing the Hannah Barbera library for either hundred mills or 1 or 3 bill.

Seriously, I don't know why no one off the street of wall street or Los Angeles just steps in and throws money at these people to make it happen. If I was already rich and living in Los Angeles that is exactly what I would do, at the very least I'd make a pitch to Ted. I've bought numerous biographies on Ted Turner just to figure out how he did it, how he created CN, and that's how. He bought a library of shows and constructed a CNN like animation network broadcasting studio/office around that vision. It evolved into Cartoon Network. Williams Street, and Boomerang.

15. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

I also want see our dreams about an American Toonami channel come true.

16. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Ted's been retired for years. Try asking Stuart Snyder.

17. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Love and peace

I'd like this channel, if it were to ever come to air, to look like this:

Play action cartoons from Cartoon Network, old Toonami shows like Rurouni Kenshin (they still have the edited tapes I think), and some of their tamer current shows (Naruto, One Piece, IGPX, Big O) during the day, with the occasional G/PG rated action flick (Summer Wars, The Iron Giant, etc)

At night play some more edgy Toonami stuff (Bleach, Blue Exorcist, Space Dandy, FLCL) and some old Adult Swim Action stuff (Blue Gender, Paranoia Agent, Samurai Champloo, Durarara) as well as new shows (Baccano, Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Cowboy Bebop in HD) and PG-13/R rated action movies (Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie).

18. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Nope. Media Blasters' rights have expired, so Toonami can't air them.

However, Sony DOES hold the rights to the series in the U.S., and they have a dub of their own. Unfortunately, it's much worse than the one that MB made, so if they did get the show back, we'd have to suffer with an inferior dub.

Not happening; the show is out of print. Geneon went under and the series hasn't been relicensed since.

19. Zerogamer

Zerogamer New Member

Toonami has enough problems then being a full channel, programing isn't there there more cartoons that don't fit the Toonami brand in a network, keep Boomerang and 90 are all that cause it makes sense. Sean Akins, is no longer with cn or adult swim. Plus Toonami crew is working for free so I doubt a network for Toonami will ever exist unless someone takes Miguzi out there hand and reboots that into a network or block I can see happening. I think Toonami crew will forever work on toonami for free besides CGI, cause it simply able to keep Toonami Alive. No need for more work for free now is there?

20. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

A Toonami network sounds good in theory, but then you would have to decide what the target audience would be. Would it be aimed towards adults(18-34, 18-49) like the version on AS is? Would it be aimed towards tweens like the old Toonami was(6-11, 9-14)? Or would it be a hybrid, aiming towards kids during the day and targeting adults at night?

Also, while the initial years would be about action animation(with comedy sprinkled in), I wouldn't be surprised if they started airing live-action action shows in order to broaden the audience. As amusing as it would be seeing TOM doing the intro for Almost Human or Revolution, I'm sure other people wouldn't be happy about that.