Toonami: Line of the Night [6/10 Edition]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by veemonjosh, Jun 10, 2012.

?

Cast your vote!

1. [color=#D3D3D3][b]Tom:[/b] [br]a[/br] Submitted by Mohji [br]a[/br] [u]Tom:[/u] What's up, Toonami F

40.0%
  2. [color=#FFFF00][b]Bleach:[/b] [i]A New Enemy! The True Nature of the Sword Fiends -[/i] [br]a[/br]

6.7%
  3. [color=#FFFF00][b]Bleach:[/b] [i]A New Enemy! The True Nature of the Sword Fiends -[/i] [br]a[/br]

6.7%
  4. [color=#DC143C][b]Deadman Wonderland:[/b] [i]G Block -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by Don_East & bigdda

20.0%
  5. [color=#DC143C][b]Deadman Wonderland:[/b] [i]G Block -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by macattack & bigdd

13.3%
  6. [color=#DC143C][b]Deadman Wonderland:[/b] [i]G Block -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by AnimePWNS [br]a[/

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. [color=#00BFFF][b]Casshern Sins:[/b] [i]To the Ends of Agony -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by Captain M

33.3%
  8. [color=#00BFFF][b]Casshern Sins:[/b] [i]To the Ends of Agony -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by bigddan11

6.7%
  9. [color=#00BFFF][b]Casshern Sins:[/b] [i]To the Ends of Agony -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS

13.3%
  10. [color=#D3D3D3][b]Tom:[/b] [br]a[/br] Submitted by 3ngag3 [br]a[/br] [u]Tom:[/u] They say the devil

26.7%
  11. [color=#FF0000][b]FMA Brotherhood:[/b] [i]Ice Queen -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by bigddan11 [br]a[/b

13.3%
  12. [color=#FF0000][b]FMA Brotherhood:[/b] [i]Ice Queen -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS [br]a[/b

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. [color=#00FF00][b]GitS: SAC 2nd Gig:[/b] [i]Chain Reaction -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. [color=#FFA500][b]Cowboy Bebop:[/b] [i]Mushroom Samba -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS [br]a[

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. [color=#FFA500][b]Cowboy Bebop:[/b] [i]Mushroom Samba -[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS [br]a[

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Yes, as you may notice, bigddan11 and I will be switching off Line of the Night duties from week to week. We feel this will reduce the workload on both our parts and provide more variety.

So, if you're new to the experience, post your favorite quotes from the Toonami shows and bumpers. I'll choose one to three quotes from each show (TOM bumpers count as a "show" in this instance), and then make a poll around Wednesday night. Quotes won't be accepted from scenes from episodes that have already aired on Toonami, or from TOM bumpers that have already aired.

Now, as was once said by a wise sorcerer: "Let the fun begin, Majin Buu!"

2. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

"You're a butthead."- Shiro, Deadman Wonderland

3. Captain Maverick

Captain Maverick New Member

all i do is Eat $#%# and Sleep-Akos Casshern Sins

4. Mohji

Mohji Member

"Time to push the button." - TOM

5. macattack

macattack I see you!

Actually you got the quote wrong. It's "You're a BIG STUPIDHEAD!" :sweat:

6. SRB2Unleashed

SRB2Unleashed Dragon Ball obsessed

7. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

Deadman Wonderland:

"Did she just kick a damn robot?!" -Yo

8. 3ngag3

3ngag3 New Member

"They say the devil is in the details. But Blizzard says, that dude needs an ass whoopin'."- TOM during the Diablo 3 review

9. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

I waited until Monday night/ Tuesday morning before posting lines so no one can claim they didn't have a chance to submit. I'm posting the lines as the episodes finish, so this will be edited a few times tonight.

Bleach "A New Enemy! The True Nature of the Sword Fiends" (though I think it would be Sword Beasts in the dubbed version)

Keigo: Hey, what's up Ichigo? Is it you sensing something that can't be seen by humans? Like the undead?
    Ichigo: Could be. You're dead, right.
    Keigo: Aah! I know nothing about this. I don't wanna see or know about anything that can't be seen.
    Ichigo: Ok. It looks like I've hit a nerve.

Rangiku: Well, the portable gegai's working out fabulously and Orohime's clothes seem to fit you really well. Just one thing. (Slides down shirt zipper) There. Right. That's much better.
    Haineko: I agree.
    Rangiku: Super!

Deadman Wonderland "G Block"
    Tamaki: Haha! Yesterday was a work of art. It's not my fault the sheep can't see beyond their blinders. Can I help it if I'm a visionary?

The full quote is this:
    Ganta: Shiro, get us out of here.
    Shiro: You're a butthead.
    Ganta: Aah! What's gotten into you, huh?

You're full quote is slightly off.
    Shiro: Dummy! You ARE a BIG STUPIDHEAD!

Casshern Sins "To the Ends of Agony"

Casshern: Don't get involved with me or you'll die.
    Akos: What? No hello? You think you're the grim reaper or something? Hey, wait! I was just taken aback when you said I would die. That's all. Grim Reaper just slipped out. Didn't mean to offend. Are you hearing me? I'm just trying to keep the lines of communication open. So, where are you going? Got some business around here?
    Casshern: I told you, BACK OFF!

Akos: I sympathisize with you robots. I mean, you don't get to eat or drink. More than anything, you don't get to enjoy the pleasures of a woman. I can't imagine that.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    "Ice Queen"

Buccaneer: It's no use doc. I can't get this thing off.
    Al: Hey, my head!

Doc:
    That'll be 100 zens.
    Ed: (Spittakes) Seriously? It wasn't even that good a cup of coffee.
    Doc: This is the North. Get used to it.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
    "Chain Reaction"

Cowboy Bebop "Mushroom Samba"

animePWNS probably supplied the best quotes for the night from these shows, but I wouldn't have submited more than 2 from Bebop. The poll can only have 15 choices, and when you calculate it (3 from premieres and 2 from each rerun), you get 15 exactly. When you have a situation like this where you only have 1 from GitS: SAC 2nd Gig, Tom can take one of those spots, but that's still 15 exactly. Not to mention that you need some lines to submit next time the episode runs again (even if it wouldn't be for 6 1/2 months).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  10. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

Spoilered to save space.

11. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Poll is up!

I might experiment more with the colors next time, but thankfully nothing went wrong.