Toon Zone Talkback - "Wild Grinders": Amateur Hour

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Ed Liu, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Ed Liu

Ed Liu Grumpy Gorilla

This is the talkback thread for "Wild Grinders": Amateur Hour.

Is it bad that my first thought when I saw this show was of Poochie from The Simpsons? Sounds like I was more correct than I thought. Then again, that gag is now 14 years old, so maybe the institutional memory of TV writers just isn't that long.

2. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

Actually, the show is so amateurish that I'm not even sure "TV writers" got within breathing distance of the scripts.

It's like an Ed Wood movie. Everything is so painfully off that disbelief never even gets established before it's broken.

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Yeah, the trailers looked very terrible, so I'm not surprised by the outcome. Really, Nicktoons? And you were doing so well quality wise, too...

4. firecrouch

firecrouch A Pimp of Science!

It's like a return to American cartoon industry mentality of the '80s in a way.

Maybe if this bombs Nicktoons will be more careful about picking quality show rather than what's "cool" and "hip"

5. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    ...And people beat up on people like me for liking Kick Buttowski, despite all its faults... At least that show feels like a freakin' cartoon!!

I could tell from just looking at the concept art that this is a regime trying to recapture everything wrong with 80's animation in general - specifically the fact that it feels like a toy commercial put out by a committee whose only goal is to rip people off!

I know for a fact Rocket Power is far better than this noise - and Rocket Power isn't my cup of tea at all!

..And for the record, I haven't even seen this show. But I'm still going to put it through crap for being just as bad as it looks and sounds in execution, considering this comes off as Rocket Power Lite - created to appeal to what's hip and cool, rather than be something worth remembering as a contribution to this dying Western animation industry...!

6. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

I had a chance to see this yesterday, but as interesting as it looked, I guess it just didn't click for me.

I can't really explain why. I'll try again next week, but I may not hang on to it soon.

7. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

I don't even know how Rob Dyrdek and crew got this to be a TV show. I thought it was relegated to Kabillion forever...