1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toon Zone Talkback -Toon Disney to Become Disney XD in Feb. 2009 to Snare Boys 6-14

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by simpsonsfan, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

New Mickey shorts probably wouldn't do well with the Mouse in his current dimensions, which was the nob of my gist. Mickey started out as a rebel, a trouble maker, and he could be one again, if Disney would only allow him to loosen up. If Mickey and the Gang are to successfully take on the likes of SpongeBob, they would need to be revamped and updated for a 21st century audience. Unfortunately, that just isn't where the Disney execs' heads are at right now. Animation has taken a backseat to action shows and live action kidcoms.

2. Jtaylor1

Jtaylor1 Not 9000! It Burns!

You got that right. It's a world without cartoons and people are getting what they wished for. Anime and cartoons will no longer exist in the near future. I bet sometime in 2009, CN is going to become nothing but an all live-action kids network. I would call it "Turner Kids Network".

Sorry for being overreacted, but anime and cartoons are becoming less popular.

All I got to say is forget Disney.

#262 Jtaylor1, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  3. Goldstar Neo

Ah, no, that's definitely not going to happen. It amazes me how people are still predicting that Cartoon Network is on the verge of going to go all live action when the only live action currently running on CN are the Fried Dynamite wraparounds the live action movies airing on The Flicks. However, it is true that 24 hour animation channels are on the decline at the moment.

4. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

...I'm sorry but, I find find that impossible. Bring proof of that happing anytime son, and then I'll (and possibly a good chunk of Toon Zone) will talk about it. ;)

5. Jtaylor1

(Holding a picket sign) "Say NO to Live-Action".

6. Racattack!Force

You can handle 4 1/2 hours (movies and wraparounds) of live-action per week.

7. chdr

chdr Active Member

Stop. Just stop. You're being overly paranoid and silly. Please stop while you're behind and realize that there is no world conspiracy to destroy animation. Cartoons will keep chugging on like they've always had for years to come. 99.9% of the stuff you keep talking about will never happen, or at least in the course of a little over a year.

8. DCU Bat

DCU Bat Member

Only way I see that happening is if they made a Kingdom Hearts series or something along the lines of "Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine" were Mickey was all badass, I can imagine something like that selling in a channel like this.

Wasn't Mouse works and House of Mouse just that? Mickey and the Gang in the 21st century?

Now concerning Disney XD (Somehow I feel DX would've been a better acronym), I tried digesting the whole news and seen both the positive and negative feedback.

One thing that seems very obvious is that Disney is trying become Nickelodeon 2.0 and They've gotten closer to that by recruiting Nick's very own Eric Coleman (who used to organise properties like Spongebob and Avatar) as Senior Vice President to oversee Disney's TV animation.

This is good in a way, that means Disney might be taking action on improving their tv Animation line-up and a young-male oriented channel like this might mean more Action-orented shows ala Avatar.

What I DON'T like about this is the same reason above, Disney trying to be like ANOTHER channel. Why would I want to watch Batman, Superman & Ironman when I can watch them on another channel like CW or Ytv? What about the years of Disney's home grown content?

Anyway, I'll just gonna wait and see if this could bring about another golden age in TV animation like Disney Afternoon or another elitist club like every other channel.

9. Jtaylor1

R.I.P.

Toon Disney

April 18, 1998-February 2009

10. Racattack!Force

Do you guys think that Toon Disney will have a finale message like Toonami did? :confused:

11. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

What will Disney XD's lineup be like? Will Gargoyles, Spider-Man TAS and other Jetix shows stay? YOu all know my dream of Fox grabbing Jetix. Is it possible?

12. Goldstar Neo

I don't see Disney letting Jetix go anytime soon, regardless what they're calling the channel now.

If FOX wants another shot as a Fox Kids Channel, they don't need to have Jetix in order to do it.

13. Spideyzilla

No, but it's their best bet.

14. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Probably not. Doesn't sound like Disney's style to do so. anyway, who would do the signoff? Toon Disney doesn't have an official mascot, unless you count the little silver Jetix guy, and he doesn't talk. Who else is there?

Somehow I don't think Mickey Mouse saying, "'Til we meet again, stay gold. Bang." would carry the same impact. :sweat:

15. Racattack!Force

That actually makes me laugh. :lol:

16. Joe

Joe Active Member

I don't agree. His original shorts worked the best when he was a likeable everyman thrown into relatively large-scale adventures and giving and taking beatings from Peg-leg Pete. Once the studio started putting Mickey in more suburban settings with little more than his Chaplin-esque charm to pull him through rather than the rough and tumble settings of his 30s cartoons he really started to lose his edge.

I do agree that it would be hard to pull the character out of the pre-school rut he's been in lately, though.

17. tb4000

tb4000 Active Member

That's why I will always like Donald better.

I guess that little Jetix logo can do the Dance Dance Revolution thing he does on occasion to commerorate the ending.

18. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

And after Toon Disney becomes Disney XD: Will it stop airing real commercials and air promos and shorts during commercial breaks like Disney Channel does? Toon Disney started like that in 1998.

19. Goldstar Neo

No. The commercials are here to stay.

20. Spideyzilla

Good.