1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toon Zone Talkback - "Looney Tunes Super-Stars": Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote: Supergenius Hijinks C

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by SB20xx, Jan 26, 2011.

1. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

Likewise! Walter Greene's music score is great, and I also enjoyed his Pink Panther scores (particularly the one that debuted on "Rock-a-Bye Pinky") and some of his Walter Lantz scores (like the Chilly Willy cartoon "Chiller Diller.")

2. Uncle Scrooge

Uncle Scrooge Member

I have this but not watched it yet. Shame "Zoom at he top" and "Soup or Sonic" are not in it but any NEW looney tunes are better than none (Despite what the wingers on amazon say)

3. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

That DVD would have made sense if they released it AFTER another one with the rest of Chuck Jones's shorts.

I have no idea what's on WB's mind lately.'

And for the soundtrack, I personally prefer Greene over Lava, but that's not entirely the problem. Those Larriva shorts were done very cheaply, because TVs wanted more cartoons, it feels almost like limited animation. They had to be on DVD at some point (especially The Solid Tin Coyote which looks bad on TV prints), but other shorts definitely had to have priority.

Sugar and Spies was a great short though, even if I like Rushing Roulette more. I honestly don't mind McKimson's later work. All the good Daffy & Speedy shorts were directed by him.

4. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

Yeah, most people prefer the Chuck Jones shorts (as do I), so it makes me wonder why they haven't done another DVD with those ones yet. "Hip-Hip Hurry", "Hot-Rod and Reel", "Wild About Hurry", "Fastest with the Mostest", "Hopalong Casulaty" "Lickety-Splat", "Zoom at the Top", "Zip Zip Hooray" and "Road Runner a Go-Go" all still need DVD releases.

5. Uncle Scrooge

Uncle Scrooge Member

Watched this last night. I'm interested what people think of the newer stuff like Wizard of Ow, Coyote Falls etc. I quite liked them. Only one I wasn't keen on was Little Go Beep, thought it was an interesting explantion/ continuity as to why the Coyote never talks. So does this mean by the time he meets Bugs he has caught him?

6. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

To be honest, I don't really care for the more modern Wile E. Coyote & Road Runner shorts. I prefer the classic ones.