1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toon Zone Talkback - Kids WB To Give Looney Tunes Extreme Makeover

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by adoptedBatpuppy, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

"TF" is that this promo was made before a single cel of animation had been completed. That's why what little animation you see that isn't borrowed from other shows (such as Batman, as you noticed) is simple Flash animation. They just tweaked the model sheet poses to make them somewhat animated. One presumes that the actual production will be fully animated. I can't imagine even WB doing something with the WB name on it in Flash; they leave that for stuff under the Cartoon Network banner.

Also, in response to the "questions for the Trembley Bros" post: I've been told that the Trembley Bros. were not asked to do this project; it was their idea that they designed and pitched to WB themselves.

2. Ben

Ben Wise Fool

Ouweleen's joined the fray now, eh? I hope he doesn't get in trouble with TW for that.

3. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

Eh. I'd bet they took what he said out of context. Though I salute his bravery if they didn't.

Funnier seeing the Disney guy mix it up ...

4. tigerrunner

tigerrunner Conveniently not dead

Yeah, isn't that a stupid idea anyway? I mean, considering their relationship, if Loonatics does well on Kids WB there's a really good chance it'll show up on Cartoon Network. So it seems like he'll justbe shooting himself in the foot with remarks like that.

As for Loonatics itself, I'll give it a shot- it certainly is unique enough to garner my attention. I just hope it doesn't royally suck.

5. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

On the lighter side of things, a new Flash cartoon mocking Loonatics has been making the rounds on the Internet. The video can be viewed [URL REMOVED].

WARNING: The cartoon contains mature themes and beeped language.

6. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

Agreed. This is definately a bad idea. [​IMG] is not [​IMG] .

7. Auggie Doggie

Auggie Doggie Timmy Turner

"Humor"? (Bursts out into laughter) Yeah, that's a farce!

Seriously, the only way for the idea to work is for the characters to stay the way they are and then go into fits of action in a satirical sense. They do not need to get a "Teen Titans"-style makeover. (That makes no sense.)

8. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Two people started a petition to ban Loonatics from the airwaves.

SaveOurLooneyTunes.com

It'll probably never work (since online petitions never really work), but the story behind it is quite shocking: The people who built and started this website/petition are ELEVEN YEARS OLD. :eek:

9. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

I don't think the online petitions will work, either. (E-mail can be deleted or dismissed as Spam.) If these two fine young men took all that time and effort to make their website, they can surely take the time to sit down, grab a piece of paper, and write a strong letter of protest to "Warner Bothers." (Hey Kids, it's just like writing a letter to Grandma or Santa Claus, or those cute little "love notes" you pass down to the cute girl a few seats above you. And you write it in plain, simple, ENGLISH, none of that IM speak you kids use on your cellphones! And surely you can give up that 25-cent Little Debbie snack cake or a couple of Laffy Taffys just for one day to buy a postage stamp!)

Then, they tell a friend at school to do the same, and that friend tells a friend, and that friend tells a friend, etc. They could get their whole entire class to write letters of protest, the whole school.

True, they'll be risking the wrath of every cyberbully on the Internet (they're probably dropping a few "Your petition s*cks!" in their website's e-mail right now), but it'll be worth it.

10. Jon Hanson

Jon Hanson Mr. Misery

Thing is there is no way sending letters will matter in this situation, all that will matter is the ratings, so the only real way to get rid of this show is to stop any Nelson families you know from watching the show. No matter how many people hate the show that won't amtter as long as enough people like the show to keep it on the air.

11. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

According to Cartoon Brew, it appears that WB has changed Buzz's name. His name is now Ace.

12. Zechs

Zechs Rabbit in a box

They've hit a now low IMO this look like nothing but utter crap. I like the old bugs why couldn't they bring him and the the old gang back and put them in some new cartoons. Instead we get bugs and the gang hopped up on crack, speed and LSD. This is a dark day for animation indeed.

13. ToxicOne

ToxicOne Is feeling creative

If the show survives long enough, could you imagine a redesinged Marvin the Martian? :shudder:

14. Zechs

Zechs Rabbit in a box

I don't even wanna think about it.

15. Jasmine_G.

Jasmine_G. Your'e Dethpicable!

Quick! Everyone go to [link removed] and sign the petition! We can beat this thing! A lot can happen between now and fall!

" This Is Dethpicable! " :daffy:

16. Swonker

Swonker Member

True, a lot can happen between now and fall, which means Warner Bros. might find a way to make this work right. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really behind this show, but I think you should wait until it comes out before you decide that it needs to be taken off the air.

17. rhudson765

rhudson765 Member

There's just one problem with your arguement.......

The Batman sucks!

18. swarlock

swarlock Member

Well, The Loonatics will be getting a makeover because an 11 year old kid made a difference.

Never mess around with a formula that works. :D :D :D

19. mjg0503

mjg0503 Member

Why don't they just come out with some new Looney Tunes shorts? That would be cool. This is reatarded. It is a perfect example of "how to take a classic tv show and screw it up".

20. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I think this is old enough to be considered outdated news. Discuss Loonatics at the talkbacks in General Animation Board.

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.