Toon Zone Talkback - FUNimation Entertainment to Release "Sgt. Frog" Season Three

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Sarada, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

2. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

This is great that they're dubbing more SGT Frog. I thought it didn't sell quite well enough to warrant more episodes. Now if only they could announce One Piece Season 4...

3. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

Awesome! This is the second series that Funi had put on hiatus and seems to be continuing (the first being Shin-chan). I second the One Piece remark.

O-chan

4. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Yes! I was fairly certain Season 2 was going to be the series' last hurrah in America. Funny, I figured FUNi would wait and see how well the full-season sets sold before coming to a decision on that. Hopefully it will continue to increase in popularity so we'll see the series going for a while to come.

5. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Unlikely Hero

Only one word could express how I feel and what I said when I found out about this:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Thank you, Funi! Thank you, God! Thank you, EVERYONE who made this possible! I'm SO glad that this EPIC show is continuing and that I get to experience more adventures of my friends in the A.R.M.P.I.T. Platoon. With just two seasons, this show has already become my favorite anime series and one of my favorite SHOWS period! Rest assured, I'll be pre-ordering this the SECOND it goes up and loving every minute of it! I can't friggin' WAIT to see my favorite frogs get into more wacky situations! Man, a friggin' TRAIN could hit me now and I wouldn't care! All I know is, MORE SGT. FROG!!!! :D:D:D

Oh, and MORE KULULU!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

*Breathes*

Alright, now that I got that out of my system, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  6. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

OKAY! It is time to buy Season 2 Pt. 2. I didn't want to buy any more and not have a chance of getting the rest, but this changes things a lot!

7. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Moderator Reporter

Must say, I didn't see this coming given the cloudy outlook that the show had for so long. Now it's up to fans to vote with their wallet.

The show's kooky dub and the kookier frogs have made me laugh, so I'm in for more. :)

Thirded. I think it's fair to say that One Piece has a bigger & louder fanbase than Sgt. Frog, so this news is an encouraging sign in my book....

8. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

This is true, so yah if Sgt Frog fans words can reach Funimation than season 4 of One Piece should be coming soon :D

9. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

I do have a soft spot for Haberkorn's Keroro and Huber's Kululu, and it's good to see my buying all 4 sets was not for naught. And yes, let's hope One Piece follows suit.

10. Butterstar

Butterstar Bring Sakura back to the US!

GO SGT. FROG! I love watching the show with my little sister and we're currently on the second season so she'll be excited for the third season. :D

11. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

I'm game for more FUNi dubbed SGT. Frog. I thought it was a pretty clever little dub. Now I'll be sure to buy Season 3 when it comes out. Hopefully, since IIRC, I think the anime is finishing up in Japan, I wonder if FUNi will get around to dubbing every episode.

12. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Yeah, I just read that the anime is having it's series finale on March 26th after 356 episodes. So when FUNi releases season 3, they'll be roughly 1/5 through the series.

13. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

It also costs a few arms and legs more than Sgt. Frog. ;)

The series is really just going on hiatus like Gintama did. It will return in Japan.

14. Sgt.Frog

Sgt.Frog New Member

I had a feeling, that Sgt.Frog would make the cut and it did :)

15. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Fantastic! I was really starting to worry about Keroro. Glad it still has a future on DVD here.

16. TailsRocket

TailsRocket New Member

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!

Sgt. Frog lives!!!! Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
  17. ReijiAzuma

ReijiAzuma Gah, cuteness! My weakness!

YES YES YES! This news just made my day!

Hopefully whenever they start recording Chuck will have recovered enough so that he can come back. Kululu just wouldn't be the same without him. Case in point: Todd's version before he was cast as Keroro.

Though I wouldn't mind if they dubbed one or all of the movies.

18. HellCat

HellCat Totally A Stupid Fair Maiden! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I'm kind of surprised by this, partly because my personal interest in Keroro has basically died in the last year (I'm looking to sell the first 16 or so manga volumes, should anyone be interested). The root cause of my lack of interest leads me to wonder what FUNi's plan is. Keroro is a show without a plot, a loosely connected set of gag episodes with no real end in sight. Surely at some point you'd just have to call it quits anyway?

Regardless, good news for the many who waited for this and for the many who got into it via FUNimation's release. I've said before their handling of it wasn't my cup of tea but it's always nice when something feared lost comes back.

19. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

Hmm, so does this mean that sales picked up, the price went down post-cancellation, or that there's finally a TV deal worked out?

Really hoping it's the third option. Yesterday I screened the first episode as part of the children's program at Boskone, the convention I run the video programming at, and the kids and their parents were all laughing their butts off. Nick, please pick this up ASAP.

20. KarlOlson

KarlOlson Art Imitates Life Moderator Reporter

Maybe they were able to show enough footage proving young crowds dug to prospective buyers to get some one in, but I really think it's also a bit FUNi negotiation skill/tactic as well. A little twist of the arm/threat of dropping the title might have gone a long way.