Toon Zone Talkback - "CatDog" Season 1 Part 2: Bad Cat, Bad Dog

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Lenny128, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Lenny128

Lenny128 Likes Cartoons

This is the talkback thread for "CatDog" Season 1 Part 2: Bad Cat, Bad Dog.

I loved this show when I was younger, looking back at it now well... this is my opinion. If your seeing the show for the first time check out season 2 and up. It may only be a tad better then season 1 but to me it's at least watchable.

2. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

I also really enjoyed the show as a kid and I don't really remember finding anything wrong with it. I'd have to watch it again, but I remember I found the exaggerated plots really funny like with the action figures and when Cat entered in that race in Alaska.

3. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"

Like I said a couple of times, CatDog for me represents the end of the "Good Nicktoons" era. If it wasn't for the first three seasons of Spongebob and Zim, I really wouldn't have looked back.

4. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Catdog was a pretty good show, I felt. Not fantastic like many other Nicktoons of that era, but far from bad.

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I've been rewatching some CatDog episodes through On Demand recently. I don't think it's that bad, but I never thought it was that funny either. The last few episodes I've seen haven't been that great, mostly due to the issue of Cat getting punished too much when his behavior doesn't warrant it and then getting away with little punishment when he does deserve it, but it's basically an okay show. I still really dislike Winslow's character and there were times where I wish that they just kicked him out of their house.

6. FriendlyMushroom

FriendlyMushroom Knight of Sidonia

Wow. I was a little kid when this aired, and I barely watched it, but upon seeing the pictures it instantly sprang to mind that Cat's voice in my memory sounded like Jim Cummings. I thought my memory was playing a trick on me, but I read further down and...Cat was voiced by Jim Cummings.

I guess Jim's voice is that darn distinctive, that I remember it when there's barely any memory of it at all.

7. Lenny128

Lenny128 Likes Cartoons

That's one of the few things I didn't like about the show. There were even times were dog practically lures cat into getting hurt because of dogs doings. I don't really like cat more then dog, but there are times were when I see cat caught in a greaser pounding cloud and dog safely outside of it picture dog with a grin and demon horns. I just think cat is a "jinksed" kind of character.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  8. PC!

PC! lolwut?

And ironically, on the rare occasions that Cat actually deserves to be pounded into the ground, he gets off scot free. That was such a huge issue with the show that it really brought it down the Nicktoon ranks in my eyes.

That's why I loved that one episode where they're at a monster truck rally and Cat singlehandedly takes out every single character who has ever wronged him. The show's crowning moment of awesome, to be sure.