Toon Zone Talkback - Cartoon Network Upfront 2012 Coverage

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Sketch, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

This is the talkback thread for Cartoon Network Upfront 2012 Coverage.

I guess I get to kick this off.

A new Lego project was given with the success of NinjaGo but a Nick Cannon sketch comedy series was quite unexpected.

Not surprisingly we've heard of most of the rest of the new shows.

2. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

Nailed it! Expect another LEGO series (here's hoping for more good ratings and more shows).

A Nick Cannon comedy sketch series... maybe they cancelled MAD or want this to air with it.
    UPDATE 5:23: It's live action, but I don't find that to be a big problem. Sounds cool.

Can't wait for more updates! :)

UPDATE 5:21: Cartoon Network just posted a few tweets about the Upfront.

@CartoonNetwork announces global roll out of its new online racing game #FormulaCartoon #Upfronts

#LevelUp gets season 2, #AdventureTime, #RegularShow,#Gumball, #MAD, #LooneyTunes return with new episodes@CartoonNetwork #Upfronts

@AnnoyingOrange coming to series this summer @CartoonNetwork#Upfronts

DreamWorks Dragons: The Series #JayBaruchel #AmericaFerrera#ChristopherMitzPlasse return @CartoonNetwork #Upfronts#CNDragon @DWAnimation

Ben10: Omniverse brand-new series from the international phenom#Ben10. New character design, new aliens this fall@CartoonNetwork #Upfronts

New live-action, half-hour, kids sketch comedy show from@NickCannon @CartoonNetwork #Upfronts

Off huge success of #Ninjago, new partnership with @LEGO for second series @CartoonNetwork #Upfronts

Beware The Batman, new @DC_Nation CG/animated series from WB Animation for @CartoonNetwork #Upfronts #Batman

#CloneWars to return for 5th season on @CartoonNetwork #Upfronts@StarWars

I'll post my final reactions later and continue updating when more news comes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
  3. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

So far, no surprises. Or shall I say, no good surprises? Assuming it is live action, a Nick Cannon comedy sketch show? Really CN? I give it two months. Keep feeding the money pit that is live action.

4. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

Yup, it's live action. And Level Up is returning for a 2nd season too...

5. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

Wow, totally missed that. This upfront gets better and better. I hope something awesome happens that makes me forget about this stuff.

6. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Why do they keep trying with this live-action? It'd almist be alright if they didn't use 90% of their promotion on it.

7. cuzin34

cuzin34 @AsapCuzin

8. Sketch

Very likely it's last season because the ratings have seen quite a decline but maybe that can turn around if they give it a good premiere slot when it returns.

9. WMania

Time for my second thoughts.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @CartoonNetwork announces global roll out of its new online racing game #FormulaCartoon #Upfronts

I hope the rollout includes Macs too, which couldn't be able to download the game.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #LevelUp gets season 2, #AdventureTime, #RegularShow,#Gumball, #MAD, #LooneyTunes return with new episodes@CartoonNetwork #Upfronts

No Johnny Test mentioned. Probably the biggest surprise. Then again, Level Up being renewed is a big surprise too.
    More news on action shows soon, hopefully. Not many big announcements or stuff I was surprised or wrong about.
    Apparently, Pendleton Ward is playing the Adventure Timetheme on ukulele backed by 38 piece orchestra. Sounds nice.

10. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Not much in the way of news, but I've noticed a distinct lack of Hall of Game promotion. They opened last year's upfront with it, but none of the twitter feeds I've been following mentioned it. Intriguing.

11. TAS257

TAS257 New Member

Wait, so no one else is reprising their roles? That is a bit surprising, seeing as though Kristen Wiig has been a bit active in TV series lately I would have thought she'd be in this one. It's also a little disapointing that none of the other characters could come back for this show as it would be nice to have one Dreamworks Series to have most of the voice actors come back for the TV series. I was also hoping we would have Craig Ferguson come back, as he was one of my favroute in the movies. Oh well, we can't win them all.

TAS257

12. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

Well its because its not 6:00pm (at eastern time) yet, in will, But Cartoon Network will announce more eventually til its up. And more info will tell. and besides, its a bit short to CN. Maybe its just some teasers for what to announce early, and more surprises will be confirmed.

13. Sketch

One can hope they realized it doesn't mesh with the rest of their network at all. Not even with the live-action projects.

14. The Huntsman

There is a character limit on twitter. Let's wait for the press release.

15. Brad12

Brad12 New Member

It's almost 6! That means (from what i learned earlier on another thread) that upfronts almost over. hopefully by then we'll have all the information we need.

16. The Huntsman

It's been over. They don't always adhere to strict schedules. We just have to wait for the press releases.

17. mordecai321

mordecai321 New Member

Why isn't MAD in the returning series column. I guess the bad ratings have proven they will maybe cancel it. Also, the Nick Cannon sketch comedy think better be good and not suck like So Random. Also, The Problem Solverz is still producing new episodes according to their Facebook, but I guess CN will just post them on their website and not air them (which makes me sad)....

EDIT: Wait, MAD will be getting a third season then. I felt it has been decreasing already so I didn't care much if it was cancelled. Also, no new Johnny Test is cool to me.

EDIT (Again): Whoop, JT is returning. Which isn't cool to me...but is to whoever likes it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
  18. WMania

Toonzone has updated the coverage.

Returning Series:
    Adventure Time
    Regular Show
    The Amazing World of Gumball
    The Looney Tunes Show
    Ninjago
    Level Up
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Young Justice
    Johnny Test
    Pokémon
    Green Lantern: The Animated Series
    Almost Naked Animals
    Casper's Scare School
    Hero 108
    Scaredy Squirrel
    Sidekick

Casper's Scare School? Scaredy Squirrel? Hero 108? Sidekick? Big surprises. Didn't expect those.

Johnny Test being renewed is kinda surprising.

I somewhat expected Almost Naked Animals to be renewed, but I kinda didn't.

Finally: No Generator Rex, Problem Solverz, SMFA... Wow.

I'll post more of my thoughts once the press release comes out.

19. The Huntsman

An oversight. Cartoon Network tweeted that MAD is returning.

20. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

*sigh* No Scooby-Doo or Xiaolin Showdown...