1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toon Zone Talkback - Bugs Bunny Getting Live Action/CG Film Treatment

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Nexonius, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Philmister978

Philmister978 Alvight, you vin

Yes, in fact most of Disney's Studio Ghibli dubs follow under the same route with voice actors (Well known actors for the leads and professional VA's for the minor characters or additional voices, with an ocasional execption or two)

Also Steamboy made use with a professional voice actress in a lead role alongside celebrities, and with the Rugrats, Transformers, GI Joe and any other movie based upon an animated TV show (Pokemon, The Simpsons), you're certain to have the original cast to reprise the roles they played in the show proper. Also the 2007 Ten Commandments film also shows this, as does Bionicle: The Legend Reborn.

And Pixar is well known for putting professional VA's into fairly major roles at times too.

2. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

If that happens then I can state in all certainly that this movie will suck twice as hard as I already think it's going to. As good a job as current voice overs have been doing voicing Bugs Bunny the consensus has always been that no one was better than Blanc. But the idea that even the guys who have been voicing the character for the past 20+ years might be replaced by a celebrity sickens me in a way I never thought was possible. I hope this never happens.

And if it does Warner Brothers can just drop dead.

3. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

Jim Cummings isn't that surprising, he's in almost every single 2D animated movie for Disney since the 90's. Not to mention several shows on Tv

4. Philmister978

Philmister978 Alvight, you vin

Amen to that Darth.

Yes, that is quite true. He's rather overlooked however. He wasn't even listed in Small Soldiers (He played Ocula). And neither my aunt or uncle know that it was Cummings that voiced Ed in the Lion King (If I told them, they'd look at me funny, so I kept my mouth shut when they asked)

5. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

I owe this thread a picture expressing my reaction, so here it is.

[​IMG]

6. Thad Komorowski

Thad Komorowski undecided

I think Billy West, who can do a great Bugs if directed well, is one of the few VAs who arguably has some celebrity status. AFAIK, he's been the highest paid VA who doesn't work on The Simpsons for years.

7. GatorMan92

GatorMan92 Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .

[​IMG]

Why WB? WHY?

8. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

And by the way, WB: please let the message in this image remain true after the movie is released:
    [​IMG]
    Do not let this message become outdated!

9. CrazyChase

CrazyChase isn't crazy, just confused

You know, I hate this idea as much as the next guy, but these posts aren't helping anything either.

I mean, why use anime reaction pictures to express hatred for Hollywood ruining classic cartoons...again?

10. Bloody Marquis

Bloody Marquis Quite smashing, eh?

Since when were Facehuggers, The Master, Spencer, Ralph Wiggum, some guy from a webcomic, Luigi, army soldiers, Al Roker, a guy from GI Joe, the rage meme, and et cetera anime?

It's just our way of showing disapproval.

11. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

My post was from Woodie Woodpecker a "Barber of Seville" Definately not anime