Toon Zone Talkback - Anime Boston 2012: Sentai Filmworks/Section 23 Announces 3 New Simulcasts

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by River26, Apr 8, 2012.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

Series of Licsenes by Sentai Filmworks - Persona 4, Kids on the Slope & Mysterious Girlfriend X

From ANN

"The North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks confirmed with ANN that it announced at its Anime Boston panel on Saturday that it has acquired the streaming and home video rights to the Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) and the Mysterious Girlfriend X television anime series. Sentai Filmworks will stream both series on The Anime Network and on Hulu 31 days after they stream on Crunchyroll.

The media distribution website Crunchyroll previously announced last week that it would be streaming both series in various countries outside of Japan as they air.

Sentai Filmworks also confirmed that it will be using the English dub cast from the original Persona 4 PlayStation 2 game for its English dub of the Persona 4 The Animation television anime series. The company will release the series on DVD and Blu-ray later this year."

Article
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...dds-kids-on-the-slope-mysterious-girlfriend-x

2. Rob_TF

Rob_TF New Member

Retaining the original dub cast from the Persona 4 game makes me hopeful they'll all be available for Atlus's localisation of P4Arena.

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

4. River26

River26 Active Member

5. Mr. Anime

Mr. Anime Active Member

I'm not surprised that Kids on the Slope was picked up for home video this fast. You just have to look at the staff credits to notice how the advertising writes itself. If the words Cowboy Bebop don't appear in any promotional capacity relating to this series, I will eat a hat.

6. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be

Shh god, they got merged. I think I know why the articles didn't pop up on the front page. oops. >_<

7. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Haha oh jeez, Mysterious Girlfriend X is probably the anime I'm least likely to watch this season. But whatever, more Crunchyroll simulcasts with Sentai home video rights attached right off the bat; I'm always in favor of that.

Now Kids on the Slope is some news that I can really get excited about. This is easily one of my most anticipated series in quite a while, thanks almost entirely to its creative staff and their previous accomplishments especially when collaborating not to mention the amount of time since this particular director has directed a series. And now I get to watch it simulcast on Crunchyroll, and Sentai already has the rights to release it on home media. Hopefully that includes Blu-ray, which would also include a dub. This is something that I'd really think they'd go straight for the full treatment for.