Toon Disney Memories Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Eek!Swimmer1623, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Eek!Swimmer1623

What did you guys think of Toon Disney and what memories did you have with the channel?

Personally, I loved Toon Disney. There were a lot of shows I liked on there. Personally, I wasn't into shows like Kim Possible, Dave the Barbarian, Pepper Ann, and shows like those, but I mainly watched the channel for stuff like The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Phineas and Ferb, Recess, House of Mouse, Goof Troop, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Timon and Pumbaa, and TaleSpin. Also, the movies they played on there were awesome like Fox and the Hound, An Extremely Goofy Movie, and Toy Story. I also did watch Jetix, though it was mostly for Pinky and the Brain. While I didn't get to watch stuff like Gummi Bears, DuckTales, and others until I watched them on the Internet after Toon Disney went defunct, I did get exposed to some of the classics. I loved this channel as a huge Disney buff. The fact that it had so much Disney animation on there was gold. This really did feel like the Disney equivalant of Cartoon Network. I honestly never really loved Nicktoons Network because while it had great shows, the packaging and bumpers were not really that good honestly and didn't have that grand feel of Toon Disney and Cartoon Network honestly. While I do miss Toon Disney, I actually do like Disney XD a lot for shows like Star vs. The Forces of Evil and DuckTales 2017, plus past stuff like Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder

2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I got the channel in the fall of 2001 when I was in the sixth grade. I enjoyed watching Disney Afternoon shows that I haven't seen in several years. I also got hooked on Pepper Ann as reruns first came on the channel at the time. I have fond memories of watching it along with Doug (even though I don't like the show) during dinner time. I stopped watching it when Jetix took over. I really miss the channel. I wish it was still around so that stuff like Duck Tales 2017 and Gravity Falls can come on.