1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Vol. 2 Delayed Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by SB20xx, Feb 5, 2013.

1. ClassicTVMan1981

I wish they would just leave those two shorts off... they should remain in the vault. Perhaps this bit of controversy is why, at least for now, they're taking a break from releasing classic animation-related DVDs.

~Ben

2. NewBogus :)

NewBogus :) Plastic Duck Saves the World

I have no idea, is that true but Overstock U.S. will release T&JGC2 in censored form - that's why WB can't release that package with Mouse Cleaning and Casanova Cat - both were replaced by Puppy Tale and Posse Cat, also remastered.

3. Riddler

Riddler Active Member

So has there been any kind of update on this any time recently? Will it ever get released?

4. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Don't hold your breath.

EDIT: I went ahead and re-titled this thread to avoid confusion.

5. Riddler

Riddler Active Member

Bummer! :(

I just bought the Vol. 1 set (while it has been discounted to $17.99 on Amazon) and was blown away by how beautiful it looks on blu-ray! I was sad to hear about the status of Vol. 2.... hard to believe they are sitting on a completed set and might never release it!

6. NewBogus :)

We all know, that WB won't release T&JGC2 cartoons, but here's the comparision between the prints of "Texas Tom, 1950" (reissued vs ."Cruise Cat" segment):
    [​IMG]

7. Uncle Scrooge

Uncle Scrooge Member

It wouldn't surprise me this got pulled due to the negative reaction of the fans.

Fair enough two cartoons were being left off (and there’s no reason they could be put ona “From the vault” feature with a free lecture from someone at the start) but the 95% bad reviews on Amazon before the thing had been released is enough to ensure poor sales from casual buyers and therefore not worth spending money on releasing.

As much as people blame WB for pulling this they did it themselves.

Running a business there is no point releasing something that no one is going to buy and with reviews saying “Warning do not buy” etc on them I’m not surprised.

It’s a shame as I would have bought it regardless. It was called “the Golden collection” not “the complete collection”. Sometimes I wish Amazon etc would disable reviews until items are released.

8. NewBogus :)

Unofficially, I saw few shorts f.e. "Just Ducky" released (remastered) as a part of T&J iTunes release. ~30 GC2 shorts are unofficially released via Internet in Germany, and "Jerry's Diary", "Little Quacker" and "The Framed Cat" were released via Google Play US.

9. Uncle Scrooge

Uncle Scrooge Member

I watched Mouse Clearing at the weekend and saw little wrong with it. I found the short were Tom is mercilessly bullied by 3 cats while dressed as a baby to be far worse than 10 seconds of coal on his face.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. NewBogus :)

You mean "Baby Puss, 1943". Hah, an proto-Elmyra moment without her face. :D

11. BritBrick

BritBrick Member

[​IMG]
    I thought, like, corporations liked money.