1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Vol. 2 Delayed Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by SB20xx, Feb 5, 2013.

1. THGhost

THGhost Member

2. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

If a higher up doesn't want those two cartoons on blu-ray/DVD it's not going to happen. An online petition isn't going to do a thing. Those terrible Amazon reviews spoke volumes about how people feel, and it's STILL not going to happen.

3. THGhost

THGhost Member

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. :p It worked for Animaniacs volume 4.

#43 THGhost, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  4. DarthGonzo

What did a petition? You know that how?

5. THGhost

THGhost Member

Cos there were loads of them. They definitely played a part.

It appears that WB are releasing the Censored Eleven - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censored_Eleven#Official_release - If they're wanting to release those, why not release Mouse Cleaning and Casanova Cat? They're barely racist in comparison.

Answer this please, DarthGonzo. Sig: "You name a movie, I've seen it."

How about Voyage dans la Lune?

#45 THGhost, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  6. DarthGonzo

That's an assumption.

WB isn't "releasing" the Censored Eleven. In fact, they have no plans for any new Looney Tunes releases for quite a while. The wiki article you linked to states that restoration work has been done, but doesn't say a thing about a definite release.

7. THGhost

THGhost Member

You're just in argumentative mode today aren't you? :rolleyes: It's not an assumption, it's a fact. It was released due to popular demand.
    Jerry Beck has said that the Censored Eleven are ready for release. The fact that they've bothered means that they're going to. End of, the fact that you're disputing both of these things is absurd. :p Go troll on someone else's news.

This thread is pretty much dead now, full of comments saying the same thing - "it makes no sense not to include them", "this set is intended for adult collectors", "the set is worthless to collectors without these 2 shorts". Blah blah blah. Until we have a firm release date and confirmation as to whether or not the 2 shorts will or will not be included there's really no point in posting here anymore. :p

8. ClassicTVMan1981

This news makes me re-assert the ABBA reunion comparison... two different things that are "never going to happen," meaning "it's simply not true" and "almost as a joke--nothing more than that."

It's as though Warner Legal spoke to Jerry Beck and gave him a stern telling off, asking him "not to make such ridiculous suggestions anymore."

~Ben

9. THGhost

THGhost Member

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I can imagine WB saying, "Jerry Beck said what!?" Doesn't explain why they've hired him back as a consultant though, they must still like him a little.

10. ClassicTVMan1981

I still hope they can release this and the Censored 11 stuff, though... never say never!

~Ben

11. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

The fact that Beck was kept on as consultant is at least a silver lining to all this; if WB was really giving up on classic animation releases, they'd probably have just said, "Yeah, we don't need you anymore."

That said, Jerry doesn't have the power to say what gets released and what doesn't. Sadly.

12. ClassicTVMan1981

Which I hope not... I hope they don't say "we're so sick and tired of it; and besides, we've seen it many times before."

~Ben

13. THGhost

THGhost Member

If only, eh? :p

14. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Ha! A couple articles have surfaced about the controversy. The irony is delicious; WB pulled these shorts to avoid bad PR, but they're now getting bad PR for omitting them.

David Lambert of TVShowsOnDVD.com sums it up nicely:

15. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

So basically, their not wanting to look bad has made them look bad. That's freakin' hilarious!

16. iptumcea

iptumcea Member

Not much activity here lately;Time for a bump!

17. ClassicTVMan1981

Did the Classic Animation division just hit rock bottom? What'll WHE do to save it from complete collapse? Will they write off millions over unsold LT DVD/BR inventory and start cutting the price of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Box (which contains all six volumes originally released from 2003-08)?

If any of the future DVDs they put out from their Classic Animation division sell, the problem is, however, that most of those DVD sales will be to dedicated fans like us, and not to the general public. If it can't sell any new Looney Tunes DVDs and enlighten new fans, what will its future be?

~Ben

18. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

Hope they release it soon. :-/

19. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Eh, regardless if both shorts are added or not, I'll get it anyway. Should they be released in another set later for whatever reason, then okay. I just want to add-on to the collection and be 1 release closer to the finish of the HB cartoons (the originals, not the later ones)

It'd be really nice if they were added, though, since it'll have been a 14-month wait since the release of Vol. 1

20. lorrieclaudia

lorrieclaudia New Member

Does not look like April fool's joke. can't wait to get my hand on that copy once released.