1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Vol. 2 Delayed Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by SB20xx, Feb 5, 2013.

1. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

After over a year of waiting, we finally have a release date for the next installment of Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection. It's slated for 6/11/13 and should have the last short of 1948 and everything from 1949 through 1953.

Can't wait!

2. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

I've only watched maybe 1 from the first set, but either way, I will get this when it comes out. This means only 35 more to go and the HB collection will be complete!

I have all of CJ's collection. While to me, not the best, there's some that I do enjoy. Just GD's 13 shorts idc for, so if there's ever a release for them, I wont get.

3. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Sorry, I didn't see this thread here, but I just posted one under the Blu-ray and DVD Discussion section: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/blu-...golden-collection-volume-two.html#post4085057

Anyway...

The Tom & Jerry Golden Collection - Volume Two Blu-ray and DVD has been announced for release on June 11th.

Source: Tom and Jerry DVD news: Announcement for Tom and Jerry - Golden Collection Volume 2 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

BUT it seems that two shorts, "Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat", are missing from the released list of 42 sequential shorts announced. This is causing quite a justifiable uproar amongst collectors and fans who want, and were promised, these collections complete. From what I understand, Jerry Beck confirmed that these shorts were to be included, but now it seems WB has gotten cold feet and pulled them.

Please make your voice heard to WB that you want these shorts.

Here are some other sites on the topic:

Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection Volume Two Blu-ray

http://www.facebook.com/WBClassicAnimation

4. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

5. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

That said, Tom and Jerry DVD's are not unknown for censorship, omissions and other maladies.

I have it on good authority that those two cartoons really AREN'T up for inclusion. It would be a good idea to lean on Warner and let them know that they should be on there.

6. Bat-Fan Beyond

According to Cartoon Brew's facebook page, Jerry Beck says that he can't make a public statement about this Tom and Jerry collection -- BUT he does say that WB "can" fix it! We just need to make our voices heard!

source:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/14828751350/

EDITED to add:

From Jerry Beck:

Source: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=7111703&postcount=57

#6 Bat-Fan Beyond, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

So that wasn't an error after all? Oy. Well, I will be sending an email to WB in the next few days.

Remember: WB reversed its decision to feature only cropped widescreen cartoons on the Looney Tunes Super-Stars releases, so it's not impossible for our voices to be heard.

8. Bat-Fan Beyond

I'm really surprised there's not more people discussing this here on ToonZone. Where are all the classic Tom and Jerry fans?

I can only hope that the silence here is because our forum members are voicing their opinions elsewhere and just feel it's too redundant to post everywhere (hmmm?). If that is the case, I want to give my personal thanks as fan to you for doing your part, but I also have to suggest that you don't restrict your postings to just one forum or soapbox. Cross-pollinate your words of displeasure with Warner Brothers all over the internet, on as many sites as possible. One never knows when a WB representative may see it and gets that push he or she needs to do what needs to be done about releasing this collection the way it should be released -- complete and uncensored.

Here is my posted review on Amazon.com: Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection 2 [Blu-ray]: Clarence Nash, Joseph Barbera, William Hanna, Fred Quimby: Movies & TV

9. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Here's what I sent to WB:

10. Bat-Fan Beyond

11. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

So yeah, despite fan complaints, WB has no intention on putting these two shorts on the set:
    LAME.

12. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Warning: the following response contains graphic depictions of nerd rage. If you are easily offended by rants like this, don't click the spoiler tag.

13. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Jerry Beck will be on Stu's Show this Wednesday at 7 PM/6 central. I'll be interested to see if he has any more news on this.

14. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

(via Stu's Show)

So I'm glad that Warner Home Video is well aware of fan feedback and is just as mad as we are. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like we should give our hopes up for a last minute addition of these two cartoons to the release. :(

15. Miroku4444

Miroku4444 Guest

Do you think the removed episodes could appear on the bonus features? I'm glad i didn't throw away my VHS copies of these episodes. lol

16. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

(NOT April Fool's Day shenanigans)

It appears vol. 2 has been delayed. This could mean any number of things, but hopefully it means that WB is reconsidering its decision to omit the two shorts. (crosses fingers)

17. Bat-Fan Beyond

"Postponed" doesn't necessarily mean "cancelled," so it sounds like good news to me.

Unfortunately, we may now have to wait until close-to-Christmas for it to be released. Maybe it'll coincide with the release of the Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Vol. 3.

18. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

Warner has no other reason at all to postpone this set; the restoration work is done, the bonuses and liner notes have been created, the cover art has been finalized. As it is, the set is pretty much done and ready for mass-production. Plus, postponing the set means having to retract their press release and all the publicity materials they've already sent out.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

19. Miroku4444

Miroku4444 Guest

This is not a April fools joke is it? Amazon still says June 11. If not this could be awesome news.

20. Angilasman

Angilasman Active Member

Potentially awesome news!