1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom and Jerry: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by BeanoMaster, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I can imagine this concept actually doing much better as a Looney Tunes skit than a movie, after all the Looney Tunes do set their characters more better in these.

• Like Like x 3
  2. the_joker

the_joker Active Member

Out of curiosity, how are the Tom and Jerry DTV movies in general?

3. Action!

Action! Active Member

Is it me or is the show is running out of ideas?

4. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

Hey, there's a great idea for a Looney Tunes direct-to-video movie! They could do various segments parodying popular Warner-owned movies. I also came up with an idea where they could do something like "Muppet Classic Theater," with a movie comprised of separate newly-animated segments featuring the Tunes adapting fairy tales and classic stories they haven't done yet in the classic shorts.

But besides that, who else bets the Nostalgia Critic is going to do a video about this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frank Coufal

Frank Coufal Member

Well, it's pretty obvious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Or conversely, they just don't care about originality and want to make a quick buck.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

The Nostalgia Critic recently reviewed the movie. While I find it a guilty pleasure, his ripping the movie apart is really hilarious. Also, a lot of people have put up their own reviews on deviantart and youtube.

8. wiley207

Ha! I KNEW the Nostalgia Critic was going to do a video about this movie! And it was so funny!
    It also saved me the trouble of watching the real thing. I can safely say that J.P. Karliak is now Gene Wilder. First he begins to take over classic Looney Tunes characters, and now this. He'll probably soon replace Jeff Bergman as their go-to guy for providing "classic" voices. (And Jeff's Droopy voice was kind of weak here, too.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. wiley207

Oh yes. But I find Sander Schwartz to be worse than Sam Register, as he was pretty much responsible for WBA becoming a bad animation studio, redirecting them to do more serious and realistic cartoons (mostly action/superhero ones).
    And I will agree that "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated" was MUCH better-written and better-animated than "The Looney Tunes Show." They got their A-list writers (including former "Animaniacs" writers) and the better animators (like Lotto Animation) and sound editors (DigiPost.TV) to work on it, while dumping TLTS with the improv writers from the Groundlings, and with Rough Draft Korea doing animation and Audio Circus/Advantage Audio doing sound editing (hence Treg Brown sound effects being in SD:MI, and H-B sound FX being in TLTS).
    They're screwing up with the sound, too, like "Wabbit/New Looney Tunes" using many repetitive Hanna-Barbera sound effects instead of the classic WB/Treg Brown effects, while "Be Cool Scooby-Doo" has nearly NO H-B sound FX at all. If anything, the new Looney Tunes stuff should have DigiPost.TV doing the sound editing, as they seem to have complete access to the classic WB sound library (including some effects not included on Sound Ideas's Warner sound FX CD set, like the full Taz spinning effect.) DigiPost.TV used to be called Monterey Post, and they worked on Animaniacs, Tiny Toons and the "Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Remember: It could've been worse.
    OH GOD WHY.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. cristian12345678

new looney tunes season 2:

daffy duck will appear as recurring character
    the roadrunner returns
    silvester,tweety and granny will appear
    pepe le pew will appear
    elmer fudd will appear
    marvin the martian will appear
    forgorn lehorn will have his own episodes

• Like Like x 1
  12. Copaci

Copaci A Cartoon and Logos Fan

OFF: Didn't you like The Emoji Movie? I hope I will soon see the movie when it will come in Romania.

13. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I haven't seen it yet.

14. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

I don't see what the appeal is in these random crossovers WB has been making lately with Tom and Jerry inserted in classic films or Hanna Barbera characters meeting wrestlers. But I guess they make a lot of money since they keep making so many of them.

15. wiley207

Exactly! I imagine Sam Register must be like this:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Sam Register is to blame, at least not entirely. Maybe someone higher up than him is asking for more of those movies. Plus, regardless of critical reception, they make tins of money, and kids, the target audience, seem to love them

17. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

How can kids even like this shovelware crap?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

You guys are angry, but Phineas and Ferb's crossover with Star Wars is basically the exact same concept :D

19. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Well Phineas and Ferb & Star Wars were both popular franchises so people were probably more forgiving of that crossover

But Spider-man and Jessie?

That never should have happened!

Disney WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. copper20

copper20 Member

Tom and Jerry Meet Indiana Jones - coming in 2021!!! See Jerry fight nazis (or at least some rip-offs of them), hijacks a truck, runs from a boulder, and burn snakes! Watch as Tom chases Jerry all over in Cairo and in a U-Boat dock!

I'm serious I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that to captivate on the 40th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark, one of the best films ever made.

Or how about Tom and Jerry in The Empire Strikes Back? Watch as Jerry sabotages an imperial walker, helps Luke get to Dagobah, and get chased by Tom in Bespin! I'm surprised they haven't done Star Wars yet.

• Funny Funny x 1