To anyone who has read the Sozin's comet book...

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by catlove390, May 10, 2008.

1. catlove390

catlove390 New Member

Well, I have found out that a few people have actually read that book now..I had ordered mine, got a reply from Amazon that mine would be shipped Monday, (since I guess Amazon does not ship on Weekends....:shrug: ) Anyway, if anyone here has actually read this already, I would really appreciate it if somebody would PM me and tell me who won the shipping war...that was really honestly all I watched the show for...that may seem stupid or silly, but it really isn't to ME....**SIGH** I just do not mind at ALL being spoiled about THAT...So, if there is someone who actually HAS read the book already, and if they could PM me telling me who ended up with whom, because THAT at least is driving me CRAZY, I would be really grateful. :) And believe me, if someone did tell me, I would NOT tell anyone else...I really do not belong to any other forums, anyway..not even Avatarspirit.net. **SIGH**Well, here's hoping someone will tell me...Thanking in advance, and being truly grateful.....:) Oh, and by the way, I am not requesting this because I want OTHERS to be spoiled about this one thing...just ME...that's why I requested that someone who has read this can tell me via PM..that's all...

Cat

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
  2. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

If what I've read is true, it's an extremely predictable/standard ending. You should be able to figure out who pairs up with who just by knowing that.

3. catlove390

catlove390 New Member

**SIGH** well, I just don't KNOW.:confused: :confused: I'm kind of ripping my hair out at this moment because GOD, I WANNA KNOW IF KATARA ENDED UP WITH GOOD OL' AANG!!!:confused: **SIGH** Well, as I have said, this thread is only for people who already HAVE read the book ....and SURELY SOMEBODY will be a kindred spirit and a friend and PM me with the answer...NOT TO REVEAL IT HERE though, because there might be some people who might NOT want that revealed, but dammit I DO!!!!!:sweat: :sweat: Sorry sorry...:eek: :eek: .I'm just so IMPATIENT when it comes to this thing! Please tell me, someone who has read it..I would be MORE than grateful, and I will NOT spill the beans...you can trust me on that. ;)

Cat

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

I haven't read the book but after what Gryph said, and using logic (which shippers lack), I'm gonna say that's a big yes.

5. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

somebody who read it PM me and tell me everything that happens, or at least what happens involving Zuko.

6. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 New Member

The book is one of those kiddie novels that leave out large portions of stuff. Alot of what's actually in the show will most likely be different from what's in the book.

7. catlove390

catlove390 New Member

Did you actually read it? :confused:

Cat

8. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

if you did i want details.

9. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

Especially since it's done in a bunch of POVs.

10. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 New Member

Also noteworthy is things are outright left out. Aang spends time on a "spiritiual island", but not much is revealed about what happens there (Koh anyone?) The Ursa thing is brought up but not talked about in the book, but the way it sounds makes it obvious there is something more to it in the actual finale. Not to mention the fates of Ozai and Azula left unresolved...

11. Bakasama

Bakasama New Member

I've read two or three accounts of said spoilers. They're kind of vague in general but what happened to end the war seems rather final to me. The whining and fanwank has been expected for some time.

12. PC!

PC! lolwut?

So, are we gonna get some juicy spoilers in this topic, or what? :p

13. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 New Member

It's amusing to me since, as I said, the spoilers don't really give a clear picture on how this is going to turn out animated and there are obvious events left out of the book due to the way it's structured (Fast-shifting POVS). I mean, who's to say Azula and/or Ozai lives, the scene in the book shifts right after they are defeated, their fates not told. The only thing I got out of it for sure is "There's a happy ending" (one in which Iroh lives, thank goodness!)

Ah, fandom. So overblown. :p

14. Bakasama

Bakasama New Member

Well what happened with Ozai is rather unexpected and it's a very good reason to fear the Avatar.

Some parts of the fandom have not taken the ending well or "get it". I know there's an essay on DA about the spoilers being fake. I've even seen complaints that the creators are crappy storytellers. Right..., many authors aren't obligated to write stories dictated by rabid fans. They write the way they feel what's best for their stories.

15. catlove390

catlove390 New Member

Okay..I have just finished Reading my copy of Sozin's comet, and I have to say, I think it is good. I have to say, I have read EVERY Disney movie novelization (as well as some non Disney...) Known..and I think, what some people have to realize, is that READING and SEEING the story or stories are two TOTALLY different things. I always buy the books before the movies because I for one actually LIKE spoiling myself....:shrug: what can I say? I'm sorry. But will I still see the movies after I read the novelizations? Of COURSE! Same thing goes for this Avatar TV movie as well. And I have to say that there WILL be more things that happen, as well as MORE things SAID in this Avatar movie than what was just in this book....trust me. :)

Spoilers...........
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /Turning back point........
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

/
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /Okay you asked for it...
    /Well, I am sorry, Zutarians, but Kataang wins. As does Maiko. However, the book was very vague about Sukka. But Suki IS in the Finale. And in this interview with the creators, they said THIS..

Q: There were several allusions to Katara being Zuko's girlfriend throughout Season Three. Aside from Uncle Iroh, she seemed to be the first person to see the potential good in Zuko. Was there ever a spark between the two? Was there ever a point which you thought they would end up together?

M: Sorry to disappoint the "Zutara" fans out there, but we never intended for Zuko and Katara to get together. Maybe we're just sentimental, but we always had a soft spot in our hearts for "Kataang".
    B: Zuko and Katara might have shared some sparks, but sometimes there are people along your "journey of love" who are there to teach you about yourself and what you really need, but don't necessarily end up being your partner. Come on, kids! "Zutara" never would have lasted! It was just dark and intriguing.

I also do NOT know why some people are whining that the book is FAKE, and the interview is not even real! WHAT???? How could an INTERVIEW, at least, be fake????? That's just the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! I am sorry, but I am getting kind of pissed over how some poeple are whining because Zutara is not going to happen. It is Mike and Bryan's story, not anybody else's! **SIGH** I guess some people just need to grow up instead of blaming the CREATORS?!?!?!?!?!? Since the show didn't go their way? Sheesh!

16. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

You could lie about the interview ever taking place. :sweat: But there is no problem for me with Kataang winning. :shrug:

17. catlove390

catlove390 New Member

Well, see that's what some certain Zutarians think..the interview is not real..I just find that a little childish and stupid. :shrug: And that interview was IN the book, not online. Although some of that interview might be online for spoilers elsewhere.

Cat

18. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Can someone put in a spoiler box what happens to ozai and azula?

I`m glad at least if it isn`t zutara it's Maiko. I just don`t like kataang, at least at that point in their lives. it's so wierd to see her kiss a kid who hasn`t hit puberty. XD

This is goign to be just like Harry Potter, when The 6th book came out with Harry & Ginny instead of Hermione, all of these people who followed the books religiously so long now suddenly started hating them and calling it trash clearly because their ship didn`t win.

I`m glad I`m not a sore loser like that, and it seems from what you`re saying, some zutarans are if that's the reason why they say the writers are bad.

19. catlove390

catlove390 New Member

Yeah, silly, isn't it? :rolleyes: And it's also UNBELIEVABLE that some people are saying that the writers are bad just because they ARE sore losers because their ship didn't win...It's Mike and Bryan's show, not anybody else's. Anyway, that's great that YOU are not a sore loser. Good for you!

Cat

20. Bakasama

Bakasama New Member

Well, ship wars in the Avatar fandom are pretty bad. It lead some people to drop out of the fandom because they had it with ship bashers and fan wank.

Many zutara shippers didn't take the spoilers very well and one fan even wrote an essay on DA about how the spoilers were fake.