1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TMNT Talkback "Turtles Forever" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Ian, Nov 21, 2009.

?

"Turtles Forever" is a love letter to fans. How much do you love it back?

1. Five stars

97 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. Four stars

28 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Three stars

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Two stars

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. One star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I want to banish it to Dimension X with the Technodrome.

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. gobo

gobo Member

Considering the 4Kids stream has half a minute of credits and several spots of dead air (presumably where commercial breaks were spliced in), it's more like seven to seven and a half minutes of added footage. They do add a bit more reason to the plot, but it mostly just enhances the overall epicness of the film. So, including the credits, the uncut version of this movie was ~80 minutes long.

And, for the record, all versions of Turtles Forever (uncut, televised feature and episodic presentation) were widescreen. The 4kids streams aren't letterboxed either.

2. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Something I wanted to post earlier, but just got around to doing today. The big critique for the movie stems from what appears to be the distain for the 80s cast and show.

The view is understandable, so I thought it be good to list any moments that gave the character their due. Ones that come to mind:
    - While the Dimension X technology was ineffective, it was still able to aid with the plans made by 2003 Shredder.
    - The mutagen also strengthened his men.
    - The portal used by both Turtles team was made by 1987 Donatello.
    - The 2003 Turtles state that being in the sewer with the 1987 Splinter felt right.
    - It was Bebop and Rocksteady who defeated 2003 Shredder.

Any others that I missed?

3. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

That sounds about right, but it's easy to see the 88 'verse was portrayed as being useful despite its incompetence, compared to the 2K3 'verse just being useful.

4. rattis1

rattis1 Active Member

Exploding ninja stars ("told you they'd come in handy!").