1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TMNT Talkback "Turtles Forever" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Ian, Nov 21, 2009.

?

"Turtles Forever" is a love letter to fans. How much do you love it back?

1. Five stars

97 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. Four stars

28 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Three stars

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Two stars

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. One star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I want to banish it to Dimension X with the Technodrome.

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Ian

Ian ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

[​IMG]

Previously, on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: After months of trawling cyberspace, the turtles manage to restore Master Splinter—just in time for Casey and April’s wedding, a celebration involving some of the turtles’ closest friends. Before the couple can tie the knot, however, The Cyber Shredder and his forces crash the party in his latest attempt to kill the turtles. He does not succeed. Casey and April tie the knot.

Previously, on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: A mission to steal an anti-mutagen ray from the Technodrome turns complicated, as Krang uses his new body to attack the turtles! However, thanks to Donny’s new Turtle Blimp, the tides quickly turn, and the Technodrome is banished to Dimension X.

Previously, on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: After defeating the Purple Dragons gang, Splinter tells his sons about the death of Hamato Yoshi at the hands of Oroku Saki, a.k.a. The Shredder, and how it indirectly led to their creation. He then gives them their lives’ mission, which the turtles carry out: Avenge Master Yoshi: kill Oroku Saki.

Previously, in real life: On a lark, comic book enthusiasts Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird create and publish a comic about four anthropomorphic adolescent terrapin martial artists. Unexpectedly, it becomes a huge hit, kick-starting a multi-million dollar franchise now on its 25th year and changing their lives forever.

Now: Searching for an advantage over the turtles, Krang and Shredder (a.k.a. “Uncle Phil”) venture to a parallel Earth—let’s call it Earth-03—to recruit Saki’s counterpart, a familiar Utrom stranded in an icy asteroid. However they were not alone: the turtles of their Earth have also made the trip with them! Now, the two set of turtles must team-up to stop two Shredders, the Foot Clan, mutants, mobile battle fortresses, and save the very fabric of the multiverse.

Written by: Rob David, Matthew Drdek, and Lloyd Goldfine
    Directed by: Roy Burdine and Lloyd Goldfine
    Starring: Sisterniklaas, Abbey, Grayson, Regal, and more.
    Original air-date: November 21, 2009

Synopsis:
    The classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the 1980's are back with a new adventure set in the present day with the Turtles of the 21st Century! There's more Ninja Turtles than ever before – so many that we could only fit them in a movie-sized event! This ninja tag-team extraordinaire begins when the new the gigantic, evil, and terrifying Technodrome (a giant mobile battle station from the original 1988 TMNT animated series) suddenly appears in our world, carrying with it the original 1988 series Ninja Turtles. Our world's Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo find themselves with a huge mystery to solve and four crazy Turtles to babysit! Can the Turtles of the past and the Turtles of the present stop annoying each other long enough to prevent all of time and space from unraveling? It's a must-see special event for the millions of Turtles fans everywhere that journeys across multiple dimensions, full of twists, turns, and more Ninja Turtles than you’ve ever seen before.

Comments!

Related Threads:
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Series Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)" Series Talkbacks (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III Talkback (Spoilers)
    -TMNT Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 - Full Color Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Volume One: Heroes In A Half-Shell Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Collected Book: Volume One Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

#1 Ian, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  2. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Hmm... I don't think this takes place right after the 5 episode pilot of the 80s cartoon. It COULD take place just about any time after that I suppose... though they do refer to them as the 88 characters.

I'm soooooo excited. Just 7 hours away for me!

3. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Well, you got the talkback. Congrats, man!

4. ThePRPD

ThePRPD The one with the nose.

This is going to be great! I'm getting excited!

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

25 years of Ninja Turtles. Never thought I'd see the franchise last this long. This movie is the series finale to most of the TMNT universes as the franchise is re-booted for Nick in 2012.

I sure hope they go out with a bang.

6. Ian

Ian ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

Which is why I said "previously on", instead of "last time" ;) -- season 1 is the only thing we know definitively happened in its entirety, so it's what I'm counting as my baseline.

7. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

This film was really great. This is the first time that I can't hate my CW station for airing it early.

8. JetfirmusPrime

JetfirmusPrime Chibi M

9. mariofan62

mariofan62 Can't wait for Arkumn Asylum 2

The movie is good so far, but 4kids did one part wrong. In the movie, the 1988 turtles didn't hide their identity in daylight, but in the 1988 cartoon, the turtles did.

10. Dub

Dub BOB-OMB!

Holy crap... Hun is Slash.

11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Mikey is right; How can you not love these guys?

12. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Who's Slash?

13. JetfirmusPrime

JetfirmusPrime Chibi M

[​IMG]

#13 JetfirmusPrime, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  14. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Ugh... DirectTV fails. It lists TF thrity minutes after it actually aired. I just missed the first ten minutes.

15. Dub

Dub BOB-OMB!

He was the evil turtle on the 80's cartoon. He didn't appear that often. His color was black, he had pointed teeth, spikes on his arm and kneepads and always had a mad on for his "binky" - a palm tree. He was dumb as a brick (like most of the campy 80's characters) but also something of a powerhouse.

They seem to have gone and turned Hun (via the mutagen) into a darker 2K3 interpretation of him. Sort of an indirect callback I think.

16. Rahxepy

Rahxepy Active Member

YESSSSSS!!!!!! The TMNT Movie Villains. Also Bebop and Rocksteady!!!! This movie is giving everything to me. loving it so far. :D

17. ThePRPD

ThePRPD The one with the nose.

I loved it when the 80s Turtles broke the fourth wall and the 2k3 characters looked so lost.

80s Shredder is so powerless.

18. kaine23

kaine23 Gurren Brigade member

This is great so far.

19. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

Wow, you know your Turtles. *chuckle*

20. polkadotjewel

polkadotjewel No Rain, Can't Get the Rainbow

I haven't watched the Turtles series in years (though I've read about some key points and all of that), but I'm excited to watch this :D