TMNT: Fast Forward Talkback: Episode 1.24: "The Cosmic Completist" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by J'onn J'onzz, Oct 13, 2007.

1. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 1.24: The Cosmic Completist
    Original Air Date: October 13, 2007
    Written by: James Felder

Previously on Fast Forward: During an attack on Cody's penthouse, Bizarro Leo, to the surprise of everyone, saves Cody's life! Now on the mend in Cody's appartment, Odranoel gets more than he bargained for.

Previously on Fast Forward: The turtles get caught up in a battle between the Inuwashi Gunjin and a galactic collector who wants to capture them.

2. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

An okay episode, but kind of a disappointment considering how cool the title sounded. Of course it's about time they did a parody episode like this, considering 4Kids and 'collecting' properties.

3. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

When did the Inuwashi Gunjin get a ship??? I thought they just flew through space.

The episode itself was so-so. However, I just can't help but feel like I was watching a filler. Besides, this episode seemed to act like an episode out of the old Turtles toon.

By the way, nice Pokemon parody reference. :)

4. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

This episode is pretty much a parody of 4kids' properties itself.

Yeah, pretty much a stand-alone episode that at least brings some closure to the Inuwashi Gunjin. Nothing special about it but it was decently entertaining.

Only 2 episodes of Fast Forward left!

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

This guy is like an ultra lame version of Lobo. XD

6. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

You know, the hilarious thing about this episode is that Mucha Lucha did this EXACT SAME plot in one episode (a space collector kidnapped the students so he could put them in a collection of wrestlers that were frozed in toy-like form inside boxes).

7. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

...You mean the Preserver character from the STAS 2-parter?

And of course, Simpsons also already did this concept years ago in a Halloween short with Comic Book Guy and Lucy Lawless.

Next week does seem to be the Day of Awakening episode, for those who are still wondering about airing order.

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Interesting, I guess the idea of tacking on an "alternate ending" to the last episode was scraped. I'm glad for that, we don't need to see a rush-job done to get the Turtles sent home, I'd rather the entire first episode of the next season wrap that up.

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Powerpuff Girls
    tackled this premise too in the short "Collect Her". The only difference was that the collector was just an obsessed nerd, not a being from outer space.

10. DrTooth

DrTooth New Member

A Collector based episode is almost as common as brain switching or shrinking. There are some other examples, but I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Anyone else think that the Pokemon bit was just a big F you to Nintendo for not letting them dub it anymore? Also.... Johnny Test, which I watched directly after it was also a Pokemon parody.

11. asphaltviking64

asphaltviking64 High Inquisitor of soup

Woah? There was a pokemon bit? Yeah, this entire episode was horrible. I want more Starlee that space smurf!

12. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

We sadly won't see more of her unless she gets a cameo during the beginning of season 7.

13. DrTooth

DrTooth New Member

Am I the only one who thinks Starlee was a tacked on Female character? I wish Venus DiMilo appeared this little.

14. Shredder565

Shredder565 New Member

Yep, with this one season of Fast Forward, that's all she really is. Otherwise, it'd be a boys only show.

Too bad, Starlee was a fun character....Wondering what the designers where drinking when they gave her that constant roller skate on feet design, though :). Neatest mode of transportation for a character ever :).