1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

TMNT: Back to the Sewers Pre-talkback

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by PC!, Jun 6, 2008.

1. PC!

PC! lolwut?

That preview was all kinds of awesomesauce. It seems to capture the best elements of Fast Forward and the good elements of 1-5. I can't wait.

BTW, you can view the preview without the extra stuff at the blog.

2. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

Lookin' good! But I'm not really digging that new line they jammed into the song; it just didn't mesh well to me, the older one was a better fit. Ah, well.

3. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

I watched about the first 10 seconds of that and stopped, too many spoilers. I can wait a week. :D

Is there any chance 4kids can increase the order of this season to 26 eps as we go on? Didn't something happen like that to the new Spiderman cartoon? It was originally going to have 13 eps and then Sony (?) increased the order to 26?

4. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Except in Spidey's case, it caused the second batch of 13 to have to wait until an entire year later to air.

So if they do increase the order to 26, the next 13 would be season eight.

5. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

There's a chance Season 8 could be 26 episodes. I mean, they'd be able to start right away instead of pining over the premise for months and months, and they could use the same character models again. I think this season's 13-episode length is mainly because of the shortened production time.

Anyway, that preview was awesome. The animation was great, so fluid. I was really iffy about it from that commercial a few weeks ago, but after seeing a full clip, it looked really nice, better than Fast Forward definitely.

The season looks like a hybrid of Fast Forward with the earlier seasons, and that's just fine with me.

6. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Yeah, this is what I meant. I'm hoping Season 8 can be 26 episodes since now they've decided on the direction, don't have to redesign all the characters again, so the production time is cut in half, isn't it?

I know this is sounding greedy, but after the first four seasons as well as FF had 26 episode seasons its a bit rough to go down to 13.

Hopefully now that TMNT is also on the CW it will get better ratings. I have no delusions of TMNT becoming as popular as it was back in the 80's again, I know that would never happen, but I want to see TMNT become popular with kids again.

By the end of Season 7 the show will have 156 total episodes by my count, I'm still hoping they can make it past the original cartoons 193 episode count. :D

7. Ian

Ian ¬°Mierda santa! ¬°Ninjas!

Not quite: the absent Nightmares Recycled brings the total down to 155.

In any case, I would also like to see a 26-episode season 8--if, of course, that the writers have enough stories to fill it.

As for the preview, I have to say that I really like the part of the "opening" with all the flying Foot Ninja--it's easily my favorite part of the whole video.

8. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

Felt like it's been forever since I've posted, but that preview of BttS looks great. Just realized, though - if TMNT's landed on CW4Kids, that means I won't actually get to watch it in Canada, since I could never get the ol' KidsWB here. Is that how it works? Confused now :p

And season 8 should be a full 26-episodes, now that the formats been decided. I can't see them wanting to retool yet again after these 13 run their course. Do we know if they'll just air the 13 straight through like they used to, or will they following the KidsWB trend of airing 4, break for 2 months, air 2, etc.

9. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Yep, that's how it works. Seems like Canadian viewers are out of luck...unless you can access the 4Kids online video player. They usually upload the episode the Monday after it premieres (or in some cases, the Thursday before it premieres on TV).

10. NightwingAngelo

I'm in Canada and I still get CW. Unless CW4kids is a different channel altogether, I should still be able to see this show.

11. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Hmm...must be different situations for different parts of Canada. I know Undrave (who's in Quebec) and Dark Fact don't get a CW affiliate.

12. NightwingAngelo

I live in Gatineau but in my area I get a lot of feed from the Ottawa Valley.

Either way I'm between/in Quebec and Ontario area. :confused:

Maybe it's their service provider. I'm with Starchoice right now and get lots of different feeds (most of them I actually don't want).

For instance, YTV East and West. I already knew I was going to miss the premiere of Wolverine and the X-men (7:00PM ET), but I had no worries. I got home at around 8:30PM and just waited for the West coast feed at around 10:00PM ET.

13. Simpler Simon

Yeah, I don't have digital cable - maybe I'd pick up CW if I did, but ever since I've been living here (9+ years now) I've missed the first runs of any shows that debuted on WB first. The internet being what it is I'm sure I'll find other ways to catch BttS, but I'll miss waking up to the TMNT on saturday mornings. And, often enough, being the first one into the talkback threads.

14. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I get it too.

15. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Here in British Columbia I never got the WB but I did get UPN, and so when they merged the CW took over for UPN, so I get it here.

I do hope Teletoon gets off their lazy can and picks up BTTS, but they haven't shown TMNT for a while now - they never showed FF anyway. It sure was nice when they had it in an after-school weekday timeslot for when the movie was coming out, but sadly those days are over.

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Wow, I'm glad I live in the U.S.

Never knew all you guys in other countries had these problems watching the show on TV. Thank god we're in the internet age though, huh? Missing a show on TV isn't such a big deal as it used to be...

17. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Episode descriptions for the first two episodes from the site that shan't be named.

#237 PC!, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  18. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

As cool as those descriptions sound, I'd put them in spoiler tags since some people here don't want the plot spoiled.

19. warnerbroman

warnerbroman Active Member

I still don't get what serling was doing there?

20. Simpler Simon

Already I'm a little iffy on the second episode - a brainwashed casey has the potential for humor, but also the potential to be very painful. hopefully the episode will delve into what the foot's been doing since the turtles left.

as for serling, i'm going to say he got sent back by accident, though i could see viral hijacking his body.