1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Titans" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

After a bunch of rumors naturally. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. juan1193

juan1193 Member

I'm willing to bet we'll get a cast reveal at San Diego Comic Con next month (wow time flies!)...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cast breakdowns for the Titans cast.

John - Nightwing

Sarah - Raven

Casey - Starfire

Jax - Beast Boy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

If this casting call is authentic and these roles are for the characters as guessed then this is an older take on the team than I thought it would be (definitely Titans as opposed to Teen Titans). I am surprised that they seem to be going with a version of Raven that is much younger, compared to the others, than we are used to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder why they'd vary the ages like that. It feels like a shame that Cyborg won't be included.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

While that's the main cast, I think there might be a mini arc at some point in the season to introduce Cyborg as a new member. Unless there's another dumb embargo thing going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

On the positive side, I will say that all those character descriptions sound generally spot-on for the characters they're describing, which is good :).

It's interesting that they're going with Dick as a cop who moonlights as a vigilante, which is an element from Chuck Dixon's Nightwing run. I'm also wondering how they might address his connection to Batman, if at all o_O.

Lots of teases to Raven's Trigon-connection...

It sounds like they're going to be playing coy with Starfire's alien origin to some degree, though I wonder who's hunting her? The Gordanian's :eek:?

Never expected to see Beast Boy as an amateur thief. I guess he hasn't inherited his vast wealth in this continuity :sweat:.

I think we'll see either a fifth or sixth member, but I expect there will be someone to take Cyborg's place on the team, ala Blue Beetle in the DC Animated movies :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Or Beast Boy lost all his fortune.

In practical terms, having either one appear later in the series helps with the budget since they'd require the most VFX, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm already curious/worried how they're going to handle the VFX for the rest of the announced team :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Otaku-sempai

What bothers me for the description of (presumably) Dick, is that part of what makes Nightwing is how he contrasts with Batman, not how much he is the same. He should not be just as dark and tortured as Bruce Wayne. Dick is driven more by his sense of adventure than a thirst for vengeance; Bruce saw to that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. juan1193

juan1193 Member

I'm pretty sure that isn't the full cast/lineup, at least I hope not. I expect 2 more members.

Fingers crossed for Blue Beetle and Static! And yes I know the latter is a long shot but a guy can dream right? I wouldn't mind Terra, Bumblebee or Wonder Girl either..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It kind of bugs me that Dick could potentially be twice the age of some of his teammates. That would create a very different dynamic. I do wonder if these descriptions are more just what they want prepared for the auditions than what we'll see in the actual show.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #92 Rick Jones, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  13. Otaku-sempai

The age range given is for the actors themselves. The character's age is likely to skew to the low end of that scale. However, even if they are placing Nightwing in his twenties, I have to wonder why they would want him to be in his late-twenties and not his early-twenties--especially if other members of the team are still in their teens. It just seems wrong-headed to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Given the original plot description, I think they're going with an older Dick to give him the feel of a more grizzled, veteran, hero by the time he forms the Titans (which sounds more like Batman when I put it that way).

Or that he started his Superhero career later in life if he was never Robin in his younger years in this universe.

At least there (hopefully) won't be too big an age difference between him and Starfire since they're looking for someone in their 20's to play her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Otaku-sempai

And that makes me wonder if someone wanted to make Batman and the Outsiders but had to settle for the Titans.
    Gawds, I hope not. Gotham, with its liberties, is bad enough.
    Yeah, if Kory was in her teens then that would get creepy in a hurry. What I was envisioning was a show where the oldest members of the team were college-age and the youngest members were still in high school. This kinda blows that where Nightwing is concerned.

I would not want to see Terra on the team at the start unless it is established that she is a rookie. I like the idea that some original members (Wally, Roy, Donna, Garth, Lilith) might have moved on but could guest-star; though, we could get alternate versions of some of those, say Kaldur instead of Garth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Potentially, but I think DC wanting a Titans adaption is a tad more likely.

At this point I'll be surprised if a DC TV show doesn't take some major liberties :sweat:.

I just find it of note that they seem to be downplaying or ignoring the Batman element in Dick's life, so they might try and cut that out :eek:.

I was expecting that too, but it looks like the ages are diverge a tad from how they were doing the Wolfman/Perez era :ack:.

I'm not sure if we'll see any of the other Fab Five (or Lilith) show up, particularly given there are different versions of Wally and Roy on other shows or that they'll want to prioritize characters not tied to other heroes like the Fab Five are.

I do think we might see at least one of the Wonder Girls in there, though.

17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd really like to see Donna get some love. I don't think she's never been adapted outside of the Filmation cartoons and that one shelved 80s psa. I guess there was that one alternate version in Crisis on Two Earths.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And in Super Best Friends Forever ;).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Otaku-sempai

Also a couple brief cameos in Cartoon Network's Teen Titans, though Donna was never properly introduced (that had to wait for her to appear in the spin-off comic).

[​IMG]

20. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

She was kind of a supporting character in the 1977 Wonder Woman tv Show. Garth is the real one who has been screwed over in my opinion.

Still, Donna is the Titans I want to see in more adoptions.