1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Titans" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Is the title accurate? I don't think it's a pilot, I think it was ordered to series for the streaming service.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, Goldman was involved with the TNT pilot. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt this is the same pitch and continuing the thread.

Noted and edited.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bat16

bat16 Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy have already been confirmed/teased, and there might be a current Robin they could throw in there with Dick, but Kid Flash, Cyborg, and Wonder Girl are big question marks and probably depend a lot on what they're willing to do with this series :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bat16

bat16 Member

it's kind of weird that it seems like there is almost no distinction anymore between Young Justice and Teen Titans. Since a lot of these characters are in both.

I would like to see Aqualad on the team over Cyborg. Since Cyborg is getting his own movie+ JL, why have him show up in both theatrical and TV? As for the rest if that's the lineup, than I like it!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. bat16

bat16 Member

7. juan1193

juan1193 Member

[​IMG]

Armani Salado for Blue Beetle! He basically looks like comicbook Jaime come to life! There was also a rumor Blue Beetle would be a part of this show (a long with Terra and Bumblebee). I can see him taking Cyborgs spot like he does in the animated movies :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I dunno; I would think they might want to cast an actor for Jaime who was still in no more than his late teens (not that we know that Blue Beetle will be featured yet).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. juan1193

juan1193 Member

Well Armani is only 20/21 years old and can definitely play a teen character without anyone noticing that he isn't one. He's also in the right age range Hollywood likes their actors portraying teens to be in.

To me he looks like Jaime ripped straight from the comics. Also I would be extremely surprised if Jaime wasn't a part of this show going by how much of a media push the character has enjoyed through the years but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I expect a lineup/actors reveal at comic con.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Since you brought it up, Salado turns twenty-two in June. I don't like to see characters who are still in high school cast with actors old enough to be graduating from college in the normal course of events. At the same time, I do understand the desire of studios to want to avoid using actors who are subject to labor laws pertaining to minors.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I would love it if this took place in the DCEU, since it feels vastly underutilized right now compared to DC's television universe(s).

12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the same continuity as Mos, BvS and SS then I'd rather it did not, of all superhero adaptations the DC Murderverse has to be the least disrespectful I've ever seen.

13. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Superman only killed three bad guys: Zod (with no other option), Doomsday (who had to die before it could kill thousands of people) and an African terrorist. If the DCEU is based in the 'real world' in some way...why let a terrorist live? Even if it was an accident blowing him through all those walls, I don't think anyone will care that some lowlife terrorist will get what's coming to him. Superman is still the good guy, the hero, in that situation.

As for Batman, it was established in BvS that losing Wayne Manor and Jason Todd had driven to the point where he didn't care if anyone died in self-defense. Yes, he branded criminals too, but those criminals were pedophiles and human traffickers. Although in the DCEU tie-in comics, they made it clear Batman never killed thieves or simple criminals.

The only bad guys who die in BvS by the hands of Batman and Superman are the worst of humanity. No one should feel bad for these casualties.

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt this is going to be connected to the DCEU if only because I don't expect them to cast Nightwing for this series expecting him to carry over into the movies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I could get into the problems with the whole killing thing regarding superheroes, but for the sake of clarity I'm just gonna address the bigger problem with that continuity.

The main problem for me at least is the tone, the aesthetics, the context of this universe.

DC Comics (to me at least) has always been for the most part a fun thing to get into, with sci-fi, magic, and general escapism; not this dark, depressing, delirium of boredom, dismay, and false edginess; and that especially does not play in the favor of the story telling and characterizations. In BvS in particular, the story is convuled and it just plucking bits and pieces of trying to be The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Returns, Injustice, Death of Superman, and World's Finest all at once when just trying to be one particular story should be more than enough; the characters are stale and unpleasant, and the main villain is especially disappointing, basically a shell of Heath Ledger's Joker.

Long in short of it, there are lots of problems with those movies other than just Superman or Batman killing.

• Like Like x 1
    #75 Troy Troodon, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I kind of hope not just so it can be free to do it's own thing without being connected to the DCEU's continuity.

I like shared universes but I'm tired of so many projects being tied to one another. I'm glad a show like Legion is on its own or a show like Gotham isn't a part of the Arrowverse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. juan1193

juan1193 Member

Yeah I say keep it seperate from the DCEU. Let the show do it's own thing.

Anyway when do you guys think we'll get a full roster reveal? I mean we already have 4 revealed so far so I expect 3-4 more to be announced...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Either they'll reveal the entire Titans cast at Comic-Con or at some kind of upfront or we'll learn it from casting sheets...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If filming is starting that early I imagine we'll hear some casting news soon...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1