1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Titans" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Sep 11, 2014.

1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I'm not sure exactly what any of that would matter. It's pretty much a given that most comic book shows and movies are going to have at least a few elements or characters the audience is unfamiliar with (by virtue of comics being such a niche media) so I'm not sure why Oracle not having a lot of mainstream exposure should preclude her from appearing. I mean how else is she going to get exposure if she's never used?

Same thing for Hawk and Dove. They're weird choices to have ahead of more popular characters like Cyborg or Beast Boy (though I guess DC probably does not want Cyborg in it if he's gonna be in the Justice League movie soon) but if the writer has an interesting idea for them then by all means, he should go nuts.

2. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

2/3/15: Really glad the initial roster is partially different from the norm.
    Although, the dynamics appear very conventional. I might have a hard time with that love triangle, since forced romantic tension is eminent.
    Hawk & Dove's inclusion, on the other hand, would be a welcome take on the bond between Superboy and Ms Martian in YJ.
    I have no hang-up concerning BB's and Cyborg's absence, but a witty comic-relief wouldn't hurt.
    Raven would fill the dry humor quota nicely and I would hope Starfire's naivete isn't taken to unbearable levels if the writers go that route.
    For me, a re-imagining of Starfire's personality,especially, would be the most refreshing.

1/7/16: And...it's...Gone. :crying:

#42 Mostezli, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
  3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

While Kevin Reilly, a former Fox suit, had been on board when he first signed on w/TNT, he's changed his tune rather suddenly. Something tells me someone convinced him Titans wouldn't work. A wise move would be to move it to CW and hand it over to Greg Berlanti, who seems to have a better grasp, albeit skewed, on comics adaptations.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this might be the case when we hadn't heard any news about the show in a while, but still disappointing nonetheless, since I was looking forward to seeing the Titans in live-action and another DC TV show :(.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Johansen

Johansen New Member

It seems like they've been trying to do this show for the past decade now. Unless CW is interested (doubtful) they should probably just give up on it now.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

7. hobbyfan

Calling it now. WB will reboot the pilot for either Fox, CBS, or NBC (since CW has enough comics/fantasy programs as it is).

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Reads more like damage control from DC Entertainment. I'll believe it when they announce a title at a con.

• Like Like x 1
  9. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, if they adapt it like Wolfman's classic run and not in line with the animated series, it could get more interest. I don't like the idea of adding characters like Hawk & Dove from jumpstreet. Probably a good reason why no one wants to pick it up.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

10. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

12. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't is be a seperate thread since it's a completely different production.

13. hobbyfan

They're not even sure if this is a different production or a new one, based on what I've read.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

It appears that Geoff Johns is teasing Beast Boy

• Like Like x 1
  15. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I'm betting he isn't green nor does he turn into beasts. This is still a TV budgeted project. They don't have money to get all fancy.

Maybe something like an Animal Man character, but as a teenager.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Maybe if this was 2004. We live in an age of shorter seasons with higher budgets. Beast Boy really isn't that difficult to do outside of some prosthetics and lite CGI

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

This just made the Warner Digital upfront set for May 5 more interesting.

When there's more than one live action series announced, I'll start a thread and pin it like the movies and TV ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know the immediate assumption with Berlanti involved is that this will be related to the Arrowverse, though with it being a digital-only series I'm not sure if they'll connect it to the CW shows or have any kind of major crossover. I'm not expecting the Titans to show up to next year's annual crossover event, for one thing :sweat:.

I guess it could possible be like Vixen where it's mostly standalone but with a major appearance by an Arrowverse regular at some point :cool:.

In the possible event that this does take place on the Arrowverse, I could see this taking place on Earth-38, the Earth of Supergirl, since it's teased Batman's existence and has more room for other heroes and world-building then Earth-1 does :).

Be kind of awesome if we see an Earth-38 version of Slade Wilson, still played by Manu Bennett, menace the Titans and call Dick "Kid" like he did Ollie on Arrow :D.

The only downside would be the unlikelihood of Roy and Wally popping up in this, since they're both on Earth-1, but I wasn't expecting we'd see more of the Fab Five other then Dick quite frankly. Though I guess there is potential for Wonder Girl and Aqualad...

If there's anything I'm concerned about it's the show's possible budget and how that might effect their adapting the Titans, since the members already announced or teased like Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy would likely be very FX heavy. Can we expect something on par with a Netflix series or a CW show? Would this being digital-only limit the budget even more o_O?

We've already seen team shows like Legends of Tomorrow try it's best to workaround the heroes who require a lot of FX, but I'm not sure if that'll work any better here. Will Beast Boy pull a Vixen and only change into a gorilla? Well, they have a Grodd model they can probably recolor :rolleyes2:.

Given this is set for 2018, I'm curious when we'll see news about casting and plot...

19. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I would really like to see the classic New Teen Titans line-up of Dick Grayson, Donna, Wally (original or later version), Raven, Kory, Vic and Logan with Roy, Garth, Lilith and others around as occasional guest stars (though I could accept subbing Kaldur as Aqualad). I also wouldn't mind seeing Conner Kent introduced as Superboy. If Dick becomes (or even starts out as) Nightwing then Damian can be brought in as Robin.

I like Titans for the title because the team can start out as teens and grow into young adults without rebranding the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #59 Otaku-sempai, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  20. hobbyfan

They could probably do the original Wally here, since this conceivably could be on a different Earth, now that Berlanti's been handed the project (as I had suspected would be the case). Add an Oscar winner in Akiva Goldsman, who didn't exactly do Batman any favors 20 years ago, shake well, stir, and.......

• Like Like x 1