1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Titans" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Sep 11, 2014.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Premiere Date: 2018​
    Platform: DC Digital Service​

According to Deadline:

Comments?

#1 James Harvey, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

I want this in my life. I think it's a bit too early to speculate about anything as it's still too early for that. I'm glad Nightwing is going to lead though, and I hope we do end up at least seeing Donna Troy.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A Teen Titans live-action show on TNT? Huh. It's interesting enough, and has the potential to be a good series, but I'll need to see more of how they're approaching it before I decide if I'll watch it or not. One cool thing is definitely that it seems like they'll be a bigger DC universe at play for the series, what with a mention of Dick's tenure as Robin with Batman :).

It'll also be interesting to see where they go in terms of the costumes for the Titans, and how comic-accurate they'll be.

Donna Troy showing up would be awesome, though I wonder if we might get a live-action Kid Flash in this first before The Flash :sweat:?

4. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

That's an interesting network choice. Don't they usually put these sort of shows on The CW?

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

DC is really killing it on the TV front, lately!

6. tazmaniak

tazmaniak Member

You may see Donna Troy, but I doubt you'll see Wally as it's unlikely WB/DC will allow both shows to use the same characters. Same goes for Roy Harper, whose on Arrow, as well as Cyborg, who is in the movies.

7. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I'd probably rule out Beast Boy as well since having him would involve working with animals and getting them painted green.

Maybe they could work in Jericho, Aqualad or even Jason or Tim.

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly how I see this working is starting off with a small set of characters and building from there. Like maybe the first few episodes have Robin, Raven and Starfire in them, and then you expand the cast to some of the various other Titans. And honestly this does sound like a way better idea then that Supergirl TV series supposedly in production. The Titans are actually fairly well known and those who don't like the more kiddifed take on them now may gravitate towards a more serious and dramatic series. Plus actually having Robin/Nightwing instantly generates with Batman fans which is a much easier sell then say when just Raven was being pitched around as an idea. And also if he's the focus then you don't need to worry about the special effects as much. Since yeah Raven and Starfire in live action are going to require some seriously good effects to get right. I heard how much they had to focus and put detail into making the Flash look good at the CW. You're going to need at least that with the two of them, not to mention what other Titans may wind up being introduced.

9. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Companions,

i've never watched any TNT series before but i'd be willing to watch this if they go through with it.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They were shopping DMZ and Booster Gold (or did they pass on it?) for SyFy, Hourman, Supergirl then Arrow, Flash, and iZombie on CW, Gotham on Fox, Constantine on NBC, Preacher on AMC.

They're really pumping out TV shows all of a sudden, Gold Guy. That's for sure.

I wonder if this show is the rumored live action YJ show from a bit ago.

11. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Yeah, the elephants get rather upset when they're painted green....BECAUSE WE HAVE THIS THING CALLED COMPUTER GRAPHICS NOWADAYS!

12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

But is such a thing going to be feasible on a TV budget, is the question. Smallville often had HORRIBLE special effects and Agents of SHIELD isn't too pretty to look at either. Arrow works because very few people have powers; it's mostly just normal humans shooting arrows and guns or doing kung-fu.

We'll have to see how the Flash pans out.

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think Beast Boy would be pretty hard to do on a TV budget. You'd have to incorporate all those animals and have the CG budget to color them green. I don't see it working unless they have a lot of budget to work with or are willing to skimp on one aspect of BB, either limiting him to a few animals or that they have to be green.

If they use Cyborg, I can definitely see them going the same route as Smallville and keep his cybernetics internal rather than external.

14. gmster

gmster Active Member

CW President says that there are discussions going on about having Titans in the same universe as Arrow/Flash:

DC Is Getting Its TV on This Fall With The CW's Flash, NBC

15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Hmmm I'm guessing if they aren't going to have the major networks combine with the DC universe, the upcoming Supergirl also won't be interconnected as that's on CBS but hard to know as both are still at best in earlyyyyyyyyyyyyy about to get into what we'll see we can do about pre-production. Still if this show gets off the ground that'd be interesting especially if they allowed for crossovers. I mean I know Arrow/Flash is going to have one so if it's in the same universe The Titans would to. Of course we don't even know whose going to really even be in this series as in actors and... principal leads so hard to get exited about it anymore.

16. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

That is a bit surprising, although given TNT has repeats of Smallville I suppose it shouldn't be. This should be interesting to see unfold, though. I hope the Titans Batman can appear on the CW series.

17. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Let us not forget that before he won an Oscar for "A Beautiful Mind", Goldsman was the head writer for Joel Schumacher's Bat-rocities. Beast Boy's shape-shifting can work with CGI, as surely WB would have the budget to make it happen. Long as Gar doesn't have pointed ears like in the cartoons, we're fine.

Like, what's next? Zatanna?

18. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

I'd love that, Zatanna's my fave.

19. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Star Trek has been doing decent pointy ears on TV for decades. They don't need some fancy CG budget for that trick.

20. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Nah she's part of Justice League Dark she's more likely to appear in Contantine maybe her cousin Zachery can join,