1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Toons starts on Nick September 2!

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by snowpeck, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

The chances are that someone at Nickelodeon just does not like it. It seems to be very politically correct, teaching moral values and such. :eek:

2. Mike

Mike Member

It is too much. They don't need to show three different episodes a day. Show it once at 6:30 am, then show another episode at 2 pm, then show the 6:30 episode at 2:30. Chances are the audience for the 2:30 pm airing will be different than the audience for the 6:30 am airing, so it'll be new to them, not just a same-day repeat.

Well, I guess we should take this as a sign that TTA is still pulling in the ratings for Nick. Still, I wish they'd slow things down to 2 episodes a day. Of course, this is the same network that, at night, airs four different episodes of Cheers and Cosby Show!

Mike

3. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

The 6:30 episode should repeat at 2:00. That way, they could still be airing in order. Repeating at 2:30 would cause the afternoon episodes for each individual day to be in reverse order.

4. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

Or, they could just have Doug back at 6:30am (since it's not on at any other time :rolleyes: ), and then Animaniacs at 2 and Tiny Toons at 2:30.

5. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

That afternoon pattern would also be good, if they could air Animaniacs in production order. Does Nickelodeon still have the rights to the earlier Doug episodes?

6. snowpeck

snowpeck Member

Doug will still air at 6am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.... and it airs on both NickToons TV and Noggin as well.

Greg

7. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

Then, it would not be necessary to add it at 6:30am. The best schedule idea could have been to air "Tiny Toon Adventures" in the morning, with the afternoon hour showing "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain." That way, everything can air without Nickelodeon losing its other blocks. I doubt they will ever think of it. :rolleyes:

8. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

Or, they could just remake their schedule from scratch. Maybe they could show some of their cancelled Nicktoons on weekends, along with the WB cartoons.

9. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

Nickelodeon seems to be happy with their current schedule, overplaying a few Nicktoons. Revamping the schedule would be good, but maybe not from their point of view.

10. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

That's because Nickelodeon doesn't really care what the fans think.

I suggest remaking the schedule from scratch so that they don't keep elements of the previous schedule, like they do every time they change it now. I think that almost all of the Nicktoons on the air now are overplayed. As Told By Ginger, SpongeBob, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Jimmy Neutron, ChalkZone, and Fairly OddParents are all re-run into the ground.

Anyway, what's this about CN keeping the TTA Christmas special? Nick showed it, yet I saw an advertisment with a clip from the special on Cartoon Network.

11. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

Nickelodeon has it, not Cartoon Network. The advertisement was probably reused, possibly in part, from the previous year, before the show switched hands.

12. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

Tiny Toon Adventures aired this morning. The new weekend schedule actually started today, not next weekend. The episodes earlier today were "You Asked for It II" and "Stuff that goes Bump in the Night."

13. snowpeck

snowpeck Member

URGENT UPDATE:

Schedule updated to February 2.

The weekend 6am slot has started a week early. The weekday 6:30am slot has been cancelled, and replaced by Doug. Episodes that were scheduled to air at 1pm on Saturday the 10th and all episodes that were scheduled to air at 6:30am on weekdays will now be skipped.

Greg

14. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

"Thirteensomething" aired out of order today, so it will be on again in only 12 days. :(

15. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

It is annoying when schedules change at the last minute. Some "fans" of current animation, such as Nicktoons and Cartoon Cartoons, probably do not care about the order and frequency of repeats.

16. At least you lot have TTA and Animaniacs. Here in the UK we have not had any episodes for about 5 years!

17. snowpeck

snowpeck Member

Schedule updated through March 2. They are going to try scheduling the 6:30 am weekday slot again. We'll see if they go through with it this time.

Greg

18. ~eViL.iS.gOoD~

~eViL.iS.gOoD~ New Member

yes! i love tiny toons. its the best show ever and i cant wait to watch it

19. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

There is no Animaniacs on Nickelodeon anymore. Rumor has it that it airs on a spinoff channel that many people do not have. :rolleyes:

20. UltimateGirFan

UltimateGirFan liker of cartoons and stuff

I didn't like it at first until I watched it. It's a good show. :)