1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Toons revived in 2010?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo Gatchaman G-6

I'd worry more about getting the series complete on dvd. Nothing now until 2009, I'd think.

2. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Silverstar: I never met or interviewed Mr. Spielberg ever!

3. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

So you were just speculating/fantasizing again, I take it. :shrug:

I'd say that realistically, there are 2 chances of Spielberg reviving any of these shows: slim and none. And it's just as well: another 65-episode package of any of them would be TV Land's equivalent to the Titanic. I'd rather get new franchises, shows and shorts from WB than revival attempts of previous ones myself.

But as long as we continue to get the DVDs, I'm cool with that.

#63 Silverstar, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  4. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I'm just going to chime in here to say that if a revival TV series or a feature film for Tiny Toon Adventures or for Animaniacs ever does get greenlit, it should be traditionally hand drawn and definitely not rendered in CGI. I have nothing against CGI, but the Warner Brothers characters should be 2D for as long as possible. One only has to look at Disney's Once Upon a Christmas DTV to see that a CGI rendered WB cartoon would be a bad idea.

5. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Which is exactly what I'm talking about! I don't want 65 more episodes of Tiny Toons and Animaniacs (that would be a recipe for disaster). All I want is for for a new DTV or theatrical short subject whenever the original crew feels like it or when they come up with an interesting.

In any case, if there are less 90s revivals in the upcoming decade then there were 80s revivals in this decade, I'm gonna cry :crying: . At the least there should be a few DTVs based on Disney's shows with some of the original crew back.

6. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

Let me add an "amen" to that.

One reason I would want them back is because there is so much baloney here in this decade ("reality" shows, Paris & Britney) that so richly deserves to be put through the wringer.... Silver Age style! :D

7. Ishoka

Ishoka The Genocidal Blue Bunny.

Even though I highly doubt it'll happen anytime soon...

They're best bet with any kind of "revival" for Tiny Toons wouldn't be restarting the series again, but of just those DTV's everyone's talking about. (Though a theatrical release of something would be nice too... XD) A new movie or something based in a sort of "Night Ghoulery" style. Just have it be a complilation of multiple 6ish minute shorts, possibly centralized around one main theme, like one biiig episode. It keeps the charm of the 3-short episodes from the series, and lets the writes pull out some good stuff, instead of them having to try and pull more and more stories outta no where for an extra 65 episodes, or having them try and drag a single story out to fill the whole movie (They did well with HISMV but, trying something like that again might not work out that well).

That's just my opinion though. I'd rather not see a new series of TTA or A! on TV just yet, but I wouldn't mind something like that there.

8. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

The exception to this would be Pinky & The Brain. They don't exist in a cartoon world; they are not "toons" themselves, but real mice that have been genetically altered. As such, they'd work perfectly well in a live-action-with-CGI treatment -- like demented Stuart Littles. (And it would be funnier in live-action when people don't notice that they're not human, and think Brain is sarcastic when he says that he is a mouse.)

...as long as it was written well and didn't come across as cringe-worthy like Alvin & The Chipmunks (I was put off by their first promo poster showing them looking like rappers; I made my decision right there not to see the movie when it came out).

9. MattieShoe

MattieShoe Member

the "toon" label isn't something official. we're not living in Roger Rabbit world.

Pinky and the Brain are cartoon characters, and any feature starring them should treat them as such.

If I my say so, I HATE the word "Toon" and what it stands for.

cartoon characters shouldn't have to follow the rules of being a "Toon" to be treated so.

With that said, I think any attempt to make a live-action Pinky and The Brain movie would miss the point. (like Alvin and the Chipmunks" did.)

10. Goldstar Neo

I see your point, but I still have no desire to see Pinky and the Brain in CGI.

11. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Or even Looney Tunes CGI style!

12. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

NO! Please no.

Is this something you actually want to see?

13. Neizd Aviir

Neizd Aviir Guest

Well since we are talkink about TTA revieval I have a question, that bothers me.

Does anyone think, that there are some scripts for TTA that were never made into cartoon show?
    From what I have readed the show wasn't canceled because of low popularity but because "the bussines deal ran out".
    My speculation is that since the second and third seasons of TTA were quite short (I think that it was shortened even more, because of lack of time.) there are still some unused scripts. Does anyone know about something like that?
    The creators usually have some unused materials left, of what making ;) The same goes for me, when I was making my own RPG system. It was finished after two years, but I still have a lot of unused materials left (I plan on doing TTA, Animaniacs and other WB cartoons based RPG system for younger people, since I saw Romey thread "WB Silver age RPG" but that's another story;))

//Sorry for mistakes but I lack some the experience if it comes to writing something:sweat://

14. Goldstar Neo

I wouldn't want to see that either. CG is OK for a LT/MM video game, but the movies and TV shows should remain hand drawn.

15. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

If Tiny Toons or even Animaniacs were to be revived, they'd probably need the same writers. Also, no flash or CGI.

16. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

No flash, why?

17. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Imagine Animaniacs animated in flash. Is that something you'd really want to see??

18. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

That'll be a nightmare nobody would want. Animaniacs+Flash=Disgrace.

19. MASF

MASF Member

I hate it when Wiki makes up stuff like this... It isn't right to get someones hopes like this and just lie right in their face afterwards... :(

20. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student

Here's some "What If" ideas I'd like to add:

Maybe the TTA crew should introduce some new characters, based on the LT supporting players (like Pete Puma; Witch Hazel; Michigan J Frog; Slowpoke Rodriguez among others). Thay could even attempt to reintroduce some characters that were originally planned but never got used, like Lighning Rodriguez, for example.

If a theatrical short is what is needed, maybe the writers can incorporate the theartical fourth-wall gags that the boys at Termite Terrace were famous for (examples: Hair in the projector, sillhouette of audience member interacting with a character).

For Animaniacs, if they intend to do a "mock black-and-white" short depicting the Warners in a 30's cartoon, there is an improvement I can suggest:

The picture can be made to "look old" by adding faux film artifacts like dust, scratches, stains, etc.---There are computer programs that do this! Furthermore, the effect can be enhanced if the sound mix equalization is deliberately "out of balance" to simulate the primitive film-sound recorders of the 1930's.

Disney did this so brilliantly with the Mouseworks short Mickey and the Goatman, as did Cartoon Network with the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy episode "Hill Billy," so I don't see any problem here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.