1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Toons revived in 2010?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

You must know something nobody else does, because the end of WB/Amblin productions wasn't BECAUSE of PE&B. They're the ones who made the thing; they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I think it was dissolved because of disinterest....either Spielberg or Jamie Kellner didn't feel they needed each other anymore. (My money's on Kellner.)

2. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

Whatever the deal is, they just won't make cartoons like this anymore cuz animators nowadays have new ideas and the kids of todays generation seem to like it. I dont' think shows like Tiny Toon Adventures or Animaniacs would be revived but there's a chance they could make shows like it again. It all depends on what animators want to produce and how they want to go about it.

"Narf! Pinky!" lol

3. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I'm not sure what you mean. By "they" do you mean Spielberg and Warner Bros. collaborating again to make new shows? That would require a lot of money and persuasion.

I don't necessarily see WB and Spielberg coming together again anytime soon, but I agree that Warner should be doing something new with the Looney Tunes (and I don't mean that Marvin the Martian CGI movie). How about a new Looney Tunes show, or at least some new LT shorts, maybe even possibly expand on the LT universe and add some all-new characters to the gang? Part of the reason the Looney Tunes have become stagnant today is because at some point, they chose to merely continue rehashing their tried and true formulas and stop evolving. For a franchise to survive, it has to keep moving forward.

4. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

you ever heard of House of Mouse? why don't they do a show like that for WB. there hasn't been a show where Bugs Bunny has had his own show anyways like Mickey Mouse? so why not do a show like that?

5. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Have you ever heard of The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show or The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show? The former featured classic post-1948 LT/MM shorts with original animated wraparounds featuring Bugs and the gang sandwiched between them. It was kind of like a WB House of Mouse decades before it happened.

6. Silverstar

I did mention a new Looney Tunes show. Re-read my last post. And House of Mouse was basically a Disney version of The Bugs Bunny Show (1960), only with original shorts.

In order for Bugs Bunny to headline his own series, the character would have to evolve, becoming less iconic and more relatable. The problem with Bugs Bunny is that he's become such a trademark and an institution that WB is currently limited with what they can do with him. Over the years, Bugs has evolved into far too suave a character; it's gotten to the point where all he does is lean back, chomp on his carrot and deliver clever asides. He would have to radically change and acquire more dimensions (including character flaws and fallibility) in order to headline his own show. Unless he was just going to act as host or something.

#46 Silverstar, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
  7. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

I read ur post and i comprehended it, but "The Bugs Bunny show" was just full of Bugs bunny classic shorts as well as "bugs bunny/ road runner" or Bugs Bunny/ tweety. I'm talking tv series like Duck Dodgers and stuff. they never gave that to Bugs Bunny.

"Narfpinky!" lol

8. Silverstar

Again, read my previous post in its' entirety. We've already covered that. Unless Bugs would just have hosting duties and nothing else, the character would have to be taken out of 'perfect' mode in order to be a viable headline character in his own series. In order for characters to work as stars on a show, they need to be relatable; they need flaws, quirks, obsessions and failings in order to win the audience's respect and so people can relate to them. The current Bugs Bunny is far to suave and infallible too be interesting on a 65-episode basis.

9. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

I'm not saying there needs to be a show like house of mouse man. just a show starring Bugs Bunny period. Adventure, comedy, doesn't matter to me. As long as it starred Bugs Bunny. That's pretty much all i'm saying. As far as a new looney tunes show, they would need lot of ideas for new shorts and stuff and they'd need to collaborate with many artists in order for that to happen.

10. Silverstar

And I'm not saying that either. I never was, in fact. So we're on the page there. :)

Yes, I know. You're suggesting a Duck Dodgers, Taz-Mania or Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries type show starring Bugs. That's what I was talking about as well. Shows like that work starring other LT characters because they have quirks and flaws, which can be exploited and capitalized upon for a variety of stories. By contrast, Bugs, as he is currently, is simply too 'perfect' to be interesting in such a format; Bugs can't outwit his opponents and win every single time for 65 episodes; characters who never make mistakes don't make for interesting television. In order for 'star' characters to work on their own shows, they need to be flawed, and Bugs doesn't have enough flaws in his current form. His character would have to be rethought in order for such a show to work. That's all I'm saying. Such an idea would indeed be possible, but it would require some creative tinkering, particularly with Bugs' character.

We agree again. That's precisely what I said a few posts up. ;)

11. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

Speaking of Scooby Doo, its kinda sad and telling that Warners is oh so willing to keep on producing and mass merchandising a character they didn't create while letting they're own characters sit by the wayside. Yeah I know Scoob's a big-time cash cow for them but still Bugs and co. as well as the Tiny Toon's and Animaniacs crew were pretty popular and marketable too. Why not show them the same attention they show Scooby? The same could be said for Yogi Bear and the rest of the Hanna Barbera characters.

12. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

I think any kind of Tiny Toons revival would end up disappointing me. So, I think it should be left well enough alone and stay in the 90s where it belongs.

13. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

lol yeah i see what u mean silverstar. :)

14. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

i'm def happy we saw that eye to eye cuz for a minute there i wasn't sure if i exactly knew what I was talking about!

"Narfpinky!" lol

15. Neizd Aviir

Neizd Aviir Guest

Well I saw the rumor on wiki, and I think that revieval of TTA would be possible IF Steven Spielberg would be included in the project once again as executive producer, and IF the original staff (or most of them) will work on the project again.

The revieved series wouldn't be that bad, but what makes me think...why would they even bother making revieval like that? I mean...the "Night ghoulery" aired in 1995 and was the end of TTA series and now we have 2008. After 13 years they started realsing DVD's and I simply don't belive that it was because they wanted to make some cash.:sweat:

Hmm...looking at the series, it amazes me, that it is still so popular, just like it was back in 90's. A lot of shows just dissapears, and yet TTA still has a lot of fans. Maybe if the DVD's will make a lot of cash, the WB will revieve the series, but right now it is only a wish.:)

About the revieval...I think it wouldn't be THAT bad ;) a lot of new funny gags, could be developed in 2008 since a lot of new movies were made :D and of course I still look out for a gag from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" that will make fun of the show beeing constantly remaked into new series :sweat:

16. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

I like the suggestions of live action/CGI leaning Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and Freakazoid movies (But don't expect a Loonatics movie or a Road Rovers movie!).

House of Mouse not only featured new Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck/Goofy/Disney shorts but some classic Disney shorts as well.

You didn't mention the Kids WB's Cat and Birdy Warneroonie Pinky Brainy Big Cartoonie Show/Cat and Bunny Warneroonie Super Looney Big Cartoonie Show was a mix of Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Pinky and the Brain episodes.

Finally: For a new Bugs Bunny cartoon series, why not one where Bugs is married to Lola Bunny and have two kids (a rabbit son and a rabbit daughter) and it is in the style of other family cartoons (The Flintstones, The Jetsons, The Simpsons, Blondie and Dagwood).

17. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Steven Spielberg would work on TTA and Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain revivals it if Warner Bros. buys a share or acquires in whole Steven's Dreamworks company (But Shrek stays with Universal!)

18. Silverstar

Um, how do you do know this? Did Mr. Spielberg tell you this? Or did he state this in a recent interview?

Do you have some inside information (source or link?), or is this just speculation on your part?

Movies based on the Silver Age WB franchises seem about as likely as series revivals at this stage, but if there were to be features based on any of these franchises, I think it would serve their purposes better to keep them as far away from CGI/live-action as possible. Ideally, you'd want to reel in the fans of these shows, not turn them off.

Personally, I'd rather they go in the opposite direction and make Bugs less adult; you know, bring Bugs back to being the juvenile rascal he was in his heyday.

#58 Silverstar, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  19. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I'm pretty sure that no one was expecting that. :shrug:

And why would anyone mention the Big Cartoonie Show in this context? It was just a recycle bin for canceled WSAU (Warner/Speilberg Animated Universe) shows; a hodgepodge of shorts from different series made at different times by different teams. The only new episodes that aired on the Big Cartoonie Show were the remaining unaired episodes of Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain.

No. Just no. I would not want to see Bugs Bunny become tame and domesticated. That wouldn't be the Bugs Bunny that we fell in love with at all. That's sounds more like Mickey Mouse. Bugs is a rascaly, juvenile delinquent; a Bowery Boy with an Oppenheimer's intellect. If you turn Bugs into a watered down family man, he's not Bugs Bunny anymore. Friz Freleng said that himself, and I agree with him. I was thinking more of something along the lines of Duck Dodgers, only with Bugs as the star. perhaps a "Super Rabbit" series; a Looney Tunes superhero spoof, only done well this time.

#59 Goldstar Neo, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  20. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

You know, I'm beginning to think that you would watch anything, regardless of quality, just so long as it had Warner Bros. characters in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.