1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Toons revived in 2010?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

I heard from someone that Warner Bros. may revive the Tiny Toons for a new series in 2010, is this true or did someone get it from a Wikipedia source?

2. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Tiny Toons are long gone. If the DVD sales and enough fans that want demand of a new TTA series to blossom, and Steven Spielberg, Tom Ruegger and Jean MacCurdy come back, then.....wait.....no, it's long gone.

3. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

that's false info. Wikipedia says that.

4. Cabel

Cabel Member

A full on revival, unlikely. Now if they wanted to do a DTV to do a final farwell to that era of cartoons, go for it.

Heck, I'll even pitch em one:

Yakko, Wakko, and Dot get sent to Acme Looniversity as exchange students.

Give that to Paul Dini and Sherri Stoner and let them run with it.

5. Jtaylor1

Jtaylor1 Not 9000! It Burns!

Yep. Another Wikipedia vandalism.

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Warner Bros. isn't going to do that; they have no need nor desire to do that.

And any information obtained from Wiki should be taken with a grain of salt, unless a substantial link or source is provided. (And some other message board does not count as a substantial source.)

Tiny Toon Adventures is done. We're getting the DVDs, just savor the glory that once was.

7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

dth1971, why is it so important to you for all these old shows to revived, especially when it's been said time and again that it's not going to happen? As Silverstar said, just enjoy the the DVDs and the memories. I personally don't want any of this stuff to come back because I know it would only be a shallow shadow of it's former self. There's no way they could make these shows again and even come close to making them as good as they were in the 1990s.

8. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Now that might work. Bring back the characters in DTVs and maybe some theatrical shorts.

9. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Pitch that to Cartoon Network!

10. AJW73

AJW73 Member

I kinda agree with what most people are saying here, One could dream though. Plus, they might have to hire some new Voice actors since some are either busy with other projects, not want have anything to do with it (I'm looking at you, Charlie Adler) or no longer with us (Don Messick, Greg Burson)

On a side note, Why did TTA finish production in the first place? It was a great show, and had the highest ratings of any cartoon pre-Animaniacs. They should've been making TTA and A! simultaniously. At least that would've stopped Pinky, Elmyra, & the Brain from ever being produced.

11. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

They were asked this at the Comic-Con, and I think it was Andrea Romano who said that "the business deal ran out". Also, a lot of attention was shifting towards "Animaniacs" towards the end of TTA's run, and I'm sure that if the crew had tried to work on both shows simultaneously, one of them would have suffered for it.

In all honesty, though, 98 episodes is a great run, and I'm happy with what we got. Better for them to go out on a high note than to drag out the show until it completely runs out of gas, I always say.

12. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

Okay, I'm going to go into my impression of Claude Rains from "Casablanca" here:

"I am shocked.... shocked, that Wikipedia would have false information!"*

Anyhow, let's worry about completing all of the original series on DVD before we start thinking about revivals. Remember, A! Volume 4 is still out there in limbo....

Frankly, Baby Looney Tunes and Loonatics left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I'm not sure I want them touching any of the characters: Golden Age, Silver Age, or any other age. :sad:

*For the benefit of the two or three people in the world who have not seen "Casablanca", Claude Rains was anything but shocked in that scene. :anime:

13. John Pannozzi

Good point.

Just my opinion, but I thought both of those shows were at least enjoyable and watchable in their second season. But in any case, Sander Schwartz, the guy most people have blamed for Loonatics, is no longer at Warners, he's replaced by Sam Register, who from what I hear has managed to get the WBA staff excited about working on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

To be honest, I just don't want the TTA and A! and F! and P&B characters go away forever. Quite a few popular '80s cartoons have gotten revivals in the past decade and in some cases (Transformers) will probably be popular franchises for the rest of human existance. Even Strawberry Shortcake got a re-vamp. I'd honestly be a little mad if at least a few '90s cartoons didn't get a similar update (well there was the Ren & Stimpy revival, but that wasn't well loved around this board; and the Space Goofs revival, but that only aired in certain countries; and the Biker Mice from Mars revival which Rich Arons help produce and direct, but I hear that's horrible; and the Earthworm Jim revival, but that hasn't happened yet.)

#13 John Pannozzi, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  14. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Sander's still at WB, just in a different position. And who's "Tom Register"? I know Sam Register at Warner Bros. Animation, but not Tom Register. :D

15. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Problem is...was stuff like Strawberry Shortcake a masterpiece to begin with? No, so any redo really has the potential to improve on the original. But Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were perfect the way they were and were products of their time. Any attempt to revive either series in today's environment would end up being dumbed down considerably and probably badly animated by companies with talent far below Startoons, Wang or TMS. Picture Animaniacs animated like Tom and Jerry Tales. Do we really want that? I dont, and I liked Tom and Jerry Tales.

All things said, renewals of either show would probably be a horribly lame idea. In both instances you can't just pick up where you left off and pretend like the past decade and a half didn't happen. Warner Brothers has proven time and again that they have their heads so far up their rear end's when it comes to the classic cartoon characters. Can you even imagine how they could potentially botch up a revival of Tiny Toons, Animaniacs or Pinky and the Brain? It's wishful thinking to believe that there's even a minute chance these shows are coming back.

16. John Pannozzi

Good point, but I wouldn't consider Tiny Toons to be perfect. That show, while I like it quite a lot and am greatful for the DVDs, was the very definition of inconsistant, which certain episodes (mostly the ones by Sherri Stoner) leaning towards what eventually involve into the Animaniacs style of humor, others (pretty much everything by Eddie Fitzgerald) was more in the Ralph Bakshi/John K./Spumco/Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures (which I advise you check out, Darth)/Ren & Stimpy style, really fun and wild (remember the viewmaster scene in "Love Among the Toons"? Perhaps the most out-there moment in the whole series). Others were sort of bland and/or leaned towards bad '80s cartoons. In any case, I just want to see the characters again every now and then. They shouldn't be mere footnotes in the history of the Looney Tunes, and I think everyone one here would be happy if there existing shows aired on TV again so future generations could experience them.

17. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student

OK, I agree--there may be no "official" revival, but maybe we on the forums could lead a "What If...?" thread, expressing our thoughts on "what could have been..."

However, added to that, there was a 2002 attempt, by videogame publisher Conspiracy and developer Treasure (the team behind Stretch Panic for the PS2), to revive TTA in the form of a (sadly never released :sad: :sad: :sad: ) PS2/Gamecube game titled Defenders of the Looneyverse. The Official US Playstation Magazine (OPM) had all these extensive previews. Conspiracy even re-hired the original vocal cast (albeit sans-Don "Scooby Doo" Messick), and OPM even interviewed Charlie Adler, Tress MacNielle and Danny Cooksey in one issue.

But as mentioned earlier, NEVER trust any rumour you hear on Wikipedia---NEVER---because whatever may be posted on there is likely a lie.

18. John Pannozzi

Exactly what issue of OPM was that interview in?

19. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Technically an Animaniacs game got out in 2006, but I seriously doubt any of the original talent was behind it.

20. MattieShoe

MattieShoe Member

I'm greatly, greatly opposed to An Animaniacs/ Tiny Toons Crossover.

It'd just cheapen Animaniacs, which is already frowned upon by the Animation community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.