1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Tiny Toons Adventures, Vol. 1" and "Freakazoid, Vol. 1" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Keeper, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

Picture quality has been a problem in both the Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain sets as well. It's one of those instances in which I'm glad they were released at all.

Also, I wouldn't worry about Animatiacs not getting a 4th release. Sure, it's disheartening to hear that it's not on the scheduled release horizon, but Warner Bros. DVD division is generally good about releases and finishing series. I mean, it took them TWO YEARS to release the last Tom & Jerry Spotlight collection after the previous release, so it still may happen.

2. Troy

Troy Member

Agent Mulder, you've seen but scant pieces of the whole...

That and we're all trained in counter intelligence.

3. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Whereas, of course, network executives are trained to counter intelligence.

Off topic, but had to be said!

4. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

OK, I've been reminded and nudged to post this, and I'm finally remembering to, about three hours after I should have gone to bed. So, it's about the same time as when I usually remember things that I wanted to do. Only this time, I'm actually still up to do it instead of lying in bed in the middle of the night saying, "Oh, crud! I forgot to do that today!"

They're recording the extras for F! vol. 2 next week. There will not be any episode commentaries this time. However, this does not mean that the set will be lacking in bonus features compared to vol. 1. I just don't know exactly what Mr Benjamin has up his sleeve yet...

5. bhermies

bhermies Member

When ever volume 2 comes out I am ready for it. I LOVED FREAKAZOID.

6. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Oh, and I was wrong. It wasn't next week; it was today.

7. bhermies

bhermies Member

Even better the sooner they get Frakazoid season 2 out the better.

8. Slane

Slane Member

9. Chaz

Chaz Member

Sorry to bump this for no real reason, but any news on how the recording of those extras went, Keeper?

10. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

I've seriously considered buying the TTA DVD even though I haven't seen TTA in 16 years (for shame!), there're almost no actual episode clips on YouTube or veoh, etc. etc., and honestly I don't remember a single joke from the very few episodes I saw. I just can't place money on an uncertain thing.

11. Troy

Troy Member

I'm being requested to post in order to keep my account active... so I shall break the silence (and not any non-disclosure agreements) by saying that many special features are recorded on a daily basis and they usually go very well. Many of them don't often involve trained assassin chimpanzees and barrels full of bulk purchased cottage cheese, but you hope for that on the good days. Those are the ones that you look forward to.

12. Chaz

Chaz Member

Well thank goodness everyone involved in that project has something to keep them going.

13. Framwinkle

Framwinkle Crazy Squirrel

Okay, I have to ask. Has anyone else had any trouble playing the fourth disk of the TTA set? The one that's double sided? Mine played fine the first time I watched it, but now it gets stuck about half way through, a little before I hit the Rainy Daze episode. (No, it's not scratched in any way.) I didn't have any trouble with it the first time I watched it, but that was on a different DVD player than I'm using now. It's rather annoying. I really wish they hadn't made it double sided. I don't trust those things to last. But I want to know if this is a common problem and I should just learn to live with it, or if I should bother trying to get my set exchanged?

14. Tinytooncrazy

Tinytooncrazy Member

Just them for christmas along with Looney tune volume 6 , I loved the freakzoid dvd certianly brought back a lot of mememories.

15. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

I didn't even realize you had an account here Troy!
    I should've known you'd be in this thread..
    Every time I turn around I find you latley, I'm taking that as a good sign!
    :D

16. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

Okay, I finally bought this. It's kinda weird seeing 3 single-side DVDs and a double-sider, but I can understand the thinking. I would guess that one double-sided disc is cheaper to produce than two one-siders. It's cheaper to package 4 than 5 discs, too, because I can't see more than 4 discs fitting in a traditional DVD case.

17. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

It doesn't look like Volume 2 will have a flipper, as it contains 30 shows and not 35. The second Freakazoid DVD wasn't announced today, but it's coming.

By the way, I went ahead and transferred all my VHS tapings of seasons 2 and 3 to DVD. WB only committed to two and you know how they handled ending the Animaniacs sets.

18. Spike Mcdougal

Spike Mcdougal The Legendary Outlaw

I know that the rest of Animaniacs have not been or will not be released but what does the rest of that mean?

19. Troy

Troy Member

What's a DVD? They sound like fun.

20. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

Yeah, you should probably base a career around them!