1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Tiny Toons Adventures, Vol. 1" and "Freakazoid, Vol. 1" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Keeper, Oct 31, 2007.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

The Freakazoid DVD set is great, and the 5.1 sound mix is awesome. I simply wish they could've cleaned up the video a little more though.

There are some segments on the episodes I never remember from watching it on TV. Guess it's just been a while.

Something I've noticed is that Dini seems to write the more "narrative" focused type of Freakazoid episodes.

I think the late Jack Valenti deserves a lot of credit for doing this show. For all the crap he got over the years as being he head of the MPAA, I mean it's unbelievable to me how naturally hilarious he is in this show. I think if Valenti did more stuff like this, his legacy wouldn't be quite so tarnished. And since the show didn't get good ratings, not many people really saw this.

When I spoke with Paul Rugg, he talked about how scared he was when he realized that Jack Valenti was going to say some of his lines, and he expected Valenti to get very angry. But Valenti simply did them, made no fuss, and had a good time. So by Rugg's story alone, maybe people just don't want to give Valenti a fair shake.

As proof of how ahead of its time the show was. In one segment we see Sharon Stone and Princess Diana getting in a cat fight over Freakazoid. A caricature of Pope John Paul. Also Toby Danger. That's right Freakazoid was doing what The Venture Bros. is doing before The Venture Bros. even existed.

Things that are commonplace on so many hit animated shows were already being done in Freakazoid. And in many ways they were done better. It definitely shows that Monty Python was a big influence on this show, best seen in things like Lord Bravery.

Rugg told me that they weren't trying to write things they thought kids would be funny, but just write what was funny period.

Freakazoid is the best and most funniest animated series of all time.

2. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

3. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

"Still Odor-able". I like that, of course. ;)

And 'tis a fine review. :cool:

4. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Took you long enough to look at the episodes carefully. Nice review, Speedy. You can review the other TTA volumes when they come out later on.

5. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

Yeah the review was pretty good.

PS: The Home theatre chat is right around the corner! We're finally gonna know what's up with Animaniacs Volume 4! Yippee!

6. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Huh? What is that supposed to mean?

It should be mentioned here, since it hasn't, that the F! vol. 2 bonus features recording session has been rescheduled for next month. So it's no longer indefinitely postponed. Good news.

7. TheVileOne

Reporter

I hope that means the sales of volume 1 were decent.

8. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

yeah but it obviously hasn't and loads of people like John Pannozzi said will prob be asking about it at the hoem theatre forum chat with WBHV and they're liable to answer so...

9. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Hasn't? It most definitely has been rescheduled. Straight from the horse's mouth. Don't expect to hear much from an official studio shirt at whatever studio chat session you're talking about. Official channels are more tight-lipped than other sources (like people actually involved).

This doesn't mean the DVD has a release date or definitely will be released. However, the fact that they're going to spend the money to have these recording sessions is a good sign that it very well may be. WBHV probably won't say a word about it until the green light is lit.

10. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

Forgive me for not knowing how to only quote one portion of what you said lol i still haven't learned how to do that. but i wasn't disagreeing with what u said about Freakazoid. I was talking about Animaniacs when was saying that whatever reason it hasnt happened yet that it obviously hasn't been posted here yet like you said it would. You said urself that not even Tom Ruegger himself knows y the last DVD hasnt' happened yet and the only people who of course would know are the people who have planned the previous DVDs being WBHV themselves and i'm pretty sure they haven't told anyone since we still don't know the answer yet. Only they themselves know why it hasn't happened yet and they will be chatting with the Home Theater Forum tomorrow and millions of fans will be asking about it. I've see many chats they've had and many questions have been answered. There's no doubt in my mind that they'll ignore fans when they ask them about Animaniacs Volume 4.

11. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Exaggerate much? :D

Anyway I really hope WBHV clues us in to what's happening with volume 4 tomorrow.

12. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

Exaggerate much? No and i don't know how i was exaggerating but ok lol

And yeah i'm with you bro. We have questions they have answers. There's no reason for why they should ignore us.

13. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

Is there any way we could have seperate threads for the Freakazoid and Tiny Toons DVDs? I don't not like Tiny Toons, but I'd rather talk about Freakazoid.

14. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

You shouldn't have to ask that question. its simple just click New thread and name it "Freakazoid on DVD" and u've got a new thread. that really wasn't a question worth asking. However there is another forum about freakazoid dvds somewhere around here. although its so old i have no idea what happened to it.

15. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

I figured there were enough unique posts on Freakazoid in this thread that it would be just as well to seperate the threads instead of making a new one that would probably go ignored. You don't have to be so high and mighty about it.

#555 Sprocket, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  16. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

o i wasn't. i didn't mean to give you that impression. sorry my dude.

17. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

Updates from the HTF chat with WHV that might interest the regular readers of this thread given how much speculation we've had about future releases here:

Regarding the TTA movie and two post-series specials: "We're working on the complete seasons at this point, and we'll evaluate those specials later. Keep buying those season sets and more good things weill come."

For Road Rovers, Taz-Mania, Histeria and Detention: "We're focused on Tiny Toons and Freakazoid right now; based on the sales of those we will decide future releases."

Edit: The excitement about A! V4 turns south... WHV made a typo in their response (forgot to include the word no), so they added that "there is no current plan for Animaniacs 4." :(

#557 Dogbert, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  18. Brad12

Brad12 Active Member

the day we've all been waiting for this day to hear why volume 4 hasn't happened and all warner Home video told us was that they are not planning it at this time. They still won't tell us. sigh....:(

19. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

You younger fans are learning. Official channels in a public forum/chat never say anything you don't already know!

20. TheVileOne

Reporter

Yay, more Freakazoid is on its way.

#560 TheVileOne, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008