1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Tiny Toons Adventures, Vol. 1" and "Freakazoid, Vol. 1" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Keeper, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

I just got confirmation that Tiny Toon Adventures will be the next WBA series released on DVD.

Animaniacs vol. 4 will not go under consideration until after TTA vol. 1. It is not guaranteed that Animaniacs vol. 4 will be produced at all, at this point. If we hear nothing by the time TTA1 comes out, we are encouraged to make a scene.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

VIC-TA-REE!

And a Toon Zone exclusive! Not even tvshowsondvd has this posted yet. Be sure to buy it, everyone....

3. Dante Bunny

Dante Bunny PK ROCKIN!!!

OMG! It's about time it's coming out on DVD! I can't wait to get my hands on that series! Yep! I got A! vol 1-3, I haven't got Pinky and the Brain series yet, but I so can't wait for TTA to be on DVD! I was waiting forever for it to come!

4. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

*Bounces off the walls and does the ultimate happy dance*

YES! YES! YES! YES! Finally I can get some pristine copies of every episode. My videos are going downhill. Plucky looks blue and Buster looks green.

YES! YES! YES!

"The circle is now complete."

5. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Well...that's nice about Tiny Toons...but I'm not happy about the fact that we may not see the last Animaniacs set.

6. Dante Bunny

Dante Bunny PK ROCKIN!!!

that's sounds sweet that TTA are finally coming out on DVD vol 1, but they should release both A! and TTA at the same time like A! and P&tB DVDs. I hope that the fans of A! won't get upset and take it out on TTA because they put A! vol 4 in halt... :(

7. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

*Coming down from the initial excitement*

Yes, it is strange that WB isn't thinking about maximazing their profits be releasing TTA and A! together. Surely they didn't come this far with A! only to stop now at the end....

8. Zam

Zam Let me sleep internet!

[​IMG]

Sorry A!, but TT´s fanbase is way larger and dedicated. The sacrifice is worth.

9. DarthGonzo

This decision says nothing about TTA's fanbase. And sacrificing the final quarter of the Animaniacs episodes for Tiny Toons is just criminal and WB should know that.

I call foul on this one. Bad show. I'd rather have the entire series of A! and no TTA than have some TTA and an incomplete A! series.

10. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Well, the perception seems that way, but I'm not so sure it's actually true. TTA is very popular with furries and otherwise visible "toon fans" on the internet. Animaniacs has a broader appeal. The comments on YouTube videos that feature Animaniacs scenes really highlights this point, as there are many people who aren't cartoon fans in general but reminisce about how much they loved Animaniacs.

11. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Not quite a ToonZone exclusive; I posted it on my LiveJournal first, as I always do!

12. DarthGonzo

Well regardless of how excited everyone is about TTA I think everyone needs to contact WBHV immediately and request the fourth and final volume of Animaniacs. Don't just brainlessly ignore things and blindly buy the TTA DVDs, thereby giving WB the impression that no one cares if the company is too lazy to give us the remained of A!

Nonsense like this doesn't give me very high hopes that we'll ever see complete releases for Disney's stuff like Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Talespin or Darkwing Duck.

Why do companies keep doing this? Pathetic.

13. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

To be fair, much of those episodes were from the show's WB run, so, either way, no big loss.

Still, TTA on DVD. Here's hoping it sells well enough for the later episodes to hit DVD. So many classics from that era ("Return of Batduck", "Kon Ducki", "How I Spent My Vacation" - and I think we can all agree that it's about time for this one).

14. DarthGonzo

It doesn't matter. You don't release 3/4s of a series run, string people along and then forget about it and move on to something else. I expected better out of WB.

15. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they do decide to do vol. 4 of Animaniacs to coincide with TTA vol. 1. Just because it isn't in the pipeline at the moment and "will not be issued before the first volume of Tiny Toons" (as the big bird worded it) doesn't necessarily mean it won't be released WITH the first volume of Tiny Toons.

I guess I made it sound a little more dire in my original post. The big bird did go on to say, "
    May need to raise a squawk at some point to make sure the remainder of Animaniacs gets released," but if how he worded it is how he was informed, then it very well could be that WBHV will do the right thing. (Who knows? Maybe a super box set in the shape of an anvil or the water tower...) We just have to see what WBHV ends up doing and decide when it's time to squawk.

Very funny.

16. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

It seemed like the 4th Animaniacs volume was a given for the end of the year.

Did Volume 3 not sell well? was Volume 4 a casuality in some kind of sweeping of WBHV's schedule (which resulted in, among other things, a delay for the Smurfs)? If need be, I'll be among the squawkers who'll raise a squawk for Volume 4.

17. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

I have no words for my disappointment.

18. Zam

Zam Let me sleep internet!

Why WB/Disney sets have so many problems? Not enough sells? Sometimes it feels that 80´s cartoons sets has more support than 90´s.

19. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

Speaking of which I thought A! and PatB! were selling BETTER than hot cakes...

20. Dante Bunny

Dante Bunny PK ROCKIN!!!

See that's what excatly that I was talking about...stuff like that happens, and people get cheesed off over it. It's only matter of time that people from YouTube and any other bias sites that I have been to going bananas over this predicument. Sorry, but I have to say it...