1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Tiny Toon Adventures - Volume 3" DVD Discussion

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by snowpeck, Sep 27, 2012.

1. snowpeck

snowpeck Member

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Warner drops a bomb: Tiny Toons almost completed but not quite

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tiny-Toon-Adventures-Volume-3/17543

Who knows why, but the third Tiny Toons DVD set is now on track to be released MINUS several episodes, including the banned "Elephant Issues" episode. Otherwise all of season 2 is here, and the first four of Season 3.

I'm just satisfied I can put away my old VHS of Thirteensomething recorded off Fox, but this kinda says something about the current regime: they believe only kids are buying these for some reason, and thus, they have to still ban One Beer.

Also, let's see if they correct this typo in the press release before they put it on the back of the set:
    My money's on "Tony" appearing there unedited.

3. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

I'm happy (even though I live in Poland). Are you happy?

4. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

Awesome to see Season 2 finally being released. (More or less.) I guess I picked the right time to finally pick up the first season DVDs. XD Here's hoping for a Volume 4 with the rest of Season 3 and maybe even that missing S2 episode.

5. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I don't mind that there are less episodes than we were expecting; it seems like a good strategy for WB to sell it at a lower price point so it will encourage impulse buys. Not everyone can afford a full-fledged season set nowadays.

But I am not happy that "Elephant Issues" is being omitted. "One Beer" isn't even that bad, and the other two shorts are innocuous. Hopefully WB sees the error of their ways and puts it on vol. 4.

Still, I'm glad more TTA is getting on DVD. Maybe "HISMV" sold decently.

6. CasualT

CasualT New Member

I'm wondering if we'll ever get the specials that came out after the series.

7. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

With all due respect, I think you're being unfair in this case. This isn't the classic shorts we're talking about. It could also be that some older viewers might not want to watch it for their own sake (i.e., and not just for the sake of their families).

Having said the above however, I also believe that a DVD release of any TV (or other) series should be complete. Actually, this goes into a completely different issue entirely (namely, the issue about whether or not DVD releases should be complete, no matter what), and I don't want to derail this thread. Suffice it to say, I don't think the episode is being removed just for the sake of one age group/demographic/what have you. I personally think that this is just showing sensitivity towards how other people might feel about it in general. Again, not just for their families, but for themselves as well.

Now, I'm neither defending, nor supporting their decision to remove it (far from it, especially the former). I'm just giving my two cents on the whole issue while considering as many sides of the argument as I can. I hardly support censorship, but at the same time I can understand why this would be done. In any case, I would still buy it despite the missing episode. Now, if there was some other, non-controversial episode that got removed for apparently no reason, then that would be a problem...

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That cover has the exact same image of Dizzy from the HISMV cover.
    I hate it when studios are cheap on the cover art.

9. Astrolupine

Astrolupine Man on the wing.

I'm rather curious about WB giving sub-titles to their season-finishing releases these days (eg. Young Justice, TLTS).

(And upon first glance of the artwork, I mistook it for a new Baby Looney Tunes release. Yeesh.)

10. Mr.Fable

Mr.Fable Person

11. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Just had another thought: If vol. 4 comes out, I hope they don't also skip "Toons From the Crypt", using the excuse that it didn't technically air with the original TTA run (one of its segments debuted on "The Plucky Duck Show"). That would be dastardly of them.

Not counting "Spring Break" and "Night Ghoulery" (which I suspect will be released separately in a double pack), there are sixteen episodes left. Seventeen episodes, if you count the skipped "Elephant Issues". So there would be enough disc space for them all. Comon WB, don't let us down.

12. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Funny thing about "Elephant Issues" is that CN Latin America reran the series up to the early 2000s, and that episode was never skipped. "One Beer" aired completely unedited.

Although I changed the channel during "C.L.I.D.E. and Prejudice", I admit.

13. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

This is not true. This is the US broadcast history of this episode.

Syndication: Premiered there and aired a few times in the 1991-92 season.

Fox Kids: Aired a few times in the 1992-93 season. It was the following year (1993-94) where it was "banned" from the network.

Nickelodeon: Supposedly aired this once, then stopped.

Kids' WB: Conveniently, this was not part of their 91-episode package, so it wasn't shown.

Cartoon Network: Aired on December 24, 1999. It most likely aired more than once. The series was dropped from their schedule in April, 2001.

#13 Erased Paper, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  14. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Yeah, I was a pretty regular follower of the series when it was on Nick/NickToons and I never saw it.

Isn't "public outcry" a bit of a hyperbole? And more importantly, was there ever proof that the TTA staff was flooded with parental complaints about this episode? Or is this just an assumption based on its sporadic airing history?

15. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

Most likely.

16. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

The whole issue surrounding "One Beer" always sounded more like an S&P decision than actual outcry to me.

17. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

They really should release the episode. One Beer is insanely tame compared to what kids are seeeing on shows geared towards them these days.

18. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

This is great news mostly because this gives hope that Animaniacs COULD be next. *crosses fingers*

19. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

I'm glad its getting another release, but too bad about the missing episode.

20. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Since these two threads were about the same thing, I merged them.