1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Toon Adventures Airing On A Pre-School Channel

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by BeanoMaster, Sep 17, 2015.

1. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

In the UK, TTA starts airing on Cartoonito (a pre-school channel) soon.

I was wondering if it should really be on it, since there is a lot of episodes which aren't suitable. For example: Test Stress which has a segment with Fowlmouth swearing (censored though).

2. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool

I can't help but feel that a lot of people assume that Tiny Toons is a baby show because of its name and the fact that the majority of the main characters look like they're between 6 and 8. (When I think they're supposed to be in their early teens at the latest if I read correctly.) Amazon also has the show filed under "Ages 5-7" last time I checked.

But hey, despite the rampant Parental Bonus, it was still popular with kids all the same. (Not just older folks.) If kids under the age of ten liked it then, I bet they'll like it now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZukoFan

ZukoFan Member

This is a weird show to put on a preschool channel. You'd really think if they wanted to do something with Looney Tunes, they'd have put Baby Looney Tunes on the schedule. That said, if little kids like Tom and Jerry they'll also probably like TTA. And TTA is miles better than most of preschool programming at the moment; it's cleverly written and appeals to all age groups. Still, I can't see little kids enjoying episodes like "Acme Cable TV," where all of the jokes are pop culture parodies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

This reminds me of the time they aired Rugrats on Nick Jr. I'm so glad they're finally returning this show in the UK-it hasn't aired there in a while!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Yeah, I remember that. That wasn't really a great fit either; just because the show starred babies didn't make it a preschool show. IIRC, Nick also ran The Muppet Show on Nick Jr. for a time, though to be fair, I believe that was during the summer, when the older kids were out of school.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Commander Beeper

Commander Beeper Watchdog

It could always be weird like this. Rugrats actually aired on Nick Jr. during its days as a programming block between 1994 and 1997.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Let's not get too carried away about other shows like Rugrats; let's talk more about Tiny Toons. I sure wish they'd find a channel in the United States for this show since Discovery Family stopped airing it after rebranding from the Hub Network.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

While that would be nice, TTA doesn't really have to air on TV since the series is on DVD now. Also, the show aired on DiscFam briefly on weekday mornings. It wasn't taken off because of the rebrand; most likely the channel's contract to air the show simply ran out and Discovery opted not to renew it. Why air a fun, well-made cartoon when you can air 2 more hours of Babies Behaving Badly?

9. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

There's nothing about Tiny Toon Adventures that's inappropriate for preschoolers, but the show was never intended for tiny tots and the writing was far superior to the average kiddie show fare. There's enough visual humor to keep tots entertained, but many of the shows and references are going to sail right over their little heads.

It strikes me as curious that Cartoonito would select Tiny Toons for it's channel when WB made a Looney Tunes series specifically tailored for preschoolers, Baby Looney Tunes, which would be a far better for the channel.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

So that's why my friend was convinced that Rugrats was a pre-school show...

11. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

Actually, the story behind the show airing on Nick Jr. in my country was a little surprising, to say the least. According to an old GeoCities website I read as a child about preschool shows, they were supposed to air the English dub of Moomin, but replaced it with Rugrats at the last minute.
    I don't know-possibly to get older people to watch the channel?
    Also, there's another innapropiate episode that comes to mind that I am unsure of the UK airing-"Elephant Issues". The last segment of that episode, "One Beer", is about consuming alcohol.
    I did find a schedule for Cartoonito, and according to that, they've treated it pretty well, airing it for at least 2 and a half hours a day!

12. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Perhaps, although it seems a bit odd that a pre-school channel would be interested in attracting older viewers, unless it's owners are planning to transform Cartoonito into a general kids' entertainment channel, which seems unnecessary since Cartoon Network Too (the channel that Cartoonito spun off from) still exists. What's the point of having 2 separate channels if their programs are going to be interchangeable?

#12 Goldstar Neo, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  13. Boj The Bloom

Boj The Bloom Member

How In The World Is This Show Airing On Cartoonito? The Channel Will Probably Pulled The Show Because Some Of The Episodes Are Innapropiate For Cartoonito.
    Imagine... Cartoonito Will Pull The Show (Along With Scooby Doo And Tom And Jerry Kids And The Smurfs) Replace With Bob The Builder And Fireman Sam, And Call It A Day!

14. PiotrGT

PiotrGT Member

It shouldn't air on preschool channel. I don't think it's that horrible for little kids but it's not very good for them either and it doesn't fit at all into channel like that. It's like when CN was airing that Puppy in My Pocket cartoon few years ago. :confused:

15. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Thank god THAT'S over.

16. PiotrGT

PiotrGT Member

I remember when news came and I was like "Really? It has to be joke or just fake" but no, it happened. It has to be the absolute most ridiculous thing Cartoon Network had ever done, no matter how many other ridiculous things happened on CN. We are going a bit off-topic there but it's similar case, just reversed.

17. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I think they may have meant Baby Looney Tunes, but if Tiny Toon Adventures does turn up on this British channel, then the programmers there really are confused.

18. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Actually Boomerang aired it, not CN (like in other European countries)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. PiotrGT

PiotrGT Member

Here in Poland it was on CN as well, for real.

20. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Yeah I know about this actually. :) But I thought you were talking about CN USA